District 5 AA Tournament

bigclittleh

It isn't as if 5-AA is the only split district. 6-AA is also split. The decision was made for economical reasons, it had nothing to do with the competition in the divisions.

It was the brainchild of Triplett and Hart. They had a bunch of new coaches last year and got this voted in for 2 years. There was no advantage last year because Central and Polk were the 2 best teams. It was an advantage to Polk this year. If the district hadn't been split Polk would be a 3, 4, or 5 seed.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the brainchild of Triplett and Hart. They had a bunch of new coaches last year and got this voted in for 2 years. There was no advantage last year because Central and Polk were the 2 best teams. It was an advantage to Polk this year. If the district hadn't been split Polk would be a 3, 4, or 5 seed.

[/quo

In my opinion Polk is still the second best team in the district.

How do you figure this? Polk beat Meigs in their only game, swept Sweetwater, swept Tellico, split with Sequoyah(but held the run differential tie breaker),swept Tyner, swept Brainerd, split with Boyd (agian held the tiebreaker) and lost to McMinn Central in their only game. My calcuations says that equals SECOND. I would be interested to see how you came up with your bracket. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

How do you figure this? Polk beat Meigs in their only game, swept Sweetwater, swept Tellico, split with Sequoyah(but held the run differential tie breaker),swept Tyner, swept Brainerd, split with Boyd (agian held the tiebreaker) and lost to McMinn Central in their only game. My calcuations says that equals SECOND. I would be interested to see how you came up with your bracket. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

My opinion doesn't matter. Its just like football take Central out of the equation and no one else is very good.

Meigs beats Sweetwater tonight 2-0 to advance to play a best of 3 series with Polk.. That could get interesting.. Does Polk have enough pitching?? If it goes 3 games that favors Meigs IMO..

Boyd beat Sequoyah tonight 8-7 to advance to play Central in a best of 3 series.. Opens with a doubleheader at Central tomorrow starting at 4.. Boyd didnt impress me if they make 4 or 5 errorrs tomorrow like they did tonight it could get ugly in a hurry.. But guess we will see how everything stands after tomorrow.

Tennesseesporsfan,

you say take central out of the equation just like football and none of them are very good. Let me ask you just exactly how far did central go in football. Just as far as Polk 1 and done. That was the team that had a chance to win it all right.

Tennesseesporsfan,

you say take central out of the equation just like football and none of them are very good. Let me ask you just exactly how far did central go in football. Just as far as Polk 1 and done. That was the team that had a chance to win it all right.

This is a BASEBALL thread take your football stuff on somewhere else!!

Meigs beats Sweetwater tonight 2-0 to advance to play a best of 3 series with Polk.. That could get interesting.. Does Polk have enough pitching?? If it goes 3 games that favors Meigs IMO..

Boyd beat Sequoyah tonight 8-7 to advance to play Central in a best of 3 series.. Opens with a doubleheader at Central tomorrow starting at 4.. Boyd didnt impress me if they make 4 or 5 errorrs tomorrow like they did tonight it could get ugly in a hurry.. But guess we will see how everything stands after tomorrow.

Best of luck to Moses x 2 and JD at Central. Bring home the hardware boys!

Central and Polk had more wins during the regular season. They won when it counted. Everyone has a chance come tournament time because of the improvement during the season and injuries(hopefully no team has an injury). If you are unhappy about the tournament take it up with your coach and do something about it next year. Good Luck to all the teams.

Hey 6+4! Love the Blue Cool Aid!! That wasn't what I was told by three different coaches, but I was't there when it was decided so I can't swear for sure. Again didn't just hear that from Hart. Good luck to you folks and that nephew!

Coach Hart was just mad because Meigs and Sweetwater both fell into your side of the division! Do you believe everything he says? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Good luck to Central as well. BTW remind Travis he owes me a dollar!

Coach Hart was just mad because Meigs and Sweetwater both fell into your side of the division! Do you believe everything he says? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Good luck to Central as well. BTW remind Travis he owes me a dollar!

Well well well... Mcminn Central host Polk County for the Championship. Winner host 1st round region Loser travels..

Any predictions?

I'll take Central over Polk. That seems to be the trend in all sports the past few years. But I expect it will be a good game. Since I have been in this area these two teams have had a bunch of good games in all sports. What time and when is the game. Should be a good setting for high school baseball