11-AAA Post Season Thread

CalledStrike

Overton/Franklin at 5pm

Overton/Independence at 7:30

So...let's hear the theory. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

As you astutely point out, it is because of rain on Friday. It is now a 60% chance.

I'd love to hear the theory. I saw the coaches talking about it, Franklin didn't have a problem with it.

'GoingtoRightField' you can slant your post to paint a distorted picture of what really happens in games you comment on, you can question where a fan is sitting and what angle he had to see the pitch, you can make excuses when you lose, but please don't try and speak for the Franklin coaching staff. I know your good, but your not that good. I am actually close to the Franklin program and I actually talked to the Franklin coaching staff and they were not ok with the decision. How come we were the only district in all three classifications in the state to do it this way. Nobody else moved their games back, they all played Friday night, so the "rain theory" you astutely used just don't wash. I think everyone knows the truth but I can't wait to hear your response.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point exactly OHSBobcat1, I said Friday night not Thursday night. For some funny reason they decided to move the championship game back to a thurs. doubleheader. Looked ok to me friday night to play ball. Everybody else did. I checked every district in all three classifications and they all played their championship on Fri. one game, one night like it is supposed to be, I wonder why that is?It wasn't fair to Overton either, it cost them a #1 seed. But the ultimate goal was achieved, congratulations!It's easy to understand why everybody in the district dislikes Franklin, they've been like the Patriots of the NFL. They win so much everybody hates them. They have went to the state 3 out of the last 4 years and got put out in the sub-state the other. They have represented this district 8 out of the last 10 years. When you talk about District 11AAA, Franklin is the team people think of, not Overton, or Indy, or Brentwood. It's always been that way and it always will. I will miss Overton's baseball team when they leave the district, they have a good coach, but I won't miss the lack of class often displayed by the Overton faithful from the ticket seller, to the concession stand workers, to the fans, and the students.

Cheering for a team other than Franklin...is not a lack of class.

'GoingtoRightField' you can slant your post to paint a distorted picture of what really happens in games you comment on, you can question where a fan is sitting and what angle he had to see the pitch, you can make excuses when you lose, but please don't try and speak for the Franklin coaching staff. I know your good, but your not that good. I am actually close to the Franklin program and I actually talked to the Franklin coaching staff and they were not ok with the decision. How come we were the only district in all three classifications in the state to do it this way. Nobody else moved their games back, they all played Friday night, so the "rain theory" you astutely used just don't wash. I think everyone knows the truth but I can't wait to hear your response.

I know for a fact that the only reason it was changed was for precautions against the weather. Overton would have been in better pitching shape, too, had we played Friday.

However, I don't see what you are complaining about. Franklin didn't even win the semi game so it didn't affect them either way.

Who is it that supposedly perpetrated this conspiracy?

I know for a fact that the only reason it was changed was for precautions against the weather. Overton would have been in better pitching shape, too, had we played Friday.

However, I don't see what you are complaining about. Franklin didn't even win the semi game so it didn't affect them either way.

Who is it that supposedly perpetrated this conspiracy?

Franklin had to play 4 games in 2 days instead of 3 days & would have had their #1 pitcher ready on friday. Overton & Indy, neither wanted to play Franklin with #1 on the mound. Can't blame them.

Franklin had to play 4 games in 2 days instead of 3 days & would have had their #1 pitcher ready on friday. Overton & Indy, neither wanted to play Franklin with #1 on the mound. Can't blame them.

that is completely irrelevant. overton and franklin's game would've been played thursday regardless. overton won either way, so franklin wouldn't have played friday or thursday night anyways. franklin is looking for excuses. overton would be the only team that could complain, but seeing as it was their decision, no one is saying anything. they would've liked to play friday as well, but weather wouldn't have allowed it.

Your "logic" is giving me a headache. You could have had Tim Lincecum available for the Championship Game and it wouldn't have mattered because Franklin didn't make it past the semifinal game. Do you see the fallacy in your argument?

