Oak Ridge Job

HOOPSGURU

I have coached both. And obviously your comprehension skills are not so hot; I stated that certain things are tougher. The X's and O's are easier with girls, but its the other things that can be a headache.

Back to the point before this guy started running his suk.

Has anybody heard that Coach Narramore might be a candidate. I am going strictly on thought here, but I believe he has a good relationship with Jody Goins the VP at Oak Ridge. He is a young energetic coach, but not sure if he has the results at Loudon yet to get him a job like this.

I agree about narramore. He needs more time to prove he can be successful at the high school level.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although he has repeatedly denied any interest, I keep hearing that Scott Cupp from William Blount is high on OR's short list allegedly.

Oak Ridge would most certainly have to "sweeten the pot" considerably to lure Cupp away from his vast media fortune he draws from his football,basketball, and most certainly baseball broadcasting job.

Anyone else hearing Cupp's name bandied about? Or is it just me?

If I was in charge of Oak Ridge's coaching selection these would be the guys I would go after: Brian Jessie Union County, Tony Buell Carter, Raul Placeres Gatlinburg Pittman, Micah Marsh Alcoa, Rodney Nelson Ex Maryville Coach. Those five coaches are as good as they come in this area. You have major experience in Nelson and great developer of talent, Jessie,Marsh and Buell have been around for about 6 to 7 years and have done great jobs where they are at, and Placeres is young coach with a lot of potential who has a great basketball background.

All these guys I keep hearing about would be step below of Coach Norris. Spoke to guys close to Oak Ridge and they would love to have a coach who brings energy,passion, and a winning attitude to the program. I believe all five guys of these guys can do this.

Don't like the Marsh guy from Alcoa. Union County coach was up for the CAK job. I think he is staying put. Good team coming back. As for other three guys: Buell??? Placeres coach against us and I believe he has a good future ahead of him and Nelson heard of him but can't give an opinion

Although he has repeatedly denied any interest, I keep hearing that Scott Cupp from William Blount is high on OR's short list allegedly.

Oak Ridge would most certainly have to "sweeten the pot" considerably to lure Cupp away from his vast media fortune he draws from his football,basketball, and most certainly baseball broadcasting job.

Anyone else hearing Cupp's name bandied about? Or is it just me?

Nice try GovMan. First of all, I am on a few lists. But the short list for the ORHS vacancy is not one of them. I'm taking my 32-5 record to the grave with me. I couldn't handle a job like that for more than 2 hours. Too much time and stress for a laid-back guy like myself. Furthermore, no chance of getting back into any coaching as long as I have media jobs. Pays a lot more and work a lot less especially in the SUMMER!!!!

I agree about narramore. He needs more time to prove he can be successful at the high school level.

Just curious...who would you want to get the job? You don't think narramore or stewart are good enough. Yet you haven't named anyone that you like. Please remember that this is a high school job. Not a top 25 NCAA program that needs to be rebuilt. FYI Coach K, Roy Williams, and Rick Pitino have not applied. I think that Coach Jones would be a good fit. He is already on staff at OR.

Just curious...who would you want to get the job? You don't think narramore or stewart are good enough. Yet you haven't named anyone that you like. Please remember that this is a high school job. Not a top 25 NCAA program that needs to be rebuilt. FYI Coach K, Roy Williams, and Rick Pitino have not applied. I think that Coach Jones would be a good fit. He is already on staff at OR.

Im just saying that with the facilities and funding Oak Ridge has, added to their successful program, i would think they could make a bigger splash then that. By the way, if the only options for Oak Ridge are Coach K, Roy Williams, and Rick Pitino or Brian Stewart and Colt Narramore, I would say the Oak Ridge Wildacts will not be back in the region championship again this year. FYI.

Im just saying that with the facilities and funding Oak Ridge has, added to their successful program, i would think they could make a bigger splash then that. By the way, if the only options for Oak Ridge are Coach K, Roy Williams, and Rick Pitino or Brian Stewart and Colt Narramore, I would say the Oak Ridge Wildacts will not be back in the region championship again this year. FYI.

Oak Ridge got to get a great coach in there or the only splash they will see is at the bottle of the ocean. With the best talented not playing and some transfering this is a big move for the wildcats. I know coach Stewart is young and the kids would stay and come out.

HA HA! You get my point. I understand that OR wants to make a big splash but it is important for them to hire a coach that will be there longterm. That is why a young coach might be in their best interest. What do you think about Coach Jones?

Todd Wright has my vote, but I've got C-squared a close second.

You must be a member of the OS family? Is Wright interested in the job? He would be a tremendous fit.