coffee county - siegel who won?

robotman

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

"Confused" must of eaten a bad fortune cookie and "4lifer" doesn't have areason to talk smack anymore.

Maybe next year, as they say!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Ok i am back and yes i am eating crow /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" We came up a few runs short. But hey i am still proud of our Lady Raiders. I am not going to make any excuses, we lost.... But i will say one thing, 8AAA is glad to get us out of the district!! Good luck to Siegle and Riverdale. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok i am back and yes i am eating crow /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" We came up a few runs short. But hey i am still proud of our Lady Raiders. I am not going to make any excuses, we lost.... But i will say one thing, 8AAA is glad to get us out of the district!! Good luck to Siegle and Riverdale. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Now YOU are a great fan. Very very classy. There are a lot of teams that can use fans like you.

Where is that radio broadcaster? At least you guys faced the music. Where is he? Lucky, thats his name. I just remember how some of you guys bragged about running the score up on some of the other teams in our district. I am telling you, that noitall is the kiss of death when he starts braggin on you. I am still a 8AAA guy, wish both teams would have advanced. I don't think Riverdale or Siegel will win the state. But best of luck to both of them.

I am here, I've been busy today. Since you called me out by name why don't you tell me yours? I did post about Coffee Co. winning a game by a large margin. Will you ever get over it? Let it go... Maybe you will find something better to do than find things to call me out on.

I am very proud of the Lady Raiders for very good year. We won the Coffee Co. Classic and the District 8-AAA tournament championship. Great job ladies!! Good luck to all the seniors and remember NO REGRETS. They know what I'm talking about.

By the way, how do you play in tournaments if they all get rained out? We got to play in the Soddy tournament that was almost rained out and our own. None of us can claim to be God, so we cannot stop the rain. Hendersonville and Brentwood were rained out so what do you want?

Good luck to Big Daddy and The Weave.

Lucky Knott

I am and will always be a CC Raider

Congratulation to the Lady Raiders for a very good year. To the seniors i have enjoyed watching you over the years and wish you all the luck in the future, I know you will do well. Good luck to the under classman work hard during the off season and you will do well next year.

Lucky thank you for the broadcast this year it was great. Monday night was as good as it gets, Thunder 1320's team pulled off something that has probably never been done in High school sports. I got to listen to both Baseball and Softball at the sametime, it was great.

Good Luck to RaiderOne, go get the ring, you deserve it,

Coach,

The comment about being a rural team does not hold water. It only holds water if they so "CHOOSE" to stay around the house. Just a few years ago, CC would travel and I mean travel to see the best teams they could and did it often. I have thousands of dollars in hotel reciepts and gas bills to prove it. It is a matter of CHOICE to sit on the porch or go play the big dogs. That's it in a nutshell.

There are lots of things I could say here but to keep it short and quote an old acquaintance that taught me a lot about the game, "if you want to win consistently against the great teams, you have to play them. It's as simple as that. These are just kids. You can practice till the cows come home and play your part on a small stage but when you enter a big stage and the lights go on, the curtains open there are no practices nor an average opposing team that can prepare those young minds for the things they will see, hear and feel. By the time they collect themselves, it is too late.", Jack Young.

I totally and completly agree. It is a choice.

There is something that I have learned that says "Given the same information, people make the same decisions". By that I mean that put through the same things Terry was, most of us would have done things the same way. Twelve short months ago he was on the verge of being fired after making it to the sub state. I can only imagine what things would have been like early this year if he had scheduled a bunch of tough teams and had a losing record early on.

God forbid if he had given he girls off season work like "hitting 30,000 3 pointers in the off season for basketball" or doing like Soddy does and schedule minimum games so they can play more tournaments and get 50 to 60 games in.

I just don' see that culture changing here. It has changed a little, but not that much and that is what I mean by "feasible". I hope I am wrong but we will see.

Congrats CC on a very good season. In most reginal match-ups it is high quality softball & it is a shame that some good teams don't advance. I know they will bounce back & be the marquee program of their new district. In regard to schedule, they knocked off 11-3A tourney winner Ravenwood during the regular season. Hopefully a former CC assistant can bring his team down to Manchester over the next few years to battle the Lady Raiders as well.

Good luck to Chase in baseball, & also RaiderOne & Weave.

No excuses. We didn't hit....nah, let me rephrase that....we did not hit good pitching. (Connell did a great job by the way.)