Holy cow.

Overton & Indy, neither wanted to play Franklin with #1 on the mound.

Didn't matter since Franklin lost the semifinal game.

Maybe it would not have made a bit of difference, and I'll definitely hand it to Overton they can hit a fastball, Franklin may have played differently if they hadn't known that they had to win a double header to advance. Who knows, and I'm not trying to make any excuses here, but maybe Franklin would have played differently if it had been just one game at a time. I think most people thought Overton didn't have any pitching left (which they really didn't, Franklin would have hit that pitcher hard most days out of the week, but I'll hand it to him he did a great job) so some may have been looking ahead to Indy already, especially since it was the same day. Again, I might be wrong, but you never know what could have happened.

On another note, congrats to Indy and Overton, neither will have a problem getting past district 12 teams. Good luck in your sectionals and represent District 11 well!

I believe you are somewhat correct. Ravenwood has the chance to replace Overton as one of the better teams after Overton leaves the district next year. Centennial might also be in the mix, probably 3rd or 4th. Independence will rule and be on top as long as Coach Moore is still there. Brentwood and Franklin were trainwrecks this year, typically two of the dominant teams who played well below their potential this year (both had lots of coaching and attitude issues). Forget about Hillsboro and Hillwood, their games should be listed as scrimmages and not officially count on anyone's schedule. Here's what I see for next year:

1) Independence (by a wide margin, coaching, pitching, hitting all superior to rest of district), 2) Ravenwood (could slip and go to #3, but underclassmen will get better and will probably finish right behind Indy), 3) Centennial (might, with a break or two finish #2, Coaches not bad, work well with high school players), 4) Brentwood (simply needs to find some offense, too much baseball history to stay down for long), 5) Franklin (no pitching next year, coaching???, sad state after many years of domination, the school deserves better) 6)Hillsboro (a few ballplayers, but not enough to compete in this district, 7) Hillwood (I feel for them, but as long as they try, then play ball and have some fun. They might celebrate an upset or two, but that's about it).

I believe you are somewhat correct. Independence definately has the players to win the district, no doubt about it. But you have got to look at the reason that Ravenwood always does so good in the tournament. Its because Coach Kirby gets everyone so pumped up that it makes them do better. Imagine what would happen then with that mentality of going out and trying to smoke every team you play and having the talent to compete. I think Ravenwood will be very sucessfull in years to come.

I believe you are somewhat correct. Ravenwood has the chance to replace Overton as one of the better teams after Overton leaves the district next year. Centennial might also be in the mix, probably 3rd or 4th. Independence will rule and be on top as long as Coach Moore is still there. Brentwood and Franklin were trainwrecks this year, typically two of the dominant teams who played well below their potential this year (both had lots of coaching and attitude issues). Forget about Hillsboro and Hillwood, their games should be listed as scrimmages and not officially count on anyone's schedule. Here's what I see for next year:

1) Independence (by a wide margin, coaching, pitching, hitting all superior to rest of district), 2) Ravenwood (could slip and go to #3, but underclassmen will get better and will probably finish right behind Indy), 3) Centennial (might, with a break or two finish #2, Coaches not bad, work well with high school players), 4) Brentwood (simply needs to find some offense, too much baseball history to stay down for long), 5) Franklin (no pitching next year, coaching???, sad state after many years of domination, the school deserves better) 6)Hillsboro (a few ballplayers, but not enough to compete in this district, 7) Hillwood (I feel for them, but as long as they try, then play ball and have some fun. They might celebrate an upset or two, but that's about it).

Franklin obviously wasnt a train wreck seeing that they had a chace at the #1 seed in the district going into the final week and a half. Also, the Rebels having a down year might have to do with the fact that they lost 6 position starters, plus loads of pitching. They had almost no experience this year, they started a freshman, sophomore, and freshman for a majority of the games in the infield. They have a lot of young talent and will surprise people next year.