Halls High School

Whats the deal? I have watched Halls Football for years. I am not one of those that is very vocal. I have seen kids come and go, good and bad. Over the past couple years, I've been confused on some of the picks that are put on the field. Does he pick the best players for being the best players or is it for who they are? Also, do the kids have or should the kids have full confidence in him that he is going to work for them being that he was going to leave them. How do you think Halls is going to look this year and what are your opinions on the players and who should be out there and who shouldn't? Just curious. Not trying to cause a big uproar just want to hear some other views and get a better clarification. Thanks!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the deal? I have watched Halls Football for years. I am not one of those that is very vocal. I have seen kids come and go, good and bad. Over the past couple years, I've been confused on some of the picks that are put on the field. Does he pick the best players for being the best players or is it for who they are? Also, do the kids have or should the kids have full confidence in him that he is going to work for them being that he was going to leave them. How do you think Halls is going to look this year and what are your opinions on the players and who should be out there and who shouldn't? Just curious. Not trying to cause a big uproar just want to hear some other views and get a better clarification. Thanks!

I don't know that the kids have confidence in him or don't because I'm not close to the situation, but if it were my coach back in my playing heydays I certainly would question why I was playing for a guy as a kid. The question is whether he was really leaving or not I would suppose. Anyway, that is my thought on that.

My opinion on whether Halls will be successful or not is based on a couple things. Are the offensive and defensive strategies changing? As in a major overhaul!? And have there been any coaching changes that would benefit the program? If some changes were made then I'd say that Halls could have a shot at being somewhat successful this year. Otherwise, I'm not so sure. Things are looking a lot better over the ridge and down emory road than many would have expected at this point so it sounds like Halls will be third amongst their in region rivals.

Thanks Bigtonykilyou. I agree with you! Confidence is still questionable because the community is still talking that he is still going to leave. So, who knows but him?!

There are a few changes going on with Halls that I hope will benefit them and they can do great things....that is "if" KJ puts the kids on the field that can get the job done and not the kids whose parents do the most volunteering. There are a couple of changes as far as the responsibilities of a couple of coaches, but as far as a Major overhaul, not seeing that yet. Halls don't necessarily have the size this year, but they have some really good players. We all hear that size matters but only in certain situations. By listening to the community members I am assuming he needs to look deep in his hat and look at those kids who are players but that he keeps on the sideline. You don't win ballgames by who the parents are or what they do...that would just be selling those kids short and putting an expectation on them that they can't handle.

I heard that over the ridge they were trying to recruit some players back there due to losing so many players. Hopefully we will play some good ball between the ridge and down emory road this year.

If "members of the community" talk about a coach only playing a kid because of what their parents do or who there parents are, that means their kid isn't good enough to play. I don't know of any coach on this planet who will sit a good player on the sidelines and play a mediocre player because of what their dad has done for the program. That is a lie that parents of mediocre players tell themselves and anyone else who will listen. Coaches want to win just as bad as everyone else (usually more).

So let me assure you, that when "someone" in the community complains that their kid is better than so-and-so, they're not. And if they truly are better, it is up to the kid to prove he needs to be the one on the field, not an aggressive add campaign by their parents.

If "members of the community" talk about a coach only playing a kid because of what their parents do or who there parents are, that means their kid isn't good enough to play. I don't know of any coach on this planet who will sit a good player on the sidelines and play a mediocre player because of what their dad has done for the program. That is a lie that parents of mediocre players tell themselves and anyone else who will listen. Coaches want to win just as bad as everyone else (usually more).

So let me assure you, that when "someone" in the community complains that their kid is better than so-and-so, they're not. And if they truly are better, it is up to the kid to prove he needs to be the one on the field, not an aggressive add campaign by their parents.

Correctamundo. 100%

Sneaky Pete you are the voice of reason.

This year we need to take one game at a time and not over hype our squad. Last year the kids couldn't live up to the high expectations burdened upon them.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I hate the $uckeyes, but that picture is as good as it gets.

Tells a lot about this world that we live in now. Just from that picture......

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

APB...If 'un ewe click on STARS profile.... ewe'll see as good as hit gits......... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

APB...If 'un ewe click on STARS profile.... ewe'll see as good as hit gits......... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Stars, not that many of us on here are old enough to have seen the "warp yer head off hold!" Brings a tear to mine eye.

Sneaky, I fourth that. Silly, silly, silly. KJ obviously wants to win and has always played who he thought could best accomplish that.

Ah there's always complaining about who is playin and who aint .. somebodys all american son is not getting his time and thats why Halls aint winnign big .. balony ... one reason they aint that good !!!! they dont have the SSSPPPEEEEDDD !!! thats SPEED !!! to compete .... get some play makers and then see what happens ...

Correctamundo. 100%

Sneaky Pete you are the voice of reason.

This year we need to take one game at a time and not over hype our squad. Last year the kids couldn't live up to the high expectations burdened upon them.

ZCAR....that was my point precisely as to the ones a coach plays and the ones he don't...point made. There were some that could have been played instead of "some" that were out there and done a better job regardless of who the kid was. That was a comment in general as to who the coaches were playing by proof of last years players. Just hoping he doesn't make the same mistake twice...the kids don't deserve it.