11-AAA Post Season Thread

CalledStrike

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overton over McGavock 4-3.

Ha the bobcats almost choked. The eagles keep rolling along like I said they would. Indy beats overton on wednesday to take the home spot in the substate game. I'm calling it now Indy state champs 2009.

Iknow I was hard on franklin but to be honest I thought they did well after all they lost. The coaching staff seemed to play to their team strengths. Franklin parents just get upset when their little johnny doesn't get to play. I feel sorry for them. They should finish 2nd behind us next year.

Overton over McGavock 4-3.

I've been reading these post on and off this season, and I havent said anything because its really none of my business I guess, but now I'm going to throw my 10 cents out there because I'm actually someone who knows something about Franklin Baseball due to the fact that I played there for four years. While we were playing under coach Alumbaugh, with coach Brown and coach Jones as the assistants, we made it to state 3 out of the four years I was there. With that being said, the only person that made that possible was coach Brown. He came in our freshman year, and changed our whole program from top to bottom, pitching all the way down to hitting, fielding and baserunning. Coach Alumbaugh did absolutely nothing but manage, and Jones helped, but mainly with the hitting aspect. Franklin also lost eight seniors last year, everyone of them being starters in some way (7 position players, 3 starting pitchers). So for you people sit there and say that franklin has coaches that dont know what there doing, you couldnt be more wrong. I was personally surprised that they made it as far as they did this year due to the loss of so many seniors last year. I think coach Brown is an excellent coach, and if you know anything about anything, you should know that one team or individual can't stay on top forever. You have no right to say anything about Independence doing anything just do to the fact that Franklin dominated them for the past four years. IHS has proved nothing, and wont make it past sub-state this year. Franklin will be back at the top of the district in just a few years thanks to Coach Brown and the rest of the coaching staff.

Ha the bobcats almost choked. The eagles keep rolling along like I said they would. Indy beats overton on wednesday to take the home spot in the substate game. I'm calling it now Indy state champs 2009.

Iknow I was hard on franklin but to be honest I thought they did well after all they lost. The coaching staff seemed to play to their team strengths. Franklin parents just get upset when their little johnny doesn't get to play. I feel sorry for them. They should finish 2nd behind us next year.

Im going to laugh so hard when you guys lose. Here's the thing Independence has a really good team but it is because of idiots like you that make everyone hate independence. I also think your dead wrong about next year. I think this is how it goes next year: Ravenwood,Indy,Franklin

I wouldnt say that anyone chokes at this point in the season. Each team that has advanced has advanced for a reason. McGavock was undefeated in their district.

I wouldnt say that anyone chokes at this point in the season. Each team that has advanced has advanced for a reason. McGavock was undefeated in their district.

Good post. The McGavock team that Overton run-ruled earlier in the year was much improved...in all facets of the game.

Congratulations to the final 16 teams. All 16 are deserving and should be given credit for making it to this point.

I've been reading these post on and off this season, and I havent said anything because its really none of my business I guess, but now I'm going to throw my 10 cents out there because I'm actually someone who knows something about Franklin Baseball due to the fact that I played there for four years. While we were playing under coach Alumbaugh, with coach Brown and coach Jones as the assistants, we made it to state 3 out of the four years I was there. With that being said, the only person that made that possible was coach Brown. He came in our freshman year, and changed our whole program from top to bottom, pitching all the way down to hitting, fielding and baserunning. Coach Alumbaugh did absolutely nothing but manage, and Jones helped, but mainly with the hitting aspect. Franklin also lost eight seniors last year, everyone of them being starters in some way (7 position players, 3 starting pitchers). So for you people sit there and say that franklin has coaches that dont know what there doing, you couldnt be more wrong. I was personally surprised that they made it as far as they did this year due to the loss of so many seniors last year. I think coach Brown is an excellent coach, and if you know anything about anything, you should know that one team or individual can't stay on top forever. You have no right to say anything about Independence doing anything just do to the fact that Franklin dominated them for the past four years. IHS has proved nothing, and wont make it past sub-state this year. Franklin will be back at the top of the district in just a few years thanks to Coach Brown and the rest of the coaching staff.

I don't think you are giving enough credit to Alumbaugh. He added organization and structure to a team that hadn't known the meaning of hard work before he came to Franklin. And yes, Franklin made it to state three out of four years when Brown came, but it's mostly because they had great players who went on to play in college. I don't know the exact count, but it has to be around 20 players that went on to play in college. Whenever a team has that many quality players in a short span of time, they are bound to have success with a little bit of organization and structure. If you had been at Franklin this year you might have a different opinion.

I don't think you are giving enough credit to Alumbaugh. He added organization and structure to a team that hadn't known the meaning of hard work before he came to Franklin. And yes, Franklin made it to state three out of four years when Brown came, but it's mostly because they had great players who went on to play in college. I don't know the exact count, but it has to be around 20 players that went on to play in college. Whenever a team has that many quality players in a short span of time, they are bound to have success with a little bit of organization and structure. If you had been at Franklin this year you might have a different opinion.

See, its people like you that just really don't know what your talking about. I don't give Alumbaugh credit at all, because of the fact that all he did was use us for the five years that he was there. All he cared about was getting a college coaching job, and he would do anything for that. We could have won a state championship and many more games than we did if we had a coach that was aggresive like Brown and liked to run the bases, which Alumbaugh wouldn't do because he was afraid if he got someone thrown out at home he wouldn't get a college job. Those 20 or so players that you are talking about that went on to play college ball were made in to college players mostly due to coach Brown's pitching, hitting and the amount of college scouts he brought into the games. Alumbaugh wouldn't even attempt to get scouts to come watch us.

See, its people like you that just really don't know what your talking about. I don't give Alumbaugh credit at all, because of the fact that all he did was use us for the five years that he was there. All he cared about was getting a college coaching job, and he would do anything for that. We could have won a state championship and many more games than we did if we had a coach that was aggresive like Brown and liked to run the bases, which Alumbaugh wouldn't do because he was afraid if he got someone thrown out at home he wouldn't get a college job. Those 20 or so players that you are talking about that went on to play college ball were made in to college players mostly due to coach Brown's pitching, hitting and the amount of college scouts he brought into the games. Alumbaugh wouldn't even attempt to get scouts to come watch us.

I will definitely agree with you that Alumbaugh was not aggressive on the bases, but if you had seen this year you would have realized that Brown's coaching was too aggressive at times. They were stealing all the time, and sometimes it worked, but against better competition it got them in trouble quite often. Example A, the first Overton game that they lost in the district tourney. He had a kid steal when we were down by one run, the kid got picked, and they totally lost all momentum. And there are many other examples of that. A happy medium between the two coaches would have been nice, but I would rather give myself a chance to get a hit instead of having an out on the base-paths. Again, if you had been around the program this year you would probably not have the same opinion.