William Blount Football Coach

etcoach

as any coach will tell you hard times weed out the ones you dont want anyways. if transfering gets you a scholarship then great, but in daltons case lack of size will hold him back not having a steady coach is not the reason. he is going to do great things at ahs,rankin just got another great player, g/l dalton your future is bright

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dalton's a great kid who I've loved for many years. I hope he goes over to Alcoa and does well and finishes off a great high school career and then is able to continue playing at the next level. I know I speak for many, many at WB who hate to see him leave. He will leave a huge hole to fill for the Gov's this season and next.

As a Alcoa fan....we luv to have all the kids .... however, how can he transfer and not sit out for one year? Family willing to move?

as any coach will tell you hard times weed out the ones you dont want anyways. if transfering gets you a scholarship then great, but in daltons case lack of size will hold him back not having a steady coach is not the reason. he is going to do great things at ahs,rankin just got another great player, g/l dalton your future is bright

Wish him luck but says a lot of his character to bail on his teamates. This type of lack of committment is what WB is hopefully going to be getting rid of. How is summer workouts going and any news on how the new coach is doing.

Wish him luck but says a lot of his character to bail on his teamates. This type of lack of committment is what WB is hopefully going to be getting rid of. How is summer workouts going and any news on how the new coach is doing.

Shows a lot about yours to get on here and criticize him for it....anomyously I might add.

Shows a lot about yours to get on here and criticize him for it....anomyously I might add.

You get on here with your exagerated 2 year old stories and talking about temper tantrums etc. etc. Often times not making any sense. Anomyously I might add. Well lets take a look at the situation.

You have a young man transferring to a rival school and giving up on his WB teammates. Now the question is why is he transferring? to better his chances?

The obvious answer would be yes. So I ask you is that lack of committment to the WB program? In my opinion I believe it is. I cannot knock the kid for trying to better his situation but it is still lack of committment.

Now another question arises. If a kid transfers to another school to better his situation and for all intensive purposes turning his back on his former teammates is that a display of strong character?

I would say no. Therefore I wished him the best and portrayed my hope that WB will eventually weed out the uncommitted and build a strong program. To build a strong program the players have to be committed to the TEAM and not what is better for them. I would bet that Maryville has players that are committed to the team and that is why they are so good.

So I ask you Mr. Solomon have you ever been on a football team before? And if you have what if one of your teammates transferred to a rival school when the going got a little tough?

Yes, it does say alot about his character - that he had to mature pretty fast to make the decision to leave his teammates and pursue his goals. As I've said before this was the hardest decision that he has ever made and he has spoke to his teammates and all of them have been supportive and understanding. Dalton has made this move without criticizing WB because he respects and admires his teammates and still loves WB. I am very proud that he was able to make a hard decision and not do just what he wanted to do, which was stay with his friends but to do what he needed to do which is to look at his future and try to achieve his goals. And I'm even more proud of him for the maturity and good character he has shown through it all. I am very hopeful that Coach Gregory will turn the WB football program around from the disaster of last year and the lack of leadership since then and I wish the very best for all the players and staff in the upcoming year. I'm also hoping that Dalton will receive the same support.

I hope Dalton does well. Why do you not think he could achieve those same goals at WB? Was it the new system? Coaching change? Will he be eligible or have to set out a year? Again I wish him and all kids the best but I also hope that you can see my point as well. I support the program not one player. I don't know these kids personally but I pray for them daily and hope all goes well.

You get on here with your exagerated 2 year old stories and talking about temper tantrums etc. etc. Often times not making any sense. Anomyously I might add. Well lets take a look at the situation.

You have a young man transferring to a rival school and giving up on his WB teammates. Now the question is why is he transferring? to better his chances?

The obvious answer would be yes. So I ask you is that lack of committment to the WB program? In my opinion I believe it is. I cannot knock the kid for trying to better his situation but it is still lack of committment.

Now another question arises. If a kid transfers to another school to better his situation and for all intensive purposes turning his back on his former teammates is that a display of strong character?

