Cleveland/Coffee Co.

prich01

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Estill strikes out the first batter of the seventh. Double for Cleveland. Runner on second with one out. Walk brings the tying run to the plate still with one out. Raider hits a double for Cleveland and the tying run is now at second. And we are tied 6-6 in the seventh. Two outs now and the winning run for Cleveland is on second. Headed to extras.

so what happened?

After a bases loaded strikeout with one out by Estill, Cleveland got a two-out game-winning single to win it. Classic game. It was all but over and the announcers (as well as myself) were planning the trip to Murfreesboro when Coffee was up 6-0 in the sixth and 6-3 in the seventh. I guess we all jinxed them. But Cleveland just would not die. As one of the announcers said, Coffee just did not finish. Great, great game though.

After a bases loaded strikeout with one out by Estill, Cleveland got a two-out game-winning single to win it. Classic game. It was all but over and the announcers (as well as myself) were planning the trip to Murfreesboro when Coffee was up 6-0 in the sixth and 6-3 in the seventh. I guess we all jinxed them. But Cleveland just would not die. As one of the announcers said, Coffee just did not finish. Great, great game though.

If your Coffee County you had to feel good with a lead and Estill on the mound. The top of the 10th, I think it was it's all running together now. when Coffee had runners on first and second and no outs and failed to execute the bunt then hit into a double play was a killer. But it shouldn't have come down to that if they hold a lead in the final two innings. Coffee County didnt' finish, but I think you have to give Cleveland some credit. I was uneasy going into the seventh with Cleveland's recent history of coming from behind. Good luck to them in Murfreesboro.