coffee county - siegel who won?

robotman

Healthy, talented 15 - 18 year-olds should be able to play all day, any day. Excuses, excuses...

No excuses, we lost. Like it was said you have to hit the ball if you want to win. I do think if it were played as a series we would win 2 out of 3. Last night was just not our night. So therefore we will be paying to go to the boro. But you know what, as of right now I don't think siegel has sailed through yet. So they don't need to start getting too cocky themselves. But you know what, it is a compliment for us to hear "we beat Coffee County". Cause we know we are good. We just have rough times like anyone else. For now next year is a long time away. So I won't even begin to bore anyone with the "how great we will be speech". Remember, time will tell all.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No excuses, we lost. Like it was said you have to hit the ball if you want to win. I do think if it were played as a series we would win 2 out of 3. Last night was just not our night. So therefore we will be paying to go to the boro. But you know what, as of right now I don't think siegel has sailed through yet. So they don't need to start getting too cocky themselves. But you know what, it is a compliment for us to hear "we beat Coffee County". Cause we know we are good. We just have rough times like anyone else. For now next year is a long time away. So I won't even begin to bore anyone with the "how great we will be speech". Remember, time will tell all.

Where is that radio broadcaster? At least you guys faced the music. Where is he? Lucky, thats his name. I just remember how some of you guys bragged about running the score up on some of the other teams in our district. I am telling you, that noitall is the kiss of death when he starts braggin on you. I am still a 8AAA guy, wish both teams would have advanced. I don't think Riverdale or Siegel will win the state. But best of luck to both of them.

No excuses. We didn't hit....nah, let me rephrase that....we did not hit good pitching. (Connell did a great job by the way.)

If you don't score runs, you won't win much. This nifty little palm pilot tells me that in the 5 games we lost this year we had a team batting average of .139. In 93 plate appearances we had 12 hits in the games we lost against Siegel, Lincoln Co, Cornersville and Soddy and only scored 2 runs.

If you want to move on you have to change that. The only way I know how to do that is to consistently see better pitching and I don't know if that is feasable with a rural team like Coffee County. Maybe they could play more tournaments but that makes it tough on the JV kids and parents.

I am proud of our girls for the year they had. They worked hard and they learned things about themselves and others. That is what this is about anyway. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I don't think at 27-5 I would call them "losers" as some have in the post above. Maybe that came from one of you guys that played on state championship teams or won a superbowl yourselves so you can say that....lol.

Good luck to all the teams still in it.

No excuses. We didn't hit....nah, let me rephrase that....we did not hit good pitching. (Connell did a great job by the way.)

If you don't score runs, you won't win much. This nifty little palm pilot tells me that in the 5 games we lost this year we had a team batting average of .139. In 93 plate appearances we had 12 hits in the games we lost against Siegel, Lincoln Co, Cornersville and Soddy and only scored 2 runs.

If you want to move on you have to change that. The only way I know how to do that is to consistently see better pitching and I don't know if that is feasable with a rural team like Coffee County. Maybe they could play more tournaments but that makes it tough on the JV kids and parents.

I am proud of our girls for the year they had. They worked hard and they learned things about themselves and others. That is what this is about anyway. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I don't think at 27-5 I would call them "losers" as some have in the post above. Maybe that came from one of you guys that played on state championship teams or won a superbowl yourselves so you can say that....lol.

Great post! Great attitude!

Good post JV - Coffee County struggled against quality pitching at times this year. I think a lot of that had to do with how weak the pitching was in our district and the fact that so many tournaments got rained out. Siegel is a good team so is Coffee County - unfortunately someone had to lose.

Lady Raiders - don't hang your heads, you had a great season, most teams would kill for a 27-5 record, a district championship, a tournament championship and to beat some of the teams you did - not many teams can say they beat Mercy Academy. I know the season didn't end like you wanted it to but life goes on, learn from this and use the lessons in your everyday life.

Seniors - it has been a pleasure to watch you play for the last four years - you will be missed. Good luck in everything you do, as for the six of you that will be playing in college - good luck and I hope to see you play next year.

To the rest of the team, I hope to see you all play travel ball this season - get ready for next season, you will have the talent, coaching and support to go far and continue the great softball tradition at CCHS.

- -Derek Harryman

Coffee County got slapped to death last night. Sometimes those slaps go right to defensive players, sometimes they find holes. Credit the slappers in Siegel's lineup they went something ridiculous like 7-9 at the plate. Also Connell pitched great for Siegel, she kept the ball down in the zone all night.

Your point about being such a rural team, in my opinion, is spot on. I know you have your own tournament but there's not a lot of top notch competition showing up. The better teams that do come to Manchester are put in the other half of the bracket so CC doesn't have to play them until the championship game (at least in prior years). While that helps you win your own tournament it is not what's best for the long term success of the program. Did your hc try to schedule any mid-week games with teams outside the district such as Riverdale, Beech or Goodpasture? With the team you had returning you guys should have sought out the very best competition possible, even if it was a bit of a strain on the parents. To be the best you have to play the best.

Good luck next season!

Coach JV, I think alot of the post were directed towards some of your fans who went WAY overboard with the claims for your team. They talked a ton of smack!!!!! Now people are going to call them out. I am sure your girls gave all they had. Good Luck to them in the future!!!!

Coach JV, I think alot of the post were directed towards some of your fans who went WAY overboard with the claims for your team. They talked a ton of smack!!!!! Now people are going to call them out. I am sure your girls gave all they had. Good Luck to them in the future!!!!

Have you seen them in person? Don't get me wrong, 99% of the CC people are great, classy people and their field is one of the best places to play too. But when you attend a game at CC it really hurts their image when a parent literally climbs the fence and acts like a fool any time their team does something good. Combine that with the smack talk and that's why there are some haters out there. The good news is his daughter is graduating so he may stop coming around... that should help the image tremendously, especially if he quits posting here too.

Again, I wish CC the best of luck next season!

Have you seen them in person? Don't get me wrong, 99% of the CC people are great, classy people and their field is one of the best places to play too. But when you attend a game at CC it really hurts their image when a parent literally climbs the fence and acts like a fool any time their team does something good. Combine that with the smack talk and that's why there are some haters out there. The good news is his daughter is graduating so he may stop coming around... that should help the image tremendously, especially if he quits posting here too.

Again, I wish CC the best of luck next season!

Just me, I know exactly who you are talking about!!!!!!!.......and that is all I have to say about that /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Coach,

The comment about being a rural team does not hold water. It only holds water if they so "CHOOSE" to stay around the house. Just a few years ago, CC would travel and I mean travel to see the best teams they could and did it often. I have thousands of dollars in hotel reciepts and gas bills to prove it. It is a matter of CHOICE to sit on the porch or go play the big dogs. That's it in a nutshell.

There are lots of things I could say here but to keep it short and quote an old acquaintance that taught me a lot about the game, "if you want to win consistently against the great teams, you have to play them. It's as simple as that. These are just kids. You can practice till the cows come home and play your part on a small stage but when you enter a big stage and the lights go on, the curtains open there are no practices nor an average opposing team that can prepare those young minds for the things they will see, hear and feel. By the time they collect themselves, it is too late.", Jack Young.