Lenoir City Head Coach

That comment doesn't make much sense considering Rodney was at his last high school coaching job at Maryville for 24 years.

I guess your right, but I was referring to him maybe retiring at some point, he may stay for a while, i think he would be an excellent hire, probably puts them in the sub-state next year, as long as hood and powers are healthy

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be disappointing if he even interviews for the job. He told the parents and players when he was hired that he was interested in being at Seymour for a long time and looking forward to building a program. Their theme for the season was "Believe". Would be Seymour's 3rd coach in 3 years.

It will be 3 coaches in 4 years for the LC seniors of next year.

I'm not a LC Panther, I'm a Knoxville Panther! My kids go to Seymour and I am disappointed if he leaves mostly because he said he would be at Seymour for a while and I'm assuming that is one of the reasons he got the job. It would be nice to have some stability. He has at least brought a lot of energy to the program. If he leaves it wouldn't be surprising I guess since he stayed at Oneida, Anderson County, and Lenoir City 2-3 years max

That's what coach Wells did. 2 years eaton elementary, 2 years north middle, 2 years Loudon, 2 years LC, ? years CAK. When Wells was hired, Windle had know idea how long he would be at LC. Any assistant would want to get a head coaching job. Wells is a little older than Windle but not that much. He could have thought Wells would be there for a long time when the offer came. I don't blame him for trying to better himself especially if he was planning to get married but that doesn't mean he didn't like it at LC. It was a shame to loose him and I know Seymore would feel the same way if they lost him. He's a really good coach and I've seen him coach AAU girls teams and he's just good with kids. I feel your pain.

What about the coaches on staff there now ? Do they have a shot at the job?

I heard they wanted a coach with experience. Most assistants don't have much. I don't know where they came from. Rodney Nelson does have an impressive resume' but I've heard he has not been contacted yet so I don't know if he's even in the running.

Assistant coach at Maryville College 4 years, 2 year stents.

Maryville High School Coach 1982-2006

Carrier record"

JV- 56-20

Varsity- 446-276

District AAA=1 1st in school history

State Tournament 1992

Region Titles 1

Coach of the Year District 4 AAA-8 times and much much more. It's a shame if they don't even look at him. Wouldn't supprise me either but that's experience.

I also heard Windle was at the school but not sure about the interview. He was in town for the Robert Towne track meet. Could have just stopped by to say hello. Maybe, maybe not.

I heard they wanted a coach with experience. Most assistants don't have much. I don't know where they came from. Rodney Nelson does have an impressive resume' but I've heard he has not been contacted yet so I don't know if he's even in the running.

Assistant coach at Maryville College 4 years, 2 year stents.

Maryville High School Coach 1982-2006

Carrier record"

JV- 56-20

Varsity- 446-276

District AAA=1 1st in school history

State Tournament 1992

Region Titles 1

Coach of the Year District 4 AAA-8 times and much much more. It's a shame if they don't even look at him. Wouldn't supprise me either but that's experience.

I also heard Windle was at the school but not sure about the interview. He was in town for the Robert Towne track meet. Could have just stopped by to say hello. Maybe, maybe not.

How do you know his JV record? Thats weird

Also Imagine the pay-cut to go from Maryville to Lenoir City...need to keep that in mind..it would be substantial

What's the projected starting five at LC next year. Who else could contribute?

D Powers

C Mabry

J Hall (Incoming Freshman from North)

Probably T. Hood /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

5th to be named later.

The keys beside Hood of course are Dylan and newcomer J Hall (if he doesn't goto CAK), they can both fill it up from outside. Jordan is by far the best shooter coming out of middle school I have seen since D McElroy in the 90's, in fact I believe someone told me he set a new scoring record at North where McElroy also attended. I could see Jordan going to CAK since he is related to Coach Wells, and the fact he is an unbelievable Quarterback which makes CAK a much better choice for football reasons.

They are going to need one of the sophomores also to step up and contribute inside. The loss of Bobby will hurt LC on the glass.

D Powers

C Mabry

J Hall (Incoming Freshman from North)

Probably T. Hood /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

5th to be named later.

The keys beside Hood of course are Dylan and newcomer J Hall (if he doesn't goto CAK), they can both fill it up from outside. Jordan is by far the best shooter coming out of middle school I have seen since D McElroy in the 90's, in fact I believe someone told me he set a new scoring record at North where McElroy also attended. I could see Jordan going to CAK since he is related to Coach Wells, and the fact he is an unbelievable Quarterback which makes CAK a much better choice for football reasons.

They are going to need one of the sophomores also to step up and contribute inside. The loss of Bobby will hurt LC on the glass.

LC has 3 of 5 returning that started almost every game last year. Hood, Powers and Hilton. C Mabry is coming off a knee injury but Caleb, Hayden Park and Tyler Thomas will be in the mix to replace Bobby. Filling Bobby's shoes will be tough for any freshman at that position. Jordon may be able to step it up but there is a big difference from getting your shot off in middle school vs high school. Ask DP. He worked hard for two years getting better each year ball handling and at getting open. Jordon has a good size and his shooting ability will help a lot if he can get it off. I would not be suprised either if he follows coach Wells to CAK.

LC has 3 of 5 returning that started almost every game last year. Hood, Powers and Hilton. C Mabry is coming off a knee injury but Caleb, Hayden Park and Tyler Thomas will be in the mix to replace Bobby. Filling Bobby's shoes will be tough for any freshman at that position. Jordon may be able to step it up but there is a big difference from getting your shot off in middle school vs high school. Ask DP. He worked hard for two years getting better each year ball handling and at getting open. Jordon has a good size and his shooting ability will help a lot if he can get it off. I would not be suprised either if he follows coach Wells to CAK.

If I am not mistaken Jordan lit up LC's AAU 16 and under team for 20+ points. Oh yeah, Jordan's 14 and under AAu team dominated the LC 16U Team. In fact I remember an LC guy getting a "T-Bag Dunk Back" on his forehead by a 14 year old. J Hall will be taking Hilton's place more than likely in the starting rotation, and Thomas would be my pick also to step in for Bobby. Hall will get his shots off b/c you have to pick your poison. Hood with all aspects, then you key on him DP puts one your eye, you pressure DP and Hall puts one in your eye. I wouldn't want to be the team trying to stop that threesome. It might be a mute point though if Hall goes to CAK, then it will be just the dynamic duo to carry LC.

"T-Bag Dunk Back" is trademarked by Dyron "By God" Nix.

Starters

PG Jared Hilton

SG Dylan Powers

SF Mabry/Park Depends on how he feels

PF Tyler Thomas

C Tyer Hood

Bench

Dylan Moore Tucker Parkerson Billy Bearden Billy Ault Jordan Hall Javon Bair

not very big just Hood an Thomas they will have to have some young post play off the bench they lost Carpenter Bivens and Ault to graduation they all played post Ault and Carpenter were around 6ft 3 will be tough to replace there length around the rim and Bivens was a great on ball defender

I dont think Hall will get much playing time as a Freshman there's to much depth at guard but i do believe he should dress and play some minutes

and i wouldnt get to happy about killing the 16 and under team not very good at all