William Blount Football Coach

etcoach

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the outside looking in, it does not seem to be taking them any longer than it takes any other school. They began interviews last week on Monday. That has been 9 days ago. I am sure they feel as though they need to "hurry" so they can get one hired before school is out, but, quite honestly, would you rather the school rush and just get "a coach to have a coach" or would you rather them make sure they feel that they have done what is best for the players and their parents. Too many times schools get in a hurry and marry the first blonde available. How about at least dating a week or two to try to lower your chances of a divorce down the road. Look at Oak Ridge and their basketball situation. They have been looking for a coach for over 2 weeks and they are getting ready to go to camp in 2 weeks. Are they going to panic and hire just anyone? No...they are trying to make sure they choose correctly. WB needs to make sure and get somone that they want not someone that they "had to take" because of timing. They may still choose a dud...you never know, but at least they are taking it seriously. So all of you guys that are a bit anxious.....relax a bit and see what happens.

Looks to me that a lot of people on this board claiming to be close to the Committee members are just full of hot air and know nothing more than me or anyone else on the new coach or when he will be hired. Give them time and I am sure they will make a good decision. I do think that if Gregory was their first choice they would have announced the hire by now. Must be someone on the outside.

Looks to me that a lot of people on this board claiming to be close to the Committee members are just full of hot air and know nothing more than me or anyone else on the new coach or when he will be hired. Give them time and I am sure they will make a good decision. I do think that if Gregory was their first choice they would have announced the hire by now. Must be someone on the outside.

The name has already been mentioned on this thread. I'm not sure why you and another think it is going to be some big shock. Especially since the guy has already been in our school and so have others on his staff. If they think us players don't know they're crazy. Just get it done already so we can be ready to go with practice soon.

I am sure that well know more in the morning There will be no shock///The only shock there will be is the fact they finally decide.

You make it sound as though they are having trouble deciding. From the two committee members that I have talked with, there has been NO TROUBLE DECIDING from the committee standpoint. The committee has been unanimously in favor of one candidate since the interviews were over. None of them would give me a name, however. The problem seems to be from the other end from what I can gather and yes I do agree I have heard Thursday is the day of reckoning.