Lebanon at Coffee Co.

droppinbombs09

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coffee win 9 8 in 8 - someone from Coffee or Lebanon needs to describe the last inning - a little on the wild side

My bad guys, I got a little too carried away but heck I just couldn't help it. Jeremy Estill on second advance to third on a ball in the dirt. Catcher's throw skipped away from the third baseman into left field and estill got up and came home to score. Final 9-8. Good job guys.

Jeremy Estill was lead off for Coffee Co. in the 8th. I believe it went full count. Fouled several balls off. Hit ball between short and third. Short had to go to his right to field it, but had no shot at throwing Estill out. With Estill at first, Sam Davis sacrificed with a bunt and moved Estill to second. With one (or two) out(s) a low curve ball bounced to the catcher and scooted away from the catcher just a little. Estill broke for third and the catcher retrieved the ball and threw to third. It was a low throw and the ball skipped off to left field. Estill got up from his slide and hustled home to win the game 9-8.

Several players contributed for Coffee Co. (Sam Davis 2 run HR; William Myers diving catch in left) but Jeremy Estill was the difference. He almost willed Coffee Co. to the win. In the 7th with two bunt hits and no outs, the third batter of the inning bunted too. Estill hustled after the ball, bare handed it and fired to third for a bang bang out. He came in to relieve Bryson Davis in the 2nd inning and went the distance--calling his own game.

Coffee Co. seemed a little shell shocked at the start of the game but settled in nicely when Estill came in to pitch. The team seemed ready despite some distractions over the weekend. I thought the team was well prepared and Coaches Jones and Browning played good strategy and made good decisions during the game.

Lebanon was a tough team top to bottom. Coffee Co. was fortunate to be playing at home and get the win.

Great win Coffee Co. One win away from the state tourney. Keep battling.

Binns,

Were you at the game? I was sitting down third base line and it appeared that the home plate umpire had an obstruction call on the last play at the plate. Did you see him make that call or did I see something wrong? What association were they assigned from?

E5