Can South get the DB monkey off their backs?

Heart means a whole lot on the field and this group of kids has more heart than any group I've ever encountered (including last years) This group will stick together LIKE FAMILY and dig it out together. They will include all team members in this family even underclassman. They won't attack their own. I will gladly eat my own words if they don't do well. I'm that confident in them. I think if they did that well then, they should be better now.

Now if your talking about coaching then thats a whole different category. I think the coaching staff will do fine this year. I already see several changes they are trying to make. We just need to support them.

I wasn't going to post on this thread...but I did. I wasn't going to say what I am now going to say but I am. First everybody is wrong and everybody is right. Jack may unnerve many of you and sometimes me also but by and large he is correct. I reply using this post because IndianNation has said much. Without getting long winded as I usually do I'll just say that the header of this thread says it all. "Can South get the DB monkey off their backs?"...This will be their best chance to do it.

I am loud, rude, I exaggerate, and generally cause a stir...all in fun. Sometimes I am adament about things that I feel are the way I feel they are. My opinion. But I would never give up publically on my team before they even hit the field by lamenting that, well we ain't got much this year so...yeah it's probably South's year to beat us. Disrespectful, and yes condecinding to South and an example of discraceful lack of support for your people. Good thing this is not war. Yes, players read this forum. Mostly the underclassmen because the upperclassmen look at it as a crock. Aaahhh...in many ways they are much more mature than we. So because the '09 Indians don't measure up to many Indians standards you just throw them to the animals? Glad my son didn't go there after all. Your tradition is falling apart. The '08 Indians were a superb group of talent as I feel sure the '09 Indians will be. There...you have my support...my Rebel lowlife support.

It won't take much to fix DB's problems. It won't take much to fix South's problems. But someone must carry the flag to the end. And it takes many not just a few. There is strength in numbers.

So let's talk trash and find loopholes in each others prognostications and corner each other and win and lose the little debates we have. But never...am I mean never...lose faith. Not never! When in doubt...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't going to post on this thread...but I did. I wasn't going to say what I am now going to say but I am. First everybody is wrong and everybody is right. Jack may unnerve many of you and sometimes me also but by and large he is correct. I reply using this post because IndianNation has said much. Without getting long winded as I usually do I'll just say that the header of this thread says it all. "Can South get the DB monkey off their backs?"...This will be their best chance to do it.

I am loud, rude, I exaggerate, and generally cause a stir...all in fun. Sometimes I am adament about things that I feel are the way I feel they are. My opinion. But I would never give up publically on my team before they even hit the field by lamenting that, well we ain't got much this year so...yeah it's probably South's year to beat us. Disrespectful, and yes condecinding to South and an example of discraceful lack of support for your people. Good thing this is not war. Yes, players read this forum. Mostly the underclassmen because the upperclassmen look at it as a crock. Aaahhh...in many ways they are much more mature than we. So because the '09 Indians don't measure up to many Indians standards you just throw them to the animals? Glad my son didn't go there after all. Your tradition is falling apart. The '08 Indians were a superb group of talent as I feel sure the '09 Indians will be. There...you have my support...my Rebel lowlife support.

It won't take much to fix DB's problems. It won't take much to fix South's problems. But someone must carry the flag to the end. And it takes many not just a few. There is strength in numbers.

So let's talk trash and find loopholes in each others prognostications and corner each other and win and lose the little debates we have. But never...am I mean never...lose faith. Not never! When in doubt...

I Think the Indians will measure up just fine this year. I do think they lack some varsity experience on the line but they will be ready come August. This year will be very exciting. The local rivalry will be intense and bring huge crowds to the games. I not sure who's post ur talking about Comp, but we bleed different colors on here and so do the players but off the field some are as close with each other as they are with their own team mates. I will have to disagree with you on one thing, Alot of upperclassmen look at this site. All the Bull S**t gets them pumped. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oh come on CPU man! Glad your son did not go to DB? DB fans are down on DB? Some fans are down on DB, but you can't tell me South fans were not down on South after last years loss to the Devils. We all have die hard fans and fans that question every move. I am die hard DB.. DB has killed me of late, but I cheer on. I will say that the pop warner feeder rocked. Why did we quit that? Money I bet?

Didn't you post this same thing back in 2006?

Thats all great, and pretty normal for any program at any Boys Club in the country. See if that helps your boy any when he goes up against a team west of Morristown.

Translation: MY boy can take care of business. Let's see if YOU can help a BOY by putting your time where you mouth is. Shut up and show up. Please don't be too dumb to have this conversation with me. I'm asking What Have You Done For A Kid Lately?

No, It means your to stupid to be having this conversation with me.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Wow. Now there's an intelligent response. You just want to continue to talk about all the problems as you see them but don't want to do anything about them. You just showed yourself to be just what everyone says you are. You could help be an answer to the problem but you would rather just continue to act like an idiot. Continue on. The Indian Nation needs you.

