William Blount Football Coach

etcoach

No intimidation there. We just laughed at him. How can a grown man have that much hatred for an opponent of 9-12 year olds. He is not a very good role model for that age of kids IMHO.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not exactly the facts. I was associated with the team and the color change was discussed for two years. The reason the change was made was to get under the skin of the Maryville teams in the programs because kids were being told that they had to play for the Maryville teams if they wanted to play for the Rebels one day. So they made the change to associate themselves with the city programs, not because of Meadows.

Kids have never been told by "anyone who matters" that they had to play for the Maryville teams if they wanted to be a Rebel. GQ & Co. could care less where the Rebel players played their youth ball. (Aaron Douglas, Brent Burnette, Tyler Clendenen, Tank Baker, Thomas Shuler, Luke Cox, Tucker Munns, just to name a recent few who didn't play youth ball for Maryville teams..and the list is very long) Some Parents and some other coaches just spew such garbage about the Maryville youth teams.

No intimidation there. We just laughed at him. How can a grown man have that much hatred for an opponent of 9-12 year olds. He is not a very good role model for that age of kids IMHO.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Raiders color change??????Answer..... Meadows ran the Midget team off WB practice field oneday while they were practicing ! Upset alot of parents especially the coach ! Next year changed the team colors to Red / Black to make a statement.....true story

What ever happened to the Fairview Panthers and the bean supper/scrimmage between the Maryville Bears/Cubs at Monte Vista? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Back at the infamous 2007 Maryville/WB game I walked past a guy and some kids as I was trying to find a place to stand. They had on their jerseys (green I think, whoever that is) and the guy was lecturing them that they should never cheer for Maryville because those jerseys were for boys who would play at William Blount some day.

I don't know how that relates to this, I've just been meaning to tell that story for 2 years now and always forget. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Back at the infamous 2007 Maryville/WB game I walked past a guy and some kids as I was trying to find a place to stand. They had on their jerseys (green I think, whoever that is) and the guy was lecturing them that they should never cheer for Maryville because those jerseys were for boys who would play at William Blount some day.

I don't know how that relates to this, I've just been meaning to tell that story for 2 years now and always forget. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Probably Lanier. Nothing like teaching them to be haters at an early age.

Chicken might be close Stars ... but I guarantee you there ain't no place that's gonna beat Dubb's country fried steak and gravy with a side of mashed potatoes (with gravy) and a side of green beans (with a chunk of fat back) and a couple of them rolls and an ice cold glass of Mayfields. Top that off with a piece of chocolate pie and I think we can begin to get a small taste of what Heaven is gonna be like someday.

All thiz recrutin talk haz maid me hungree.....Gov-Man ewe know how big a deel evurbody makes abowt eatin' vege burgurs....Well that aint nuthin knew.....Down at tha 'Wick we had so minny soybeens in our burgers that eye thawt we wuz eatin' peenut brittle burgurs....We wuz eatin' vege burgurs...when'st vege burgurs wood'unt kool..... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

All thiz recrutin talk haz maid me hungree.....Gov-Man ewe know how big a deel evurbody makes abowt eatin' vege burgurs....Well that aint nuthin knew.....Down at tha 'Wick we had so minny soybeens in our burgers that eye thawt we wuz eatin' peenut brittle burgurs....We wuz eatin' vege burgurs...when'st vege burgurs wood'unt kool..... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'm with you stars. We had those "high soybean content" burgers at Bungalow as well. And you know where else the little lady and I used to love to get a burger? Burgers that were somewhat reminiscent of those "veggie burgers'? Kays Ice Cream ... that's where. The "Big K" was delicious, and it definitely had a hint of soybean in it.

And Solomon, we do have "haters" I'm afraid. But as I often point out, everyone does. I sat at a basketball game a few years back and heard a teacher/coach from Maryville Middle pontificate on how he wished Maryville could become a charter school so they could be more selective of their student body and then they could send the lower socio-economic kids and the less intelligent kids to the county schools. Unfortunately, there are people who fit our stereotypes at both schools.

As far as uniform colors for midget teams, guys, I know the Little Rebs wear red/black ... how about the Bears? What are their colors?

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

APB....Home sweet Home!!!.......... Iz that Corvair Storie's portabull klassroom on tha left????????......../flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I'm with you stars. We had those "high soybean content" burgers at Bungalow as well. And you know where else the little lady and I used to love to get a burger? Burgers that were somewhat reminiscent of those "veggie burgers'? Kays Ice Cream ... that's where. The "Big K" was delicious, and it definitely had a hint of soybean in it.

And Solomon, we do have "haters" I'm afraid. But as I often point out, everyone does. I sat at a basketball game a few years back and heard a teacher/coach from Maryville Middle pontificate on how he wished Maryville could become a charter school so they could be more selective of their student body and then they could send the lower socio-economic kids and the less intelligent kids to the county schools. Unfortunately, there are people who fit our stereotypes at both schools.

As far as uniform colors for midget teams, guys, I know the Little Rebs wear red/black ... how about the Bears? What are their colors?

Did you use that big word there to make yourself look smart? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't doubt that at all. Been around the education system somehow most of my life. Seen all types of people involved with it. I just thought it was funny that night. This guy had to be 60 lecturing a bunch of 8-10 year olds.

ohhhh....come on now Govman. Lower socio economic and less intelligent? Are you sure that's what was said or is that what you wanted to hear? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> You are right....there are haters everywhere.