I would say no. Therefore I wished him the best and portrayed my hope that WB will eventually weed out the uncommitted and build a strong program. To build a strong program the players have to be committed to the TEAM and not what is better for them. I would bet that Maryville has players that are committed to the team and that is why they are so good.

So I ask you Mr. Solomon have you ever been on a football team before? And if you have what if one of your teammates transferred to a rival school when the going got a little tough?

First - several, if not most of the Blount Co. posters here know who I am. If you want to know, hand CoachT $24 bucks, get a plus membership, use the PM feature, and I'll be glad to tell you.

Second - I guess you just won't believe me as to what happened that night (not that I will lose one second of sleep ebcause of it). Since you apparently have a reading comprehension problem, at the end of that post I also said I didn't have any reason for posting it other than I thought it was funny and I got a good laugh out of it.

Third - Actually, yes, I have been on a football team before. And yes, one of our teammates transferred to a rival school. And no, I really never questioned his character because it was best for all parties involved.

First - several, if not most of the Blount Co. posters here know who I am. If you want to know, hand CoachT $24 bucks, get a plus membership, use the PM feature, and I'll be glad to tell you.

Second - I guess you just won't believe me as to what happened that night (not that I will lose one second of sleep ebcause of it). Since you apparently have a reading comprehension problem, at the end of that post I also said I didn't have any reason for posting it other than I thought it was funny and I got a good laugh out of it.

Third - Actually, yes, I have been on a football team before. And yes, one of our teammates transferred to a rival school. And no, I really never questioned his character because it was best for all parties involved.

Just curious. If this player was good then how could it be best for your team to have lost a talented player? In other words how did it help you school build a program by losing a talented athlete?

If a kid transfers to another school to better his situation and for all intensive purposes turning his back on his former teammates is that a display of strong character?

I'm usually not one to correct, but I think the saying is "for all intents and purposes." /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

If you want, I can be more pacific (specific). /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Just curious. If this player was good then how could it be best for your team to have lost a talented player? In other words how did it help you school build a program by losing a talented athlete?

The player was a running back/linebacker who was at best going to split time with other people because we were fairly deep at those positions. He wasn't the most talented in the world but was a solid high school player. He went on to be able to play and become an all-region player at a smaller school.

However, I didn't realize this was a discussion about talent level. You are completely changing the argument. This is about a player's character (or lack thereof) because he has chosen to transfer schools, not the caliber of player in question.

So I ask you this - if it was a weaker player who was transferring now - would his character also be in question? It is seeming more and more to me the only reason you care is because this is a player who would have a substantial impact on the field.

The player was a running back/linebacker who was at best going to split time with other people because we were fairly deep at those positions. He wasn't the most talented in the world but was a solid high school player. He went on to be able to play and become an all-region player at a smaller school.

However, I didn't realize this was a discussion about talent level. You are completely changing the argument. This is about a player's character (or lack thereof) because he has chosen to transfer schools, not the caliber of player in question.

So I ask you this - if it was a weaker player who was transferring now - would his character also be in question? It is seeming more and more to me the only reason you care is because this is a player who would have a substantial impact on the field.

So he was doing best for himself and not the team. he was committed to himself and not the team. To me in my opinion that is giving up on your team and teammates. i don't care if you are a star or bench warmer. You still are part of a team

So he was doing best for himself and not the team. he was committed to himself and not the team. To me in my opinion that is giving up on your team and teammates. i don't care if you are a star or bench warmer. You still are part of a team

So if a player at Alcoa or Maryville saw he wasn't going to get much PT and transferred to WB to play, would you let it be known you would not want him on the roster because he was looking out for himself first?

Side question - do you worked at the same job you first started? Have you ever left a job to go elsewhere? I think your new coach was somewhere else before he came to WB wasn't he, even as an assistant? Would you go so far as to call your new coach a low character person because he left one team to coach at another? Coaches are part of the team concept as well. Have all of the coaches at William Blount coached there since they first became a coach or have any left another team to coach there?