New Region 3-5A predictions

holeN1

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because Cumberland County is 3 and 0, lets not go jumping the gun. They have defeated 3 teams with a combined record of 1 win and 7 losses. That does not constitute them being a powerhouse. Lincoln County has lost to 2 teams that are both undefeated. Look for the Jets to be sporting a better record when they host the Falcons come November 2nd but the Falcons should still take care of business on their trip to Crossville. Lincoln County still has to face 2 defending state champions in Riverdale and McCallie that should toughen the Falcons up for the stretch run in the region. I still say it will be:

1. Lincoln County

2. Cumberland County

3. Franklin County

4. Cookeville

5. Coffee County

6. Warren County

Posted by LCstatman:

Just because Cumberland County is 3 and 0, lets not go jumping the gun. They have defeated 3 teams with a combined record of 1 win and 7 losses. That does not constitute them being a powerhouse. Lincoln County has lost to 2 teams that are both undefeated. Look for the Jets to be sporting a better record when they host the Falcons come November 2nd but the Falcons should still take care of business on their trip to Crossville. Lincoln County still has to face 2 defending state champions in Riverdale and McCallie that should toughen the Falcons up for the stretch run in the region. I still say it will be:

1. Lincoln County

2. Cumberland County

3. Franklin County

4. Cookeville

5. Coffee County

6. Warren County

That is a good point, but I have played against Cumberland county and they play very well. Their main weapon is thier linemen especially on the offensive side. I havn't played aginst LC yet so I can't really say much about them until next Friday when we play.

Posted by rebelfootball76:
Posted by LCstatman:

1. Lincoln County

2. Cumberland County

3. Franklin County

4. Cookeville

5. Coffee County

6. Warren County

That is a good point, but I have played against Cumberland county and they play very well. Their main weapon is thier linemen especially on the offensive side. I havn't played aginst LC yet so I can't really say much about them until next Friday when we play.

I will be curious to see who you think will win the region after you play Lincoln County September 20 in Winchester. It should be a good game, it is a great rivalry between two schools who have played against each other for years. See you there!

Hey LC, I was just wondering what your thoughts were on the Blackman/Franklin Co. game?? Like, who do the players think had the tougher team, and who was hardest to handle individualy on either team? Last but not least what's your prediction on the game? Good to see you on here this year and BTW, I saw ya'lls game against Franklin, the outcome should have been different! Good luck the rest of the season!! ;):x:x

[Edited by slim589 on 9-12-02 12:48A]

Posted by slim589:

Hey LC, I was just wondering what your thoughts were on the Blackman/Franklin Co. game?? Like, who do the players think had the tougher team, and who was hardest to handle individualy on either team? Last but not least what's your prediction on the game? Good to see you on here this year and BTW, I saw ya'lls game against Franklin, the outcome should have been different! Good luck the rest of the season!! ;):x:x

[Edited by slim589 on 9-12-02 12:48A]

I agree, the Franklin outcome should have been different. We fumbled going in on the 1 with about 10 seconds left and lost 7 to 6. But hey, that is part of the game, you have to hold onto the ball in order to win. Against Blackman, we were down 14 to 6 when Blackman tried to run a reverse and our defensive end hit the reverse guy causing a fumble, which we recovered, but the refs called an inadvertant whistle and gave the ball back to Blackman and then they scored and then scored again on the insuing kickoff when our guy let the ball bounce by him rather than falling on it and they recovered. That call seemed to take the wind out of LC's sails but I still think Blackman had the better team. If I had to make a pick on the game this week, I'd say that Blackman wins by 4. Too much overall balance, however, I would not consider it an upset if the Rebels win, they have a good football team as well. Good luck to both teams, I will be anxious to hear the final score.

You seem to be knowledgable on high school football. Let me ask you a question and get an outside the region opinion on who you think will win our region. Everyone seems to be thinking since Cumberland County is 3 and 0 that they are going to take it. Compare their schedule to Lincoln County's and look at each teams strength of schedule, not to mention opponents overall records, as well as past history and tell me your opinion on who you think "should" win this region this year.

Posted by LCstatman:

You seem to be knowledgable on high school football. Let me ask you a question and get an outside the region opinion on who you think will win our region. Everyone seems to be thinking since Cumberland County is 3 and 0 that they are going to take it. Compare their schedule to Lincoln County's and look at each teams strength of schedule, not to mention opponents overall records, as well as past history and tell me your opinion on who you think "should" win this region this year.

LC, this is a tough one since I haven't seen CC play or anyone they've played this year! If i were going just by tradition and strength of schedule that's a no brainer, LC of course! I know that's not exactly the answer you wanted, but at this time that's the best I can do! Hope this helps. Be talking to ya later, I got to go to work! ;)

Posted by slim589:
Posted by LCstatman:

LC, this is a tough one since I haven't seen CC play or anyone they've played this year! If i were going just by tradition and strength of schedule that's a no brainer, LC of course! I know that's not exactly the answer you wanted, but at this time that's the best I can do! Hope this helps. Be talking to ya later, I got to go to work! ;)