SCHS-OSHS predictions

bigreid

Let's see if we can this Smith Co. and Oliver Springs thing back on the right track...Let's say all goes well on the trip up there! If the owls are able to get off the bus, this is what you can look for out of them!! NO running game- line don't block / backs are easy to tackle, NO passing game- QB's got a wet rag for an arm / nobody to catch the ball if he could get it to them, NO defense & the OWLS really don't care too much for hitting!! Not a very physical team at all. We, Carthage fans, just hope you all take it easy on us and don't run up the score. If we get real lucky, we might be able to break your shut-out streak! ( But that is Unlikely! ) Come On............

Smith Co. 27 Oliver Springs 7 :rolleyes:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by bigreid:

Let's see if we can this Smith Co. and Oliver Springs thing back on the right track...Let's say all goes well on the trip up there! If the owls are able to get off the bus, this is what you can look for out of them!! NO running game- line don't block / backs are easy to tackle, NO passing game- QB's got a wet rag for an arm / nobody to catch the ball if he could get it to them, NO defense & the OWLS really don't care too much for hitting!! Not a very physical team at all. We, Carthage fans, just hope you all take it easy on us and don't run up the score. If we get real lucky, we might be able to break your shut-out streak! ( But that is Unlikely! ) Come On............

Smith Co. 27 Oliver Springs 7 :rolleyes:

It should be a very good game to see. Both are big and physical with good skill people. I don't know if OS has a running back as good as Kyle was last year. If they do, it will be a barnburner. SC has virtually the same team back with more experience. :)

OS 24 Smith County 14

OS beats a top notch AAA team at DJ Britian Field in Oliver SPrings in convincing fashion on Friday Night. OS Quarterback Whalen will be the difference. Antwan, you are way out in left field on your points on OS Quarterback Whalen and receiving. OS will have a decisive edge on specila teams as all Frank Johnsons teams usually do. Whalen might be the best athlete on field and his passing looked SHARP last week throwing for over 100 yards to multiple receivers. OS defense has yet to be scored on and Looks dominating. I dont think SC can score more than 2 touchdowns on OS defense. I will give them that, but OS will win field position on kickoffs and punts, and the offense will be solid scoring 24 points.

OS 24 SC 14... OS is a top 5 AA team..... doubters will become believers soon..

OS 91 mentioned special teams and they will be key. Conrad need to get his kickoffs in the end zone because Smith County's Shawn Ward has great speed. Last year, he returned a kick for six against the Bobcats and I think he took one the distance last week against Jackson County. OS's Whalen should have a good game also. He threw for 128 yards last year and he is a year better now.

Posted by OS91:

OS 24 Smith County 14

OS beats a top notch AAA team at DJ Britian Field in Oliver SPrings in convincing fashion on Friday Night. OS Quarterback Whalen will be the difference. Antwan, you are way out in left field on your points on OS Quarterback Whalen and receiving. OS will have a decisive edge on specila teams as all Frank Johnsons teams usually do. Whalen might be the best athlete on field and his passing looked SHARP last week throwing for over 100 yards to multiple receivers. OS defense has yet to be scored on and Looks dominating. I dont think SC can score more than 2 touchdowns on OS defense. I will give them that, but OS will win field position on kickoffs and punts, and the offense will be solid scoring 24 points.

OS 24 SC 14... OS is a top 5 AA team..... doubters will become believers soon..

I didn't say anything about OS's passing game. I expect they will try to pass as they did last year. Kyle was the difference last year along with SC fumbling on their own 2.

Kyle broke 3 long runs which put OS in good field position. All 3 times he was hit by more than one tackler that didn't wrap him up in the 1st half. He was a very elusive and tough back. There is no way OS will score 24. You won't be able to stop Ward. If SC takes care of the ball, they are hard to stop. As far as special teams, SC has improved greatly since last year. I think they will hold their own in that department too.

Sorry for getting off the subject in the other thread, but I think O.S. will win by 7-10 pts. The Bobcats beat a struggling Harriman team (0-10 last year) by 38 points and a decent Lenoir City (Class 3A) school who made the playoffs last year. But Lenoir City (6-5 last year) only returns 4 starters on offense, and 5 on defense. Also, O.S. scrimmaged the 4A Clinton Dragons earlier and stayed within a touchdown. Oliver Springs is hard to beat at home, and their fans are brutal. I saw them once last year, and they had Sweetwater on the ropes but let it slip away.

Oliver Springs 27

Smith County 20

[Edited by orangenblack on 9-10-02 2:56P]

[Edited by orangenblack on 9-10-02 5:24P]