William Blount Football Coach

etcoach

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the best of my knowledge ( qualifier) , the color change was made for several reasons. It had been talked about for a couple of years before it was done. It was also done to get under the skin of the "MARYVILLE" PEOPLE. It did not bother us at all seeing as my kids & I are MARYVILLE PEOPLE. Meadows did show his @$$ that day he ran the Raiders off the field ( which was really just a pasture) and this is part and parcel of why the program out there struggles for one reason or another. I will say that I always made it a point to wear my RED / BLACK when we were at practices / games because it got under their skin. It was always trash talking & bad mouthing toward MARYVILLE . And there were always several MARYVILLE boys on the teams , it was just my way of letting them know that we did not care what they thought. I will say that the only coaches I never really had an issue with were TIM POOLE & RICK YOUNG , they always gave my boys a fair shake and treated them well.

And Solomon, we do have "haters" I'm afraid. But as I often point out, everyone does. I sat at a basketball game a few years back and heard a teacher/coach from Maryville Middle pontificate on how he wished Maryville could become a charter school so they could be more selective of their student body and then they could send the lower socio-economic kids and the less intelligent kids to the county schools. Unfortunately, there are people who fit our stereotypes at both schools.

As far as uniform colors for midget teams, guys, I know the Little Rebs wear red/black ... how about the Bears? What are their colors?

ohhhh....come on now Govman. Lower socio economic and less intelligent? Are you sure that's what was said or is that what you wanted to hear? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> You are right....there are haters everywhere.

No exageration on this one ML. You could probably guess who said it if you think about it long enough. And I did not share that story to take a shot at my Maryville friends. I don't hate Maryville ... but as a long time William Blount supporter, I do want to beat them when we play them in anything. I would hope you guys feel the same.

To the best of my knowledge ( qualifier) , the color change was made for several reasons. It had been talked about for a couple of years before it was done. It was also done to get under the skin of the "MARYVILLE" PEOPLE. It did not bother us at all seeing as my kids & I are MARYVILLE PEOPLE. Meadows did show his @$$ that day he ran the Raiders off the field ( which was really just a pasture) and this is part and parcel of why the program out there struggles for one reason or another. I will say that I always made it a point to wear my RED / BLACK when we were at practices / games because it got under their skin. It was always trash talking & bad mouthing toward MARYVILLE . And there were always several MARYVILLE boys on the teams , it was just my way of letting them know that we did not care what they thought. I will say that the only coaches I never really had an issue with were TIM POOLE & RICK YOUNG , they always gave my boys a fair shake and treated them well.

Ut oh..Greyrider. You kids played at Fairview? They now have no chance to play at Maryville High School because you know that you have to play for one of the Maryville youth programs in order to ever play at MHS. They can't just play for the Maryville "look alike" youth football team. (The MHS Rebels know the difference).

No problem with the new coach. The problem lies with 3 head coaches in 2 years and a very unsteady football program. Good athletes are molded by good leadership and high expectations. We are still WB fans, but Dalton had to set his priorities and do what was best for his future. His dream is to play college football and his chances of doing that by playing his last 2 years of high school football at WB was not very good given the rollercoaster ride over the last 2 years. I'm hopeful that everyone will see that this was not a personal assault on any particular person it was just what was best for Dalton to help him mature and become a better person and player and it was a very hard and difficult decision. His best friends are WB football players and students and that is not going to change. We wish the best of luck for the new coach and I hope this is the beginning to a new era for the WB Football Program.

Dalton's a great kid who I've loved for many years. I hope he goes over to Alcoa and does well and finishes off a great high school career and then is able to continue playing at the next level. I know I speak for many, many at WB who hate to see him leave. He will leave a huge hole to fill for the Gov's this season and next.

Dalton's a great kid who I've loved for many years. I hope he goes over to Alcoa and does well and finishes off a great high school career and then is able to continue playing at the next level. I know I speak for many, many at WB who hate to see him leave. He will leave a huge hole to fill for the Gov's this season and next.

I appreciate the compliments. Leaving is for sure the hardest decision Dalton has made so far in his life and it has left a void in not only his but also my heart. /wub.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> Here's wishing the best for both the Govs football program and players and to Dalton's new endeaver. Thanks again for the kind words.

Great post TF6. All five points hit the nail on the head and I agree with you 100%. I hope Coach Gregory will fit this bill. I look forward to getting to know him and supporting him.

BTW, word on the street ... Governors have evidently lost another player. I'll wait until it's official before I comment further. :

I heard the same thing this morning. If it is true it would not be a new thing for this kid to transfer to a new school.

Did you use that big word there to make yourself look smart? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't doubt that at all. Been around the education system somehow most of my life. Seen all types of people involved with it. I just thought it was funny that night. This guy had to be 60 lecturing a bunch of 8-10 year olds.

Now Solly dont bee sew hard on Gov-Man....Eye nose zackly whut a "pontificate' iz......That's whut ewe can bye a Ponnie-Ac wif befour thay goes out uv bizzness next yeer.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Eye wil say hit agin....Tha kids axe a lot moore mature inn a lot uv sitchie-ashuns..... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />