Decker out at Dyersburg.....Who will be next coach?

burgman

According to the article ,Decker may have stayed had Dyersburg given her another coach like the other district teams have..You're right..a coach has to spend more time coaching ,going to camps..AAU ball for their players ..things like that to stay competitive..Even though Justin Blake and a couple more players transferred from Dyersburg to get the ball rolling,I believe AAU ball has really been the reason for Dyer Co's sucess..And is going to be the reason for Dyer Co to keep being successful..The AAU ball is helping Dyer Co in different ways..;;Dyer Co is getting excellent players from their feeder programs,Northview and Three Oaks..then they are having the luxury of having an AAU team with other star players from other schools..With Dyer Co winning..they are able to get those players..If Dyersburg,Crockett Co.,Ripley, and all the other area schools want to win..probably going to have to have AAU teams of their own..Some schools probably do..Coach McCord and Dyer Co are beniffiting from the AAU teams and open gym every night..If Cedric and Hudson didn't play with those players..not sure they would have transferred..I hear that the best player from Halls middle school is playing AAU ball with about 3 from Dyersburg and I believe 1 player from Ripley..I heard from a couple very good sources that the kid from Halls was going to Dyer Co next year..Heard his mother has already moved to Dyersburg..Take Cedric.. the Hudson kid.. maybe the player from Halls..not counting some more that may be thinking of coming and Dyer Co is really benifitting..Doesn't have to be any recruiting from any of the coaches..These kids play AAU ball..the gym is open to most everyone most every night ..a couple kids from Central..a couple from Lake Co..a couple from Halls and other schools come and play a lot of nights and see all the talent and the players saying..Man..Wish you would come here..We need a good shooter..that's all we need..or we need a big man about 6'5..We would be loaded..All of a sudden a star player from maybe a smaller school with not much talent around him with end up transferring..As long as AAU ball is around..just going to keep happening..Other schools had better get on board if they're not already..Dyer Co is only about 15 minutes away from a lot of the surrounding schools which helps them tremendously..A lot of people accuse Coach McCord of recruiting..He doesn't have to..Players want to come to Dyer Co..Maybe nothing a coach can do for an 8th grader going to Dyer Co..but if I were a coach..I'd have something at my school just about every night that's with in the rules and not let my players wander..Dyer Co is going to be a force in the next several seasons to come..Teams had better start doing the same thing and keep players at their schools or they'll continue to stay in the cellar or at least below Dyer Co every year..At least most schools in this area are in different districts and regions now so that will help some!

Kid from Halls is DC bound...already registered. Before anyone says the "R" word...I know his parents well...nephew has played baseball with him for years and nothing of the sort was involved...kid plays all 3 sports and his parents felt DC would be the best fit for him. They were at the DC baseball game last night... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kid from Halls is DC bound...already registered. Before anyone says the "R" word...I know his parents well...nephew has played baseball with him for years and nothing of the sort was involved...kid plays all 3 sports and his parents felt DC would be the best fit for him. They were at the DC baseball game last night... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

ad.....I saw Halls last year a couple of times....They didn't look to have anyone on that team that could even be JV for Dyer County..In basketball anyway....

ad.....I saw Halls last year a couple of times....They didn't look to have anyone on that team that could even be JV for Dyer County..In basketball anyway....

He is a good athlete...starts on AAU team. He plays all 3 sports.....seems like every time you blink your eyes he has grown an inch... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ...you know how it goes, only time will tell

He is a good athlete...starts on AAU team. He plays all 3 sports.....seems like every time you blink your eyes he has grown an inch... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ...you know how it goes, only time will tell

A couple people from Halls told me about him early last week..Said Dyer Co got another one..lol..I believe they said his Dad played at Halls ..wanted him to play for Halls but wasn't a Winston Jarret fan...I believe they call the kid Bubba..Both people say he can play....With Fred Yarbrough ,Hudson, and Cedarius only going to be sophomores..I believe Justin Williamson is going to be a junior..My son tells me Cranston Fisk is really coming on..Said he was slamming the other day pretty easily..Said Cody Grooss is really looking good..Put those players along with Little Hub and Justin Blake's brother ,Jamaal ,coming up from the Northview team and looks like if he wants to be guaranteed a starting job..maybe stayed at Halls..But if he wants a chance for a state title..Come to Dyer Co and maybe in a few years have a chance for playing time and maybe even start during his junior or senior years maybe.. Like you said..Only time will tell.!One thing for sure..Dyer Co looks to be loaded the next several seasons!

A couple people from Halls told me about him early last week..Said Dyer Co got another one..lol..I believe they said his Dad played at Halls ..wanted him to play for Halls but wasn't a Winston Jarret fan...I believe they call the kid Bubba..Both people say he can play....With Fred Yarbrough ,Hudson, and Cedarius only going to be sophomores..I believe Justin Williamson is going to be a junior..My son tells me Cranston Fisk is really coming on..Said he was slamming the other day pretty easily..Said Cody Grooss is really looking good..Put those players along with Little Hub and Justin Blake's brother ,Jamaal ,coming up from the Northview team and looks like if he wants to be guaranteed a starting job..maybe stayed at Halls..But if he wants a chance for a state title..Come to Dyer Co and maybe in a few years have a chance for playing time and maybe even start during his junior or senior years maybe.. Like you said..Only time will tell.!One thing for sure..Dyer Co looks to be loaded the next several seasons!