If you don't score runs, you won't win much. This nifty little palm pilot tells me that in the 5 games we lost this year we had a team batting average of .139. In 93 plate appearances we had 12 hits in the games we lost against Siegel, Lincoln Co, Cornersville and Soddy and only scored 2 runs.

If you want to move on you have to change that. The only way I know how to do that is to consistently see better pitching and I don't know if that is feasable with a rural team like Coffee County. Maybe they could play more tournaments but that makes it tough on the JV kids and parents.

I am proud of our girls for the year they had. They worked hard and they learned things about themselves and others. That is what this is about anyway. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I don't think at 27-5 I would call them "losers" as some have in the post above. Maybe that came from one of you guys that played on state championship teams or won a superbowl yourselves so you can say that....lol.

Good luck to all the teams still in it.

GREAT summation, Jay. I feel your pain. You were classy all year. Good luck in travel.

Coffee County got slapped to death last night. Sometimes those slaps go right to defensive players, sometimes they find holes. Credit the slappers in Siegel's lineup they went something ridiculous like 7-9 at the plate. Also Connell pitched great for Siegel, she kept the ball down in the zone all night.

This is good to hear. UofL knows what they're getting.

Coach JV, I think alot of the post were directed towards some of your fans who went WAY overboard with the claims for your team. They talked a ton of smack!!!!! Now people are going to call them out. I am sure your girls gave all they had. Good Luck to them in the future!!!!

Exactly! Good post.

Coach,

The comment about being a rural team does not hold water. It only holds water if they so "CHOOSE" to stay around the house. Just a few years ago, CC would travel and I mean travel to see the best teams they could and did it often. I have thousands of dollars in hotel reciepts and gas bills to prove it. It is a matter of CHOICE to sit on the porch or go play the big dogs. That's it in a nutshell.

There are lots of things I could say here but to keep it short and quote an old acquaintance that taught me a lot about the game, "if you want to win consistently against the great teams, you have to play them. It's as simple as that. These are just kids. You can practice till the cows come home and play your part on a small stage but when you enter a big stage and the lights go on, the curtains open there are no practices nor an average opposing team that can prepare those young minds for the things they will see, hear and feel. By the time they collect themselves, it is too late.", Jack Young.

I disagree. It does hold water! And you know it if you have all those receipts...just like me. With the exception of them being a triple-A team (i.e., the biggest classification and a bigger 'pool' of talent), it's very hard to put together a good, no, a great high school team, especially without cheating or recruiting or 'inviting' people that just happen to have DDs with awesome softball abilities to move into your community ( /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ). CC has some young studdettes. And they're gonna be alright, in my opinion. Their only problem is that they have some overzealous fans that count chicks before they hatch. In this economy, that's not very smart ( /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />). But, that's OK. I know it's all in fun. That's why I picked at 'em all year.

Good luck, ladies. Hold your heads up. I predict you'll be in the final 8 before this sophomore class is done.

Coach,

I disagree as well. While you are correct that a rural team can travel to see better competition. That does not hide the fact that it is simply harder to have the collection of talent needed to go all the way from a rural area. It's proven over and over again every year. The results of the small metro area private schools like Trinity and Goodpasture combined with the dominance of the suburban softball giants like Soddy, Ooltewah, Brentwood, Beech, and Riverdale point very clearly where the best softball talent can be produced most consistantly. That doesn't mean that any of the above mentioned schools are not working very hard or that they are doing anything the wrong way. It also does not mean that any of the rural school should whine about it or use it as an excuse. To use a cliche, it is what it is. Anyone that would deny that metro area private schools or large suburban public schools don't have it a little easier than most rural schools in softball is not looking at the results.

I totally and completly agree. It is a choice.

There is something that I have learned that says "Given the same information, people make the same decisions". By that I mean that put through the same things Terry was, most of us would have done things the same way. Twelve short months ago he was on the verge of being fired after making it to the sub state. I can only imagine what things would have been like early this year if he had scheduled a bunch of tough teams and had a losing record early on.

God forbid if he had given he girls off season work like "hitting 30,000 3 pointers in the off season for basketball" or doing like Soddy does and schedule minimum games so they can play more tournaments and get 50 to 60 games in.

I just don' see that culture changing here. It has changed a little, but not that much and that is what I mean by "feasible". I hope I am wrong but we will see.

Are you saying that the coach had to play a weaker schedule because he was afraid of losing his job?