PLEASE everyone stop the insanity!!! Ask yourself..............do you REALLY want Jack working with your kids!!??!!??!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

There are floors to be mopped at trash to be taken out....all those little chores add up in volunteer work. We never actually wanted him to 'speak' or anything, but I figured I could guide him through the toilet bowl cleaning process, much akin to what South with do with his Indians, so I wanted him to start feelin' it early.

OM with Mom

SarahPalin2012 who started this thread ask me the question "If I were named head coach at DB tomorrow, what would I do to change the system to make it better. I simply stated the obvious. Anybody with half a brain knows that what I posted is a much better system than anything that is in place now in upper east tn. A few of you that think you know something about football think its better to attack me for stating the obvious than it would be to change the system and make it better. If your DB or South its pretty easy to beat up on the local teams and claim your coach is the best, then make excuses for your early exit in the playoffs. Yeah, thats easier than putting in a system that works. To bad the people in Maryville don't think like this. It sure would make it easier on everybody else. Also for those that attack me (for stating the obvious) did you ever stop to think that maybe Im "Very" involved already in youth sports in this area. Just maybe you are the ones that need to get off the couch and help out. As far as having people agree with me, Compustman and Volman Scott have pretty much endorsed my plan and their the real football guru's from the South side. Why would any one care what a couple of nitwhits think. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

SarahPalin2012 who started this thread ask me the question "If I were named head coach at DB tomorrow, what would I do to change the system to make it better. I simply stated the obvious. Anybody with half a brain knows that what I posted is a much better system than anything that is in place now in upper east tn. A few of you that think you know something about football think its better to attack me for stating the obvious than it would be to change the system and make it better. If your DB or South its pretty easy to beat up on the local teams and claim your coach is the best, then make excuses for your early exit in the playoffs. Yeah, thats easier than putting in a system that works. To bad the people in Maryville don't think like this. It sure would make it easier on everybody else. Also for those that attack me (for stating the obvious) did you ever stop to think that maybe Im "Very" involved already in youth sports in this area. Just maybe you are the ones that need to get off the couch and help out. As far as having people agree with me, Compustman and Volman Scott have pretty much endorsed my plan and their the real football guru's from the South side. Why would any one care what a couple of nitwhits think. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Easy WJ, don't want you to stroke out on this one. I agee 100% with you. people are just defending what they know and what has worked for their boy(s). If you haven't been expsed to it or observed it up close, then you don't know.

I played youth football as a 9y/o in Denver in 1965. It was exactly as you described your"system". There were two divisions of 8 teams made up only of 9y/o players. A championship game for the division winners and a separate league for each age. The coach had no kid on the team and he coached the same team that had a community sponsor year after year.

The next year we moved to Kingsport where I played.at the KBC. Thankful for the Boys Club but no comparison in the least to what I came from. It was FUN however having my DAD coach.

I've coached and had kids play in both the Sullivan Co. Optimist and Lynn View summer leagues. They are good but still a long way from what you describe and what I experienced 45 years ago!

Kingsport could do better for youth football and D-B would be the the school to profit most. I still say its not just the system though. You also need a schedule that helps your team and coaching staff grow by testing you during the regular season. Playing 6A teams from Knoxville and beyond is a good start. I know you all at D-B think 10-0 is the way to go ,but I believe losses can prepare you more for the play-offs. Consider Maryville's 1st championship during this run. They started that season 1-4 before reeling off 10 straight. The rest is history.

Clark's biggest problem is not that he does'nt use all the eggs in his basket, it's that he uses the wrong eggs or forgets about the most important eggs in the basket. Why in the world does he continue to neglect his go to people. When you have a stud receiver, why do you throw it to a skinny, slow white boy because he is a senior and it might catch the defense by surprise. Do you know what is not a surprise? When the boy drops the ball or can't catch up to the pass. Brillant during the season and absolutely brain dead in the playoffs. I believe he is content with killing everyone in the regular season and going to the house in first rounds of the playoffs. He must have a time share rental in late October or Early November. It's time to step up and get it done in the next 2 years or hang it up. I believe he needs this explained to him. He has brought us up a level from where we were in the late 80's and i applaud him for that, but we can't continue to except these early outs. As far as our feeder system, thank God for the Lynn Garden Leauge because the Boy's Club system is a joke and don't get me started on the Middle School system. Please somebody hire St. Claire so we can get rid of him. He needs to be back in Col.Heights where he belongs. I can't believe a former Indian turned against us. Don.t know much about the staff at Robinson but i don't believe they are much better.

Great post dbFan91, u r exactly right.Indian Nation ,this years team had plenty of heart

and then some,but heart is not calling the plays at DB.This years team had it all.Receivers

runnung backs,and a QB with heart,what happened? Open your eyes people.

Great post dbFan91, u r exactly right.Indian Nation ,this years team had plenty of heart

and then some,but heart is not calling the plays at DB.This years team had it all.Receivers

runnung backs,and a QB with heart,what happened? Open your eyes people.

DB was 30 points better than McMinn Co. last year, and they would have beaten them by 30 if the coaching staff would of come out of the restroom at halftime. Its a shame the players (all of them) had to experence that after working so hard all season.