They better be talented this year more than any other on hope of reaching state in 3a. I see where memphis is very talented in the aau circuit. And most of the player that are doing well are from White Station, Melrose, tarik Black is having a really good summer from what i hear. I think that he is playing with either ridgeway or reigh eghpt. I think it is Ridgeway though. Triple a is a monster to get to state from west tennessee. I guess me and yankee are goin to have to scout out memphis this up coming season.lol. With Joe, Adouis, Tarik, Andre Hollis, and Mardakes(I butched this Name) Wade.

They better be talented this year more than any other on hope of reaching state in 3a. I see where memphis is very talented in the aau circuit. And most of the player that are doing well are from White Station, Melrose, tarik Black is having a really good summer from what i hear. I think that he is playing with either ridgeway or reigh eghpt. I think it is Ridgeway though. Triple a is a monster to get to state from west tennessee. I guess me and yankee are goin to have to scout out memphis this up coming season.lol. With Joe, Adouis, Tarik, Andre Hollis, and Mardakes(I butched this Name) Wade.

I thought maybe Yankee,Beavo or adsmom had chased you off from here..lol

I thought maybe Yankee,Beavo or adsmom had chased you off from here..lol

Naw....Bigster I will never get chased off by these Blogers that you just mention. I love conterversy to say the least. I've been busy with certain things like work and area basketball tournments that i attend. I has been a productive Spring from a basketball stand point. Lake County has a ton of talent coming up for the next ten year or so. And Haywood will have a state Championship team in the next 4 year. I've seen there jr. High and was impressed. They have some talent. Union City has a really tallented 5 and 6 grade team. That will be a battle between both of us. Lake County has a good prospect in the 5 or 6 grade that has some talented relatives in Thomas Whatt(mispelled). Thomas was a 6'6 to 6'7 guard that played his college ball at New Mexico St. And he favor Thomas alot. But bigster just hit me up anytime. I know that i will be at the lc tournment coming up in the next few weeks. It is posted under the aau part of coach t. So if you come down from the big newburn, I will be in attendance. See ya latter bigster.

Naw....Bigster I will never get chased off by these Blogers that you just mention. I love conterversy to say the least. I've been busy with certain things like work and area basketball tournments that i attend. I has been a productive Spring from a basketball stand point. Lake County has a ton of talent coming up for the next ten year or so. And Haywood will have a state Championship team in the next 4 year. I've seen there jr. High and was impressed. They have some talent. Union City has a really tallented 5 and 6 grade team. That will be a battle between both of us. Lake County has a good prospect in the 5 or 6 grade that has some talented relatives in Thomas Whatt(mispelled). Thomas was a 6'6 to 6'7 guard that played his college ball at New Mexico St. And he favor Thomas alot. But bigster just hit me up anytime. I know that i will be at the lc tournment coming up in the next few weeks. It is posted under the aau part of coach t. So if you come down from the big newburn, I will be in attendance. See ya latter bigster.

I remember Thomas Wyatt..Sister Vicky was a great player also..Maybe it's her son..I talked to their mother a couple days ago in Tiptonville..My son is playing baseball there this summer..I just saw on the football site that Quan Cambell may be out for Humboldt in both football and basketball for grades..Could just be a rumour..I'll see you around..How about the Dyer Co. Choctaw baseball team..l..You should post and send your congrats..Surprise Adsmom and Beavo..lol

why does every frikkin thread that has nothing to do with the subject somehow end up with...

"Dyer County"

"McCord"

"don't use the 'R' word"

"they just want to come here, we can't help it"

get a frikkin life, nobody cares, go post in the other 172 threads you have started patting yourself on the back and stay out of threads that have NOTHING to do with you

you guys need some serious help, like counseling or something

as for this topic, i hear Sisco may or may not have talked with Dyersburg

is this true?

I heard a certain legendary coach (back to back 5/6 year old YMCA championships) from one of the local small towns, who just got his degree from Online University, has been in contact with the Dburg Athletic Department.

It's unclear at this point who made contact first. However, the rumor going around is that both sides have come to an agreement on terms of a deal. The coach (who I'm not at liberty to say who he is at this time) has agreed in principal to make a two year commitment and bring stability to the Dburg basketball program. I'm told negotiations were intense and the coach not willing to go beyond two years was almost a deal breaker. In the end Dburg relented because the power brokers knew they would not be able to find a coach willing to go beyond a one year commitment. Plus, this coach is legendary in his own right..just on a MUCH smaller scale.

Another rumor going around is this coach was not willing to go beyond two years because because his dream job at a certain Junior High Scool might open up in two years.

Looks like an announcment could be coming soon.

As for the Sisco talk. Sisco actually entertained the thought of going to Dburg. But, after a week of soul searching came to his senses, realized he was with a proven winner at UC, and he just wouldn't feel right about leaving Dburg after only one season. Plus, he is in the midst of building a single A dynasty at UC.