William Blount Football Coach

etcoach

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what you will like about coach is he's a stand up guy.you ask him a question you get an answer,whether a player or parent he'll shoot you straight. i think you folks will be pleasantly suprised.monroe countys loss is blount countys gain.

I think Gregory will do a good job. I understand he has a daughter in middle school and he wants her to have a place to call home during her teenage years. If this is true then he should be here for a while. Hopefully the revolving door will stop for a few years and the coaching staff will settle out. There are several good coaches currently on staff that have been loyal to the program. Hopefully everything will fall into place and the players, coaches and fans can get back to getting ready for next season. There is alot of talent in the returning group. They had a junior heavy starting line-up last year so I am very optimistic about this season....

tpoole12

GO GOVS

There are several good coaches currently on staff that have been loyal to the program

Tpoole - Who are those good coaches that are there that Coach Gregory has to work with? The only experienced ones have shown a propensity to play "cut throat" when they get their feelings hurt or they don't get a title that makes them important. I hope Coach Gregory has the leadership skills and a Plan B to handle them and put them in their place, should they play what they played last season. I wish him the best, but advize him to beware of the Judas that may be around him. GO GOVS

There are several good coaches currently on staff that have been loyal to the program

Tpoole - Who are those good coaches that are there that Coach Gregory has to work with? The only experienced ones have shown a propensity to play "cut throat" when they get their feelings hurt or they don't get a title that makes them important. I hope Coach Gregory has the leadership skills and a Plan B to handle them and put them in their place, should they play what they played last season. I wish him the best, but advize him to beware of the Judas that may be around him. GO GOVS

To answer some of the above questions. He will run the double wing, some no huddle, with midline, veer, buck sweep, counters, fullback trap,shovel pass and great play action. Out of the gun more option and dart, with the Tony Franklin, pass game. Very very difficult offense to defend. He will have very up tempo practices, planned down to the minute. He will play the best kid period. That doesn't mean the most athletic, but the ones that do the correct things, weight room, assignments, reps, school, community etc. It will be a level playing field for "everyone" no exceptions. The kids will love him. He will earn there respect not just demand it, big difference. He is a straight shooter, will tell you the truth never make any mistake about that. Parents he will tell you in a nice respectful way about little Johnny but want sugar coat it. If the administration and I have no reason to think otherwise will be honest and straight forward with him you will have a coach for a long long time. He will not tolerate being mislead or lied too. He is a man of his word and will always do the right thing for the kids. He may not be able to accomadte your desires but you can always rest assured he will do what is best for the good of the whole. Know this "if" there are Judas in the ranks Gregory will deal with them in a fair but swift fashion. BTW for those of you that may be disappointed that Fits was not hired...... He tried to hire Gregory himself a couple of years ago! Be very excited WB you got one heck of a coach make no mistake about that, but as I have stated before what you should be even more excited about is that he is even a better man. He makes those that are willing to follow better people, what more could you ever hope to want for. GO GOVS!!!!!!!

Well put DAVE. I couldn't have said it better myself. Coach Gregory will serve as a great leader and role model for the young men at William Blount. He will also be a great mentor and teacher to the coaches he works with. I know that he and his family will be glad to be back in east Tennessee. I just hope that the fans of WB football are not expecting to see the football thrown around the field and huge numbers being put on the score board. Coach Gregory's double wing offense will be very ball control-oriented and he will have his boys out-work and out-execute each team they play. Congratulations to Coach Gregory! There is no one who works as hard as this man, nor is there anyone that I would rather see have another chance as a head football coach. Good luck Coach and WB Governors.

RG61 and Dr Dave,

It's encouraging to me, as a Governor supporter, to hear your strong support for Coach Gregory. I look forward to getting to meet him and his family. TPoole is right about this team having some potential THIS YEAR ... a lot of people have written them off after last year's disappointing season and that's okay. Flying under the radar might be a good place to be in the region they are in.

TPoole, I also agree with you that Coach Gregory will inherit some good coaches on his staff. Not just good coaches, but quality men.

Dr. Dave ... you seem to be pretty familiar with Coach Gregory's style ... please tell me it won't just be a "three yards and a cloud of dust" type offense!?

RG61 and Dr Dave,

It's encouraging to me, as a Governor supporter, to hear your strong support for Coach Gregory. I look forward to getting to meet him and his family. TPoole is right about this team having some potential THIS YEAR ... a lot of people have written them off after last year's disappointing season and that's okay. Flying under the radar might be a good place to be in the region they are in.

TPoole, I also agree with you that Coach Gregory will inherit some good coaches on his staff. Not just good coaches, but quality men.

Very well said and I couldn't agree more. Go Govs!

It looks like WB has finally moved on from the "drama" filled coaches. Less drama and more stability in the leadership role should mean better football.....less invasive parents....and happier kids. I hope it works out. Best of luck to the WB family.

As the voice of the Governors on the radio side of things, I would like to welcome Coach Gregory to William Blount. I will admit I was one of those on the committee who had voted for Coach Fitzgerald. However, Coach Fitzgerald did not come. Therefore I am moving on and will support Coach Gregory and his staff. I hope they have a great summer and Coach G.....I have just contracted you to mandatory post-game interviews after all games next season up in the booth. Unfortunately, though, you don't get paid for it. Maybe we'll save you some food. Oh wait...it depends if Jimmy and CJ are present.