William Blount Football Coach

etcoach

I'm usually not one to correct, but I think the saying is "for all intents and purposes." /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

If you want, I can be more pacific (specific). /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Thair ewe go agin RR......Actin' all smart and brangin 'up oshuns....when we's iz tryin two talk futbawl.... /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would bet that Maryville has players that are committed to the team and that is why they are so good.

Yore rite pride22....we've got suvrull that are committed....but untill thay taik thair vizit weekend and we sign 'em ..hit aint much good...... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

solly if a kid isnt getting pt then the team has given up on him,and i cant blame him but in this case he is a starter and possible all region player

Willie -

I'm not saying I wouldn't be disappointed/hurt if I was a WB fan and a player left as good as Dalton has been advertised to be because I would be.

The only thing I have been saying is that I don't like questioning a kid's character because of a decision like this. I've got a problem with that, and I don't care who the player is and what team he plays for. My questions were pointed directly as pride22 given his statement about what is and isn't a definition of character.

Willie -

I'm not saying I wouldn't be disappointed/hurt if I was a WB fan and a player left as good as Dalton has been advertised to be because I would be.

The only thing I have been saying is that I don't like questioning a kid's character because of a decision like this. I've got a problem with that, and I don't care who the player is and what team he plays for. My questions were pointed directly as pride22 given his statement about what is and isn't a definition of character.

Solomon,

I've got a problem and need your help. I'm dealing with these two women who have this baby and both of them are claiming that the child belongs to them. Any idea how I can figure out who the real mother might be?

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> You're a wise man, my friend.

Solomon,

I've got a problem and need your help. I'm dealing with these two women who have this baby and both of them are claiming that the child belongs to them. Any idea how I can figure out who the real mother might be?

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> You're a wise man, my friend.

Gov-Man eye runned intwo a nice gurl naimed Gov-Gurl last nite.....She iz smart like her momma....And purty and can hep ewe eye'm shore..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Solomon,

Well, I'd probably go down to the Family Life area into an unnamed person's office and see if in the midst of all that stuff you could find something to cut that kid in half with. If one of the women starts cryin' and saying let the other have it, there's your winner.

Or, to avoid every talk show in America showing up for what would be considered "inhumane" actions, I might also suggest DNA testing, just to be safe. I hear it's pretty reliable nowadays. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

QUOTE (LoveLadyGovs @ Jun 17 2009 - 09:41 AM)

No problem with the new coach. The problem lies with 3 head coaches in 2 years and a very unsteady football program. Good athletes are molded by good leadership and high expectations. We are still WB fans, but Dalton had to set his priorities and do what was best for his future. His dream is to play college football and his chances of doing that by playing his last 2 years of high school football at WB was not very good given the rollercoaster ride over the last 2 years. I'm hopeful that everyone will see that this was not a personal assault on any particular person it was just what was best for Dalton to help him mature and become a better person and player and it was a very hard and difficult decision. His best friends are WB football players and students and that is not going to change. We wish the best of luck for the new coach and I hope this is the beginning to a new era for the WB Football Program.

LLG

I don't know what happened to the original post. It seems to have been deleted. You know who I am and I wish Dalton the best but if I can understand the TSSAA rule book , Dalton may be in a "situation" .

I hope everything works out for him. I'm pretty sure he would have got alot of playing time this year at WB. I'm not sure he will get any varsity playing time elsewhere.......

Good Luck

tpoole12

Yore rite pride22....we've got suvrull that are committed....but untill thay taik thair vizit weekend and we sign 'em ..hit aint much good...... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I meant committed to the program and no matter what happens they don't leave or quit. I wasn't referring to recruiting.

So if a player at Alcoa or Maryville saw he wasn't going to get much PT and transferred to WB to play, would you let it be known you would not want him on the roster because he was looking out for himself first?

Side question - do you worked at the same job you first started? Have you ever left a job to go elsewhere? I think your new coach was somewhere else before he came to WB wasn't he, even as an assistant? Would you go so far as to call your new coach a low character person because he left one team to coach at another? Coaches are part of the team concept as well. Have all of the coaches at William Blount coached there since they first became a coach or have any left another team to coach there?

I don't think you can compare a high school player to coaches. Coaches are getting paid and have families to look out for so obviously they have more to consider than themselves. I do believe that if a coach leaves late in the year which hurts the schools chances of getting another coach then it shows poor character for putting the school and more importantly those players that he supposedly cared about in what could be a no win situation the following year. You seem to have a problem with the character word so maybe I should have used the word selfish. Would that be better?

I will say that the only coaches I never really had an issue with were TIM POOLE & RICK YOUNG , they always gave my boys a fair shake and treated them well.

Thanks GREYRIDER...

Hope you and the boys are doing well..

I'm sure there are some who had an issue with me somewhere along the line, but I hope that I never had a negative impact on any young player. Coaches in the youth leagues are always in between a "rock and a hard spot".

They work many hours. They try to teach the game of football and life to players but in the end the players teach us alot more. I would like to thank the parents of all the kids that you let play for us. Although I no longer am a part of youth sports, I have many years left to watch our former players perform on the field and hope I somehow helped them to be better players and people..

tpoole12

I don't think you can compare a high school player to coaches. Coaches are getting paid and have families to look out for so obviously they have more to consider than themselves. I do believe that if a coach leaves late in the year which hurts the schools chances of getting another coach then it shows poor character for putting the school and more importantly those players that he supposedly cared about in what could be a no win situation the following year. You seem to have a problem with the character word so maybe I should have used the word selfish. Would that be better?

You are backtracking in a hurry aren't you?

And you never answered my other question - are you willing to call any player who transfers to WB for playing time a low-character or selfish kid?

FYI - Selfishness would be a character trait, so it's pretty much the same to me.