Dyersburg's first baseman

TedLNancy

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don;t think it was a d-burg player but instead the brother of a player....so I think it was some payback for cat calls during the game...I understand that charges through the school are in the process

Are you kidding me? The "pushing" that was being talked about was during a play in the game where the Lipscomb catcher went to the screen to get a ball and could not make a throw because a Dyersburg player was in the way. The Lipscomb catcher pushed him out of the way to make the throw. Nothing dirty here. The umpire was right there and knew he was just trying to make a play. Unless the Dyersburg player's brother was dressed in uniform and standing at home plate, it didn't involve him.

don;t think it was a d-burg player but instead the brother of a player....so I think it was some payback for cat calls during the game...I understand that charges through the school are in the process

charges through the school? thats laughable. someone should lock this forum before it gets out of hand. congrats to dyersburg on a great season, and props to tyler for his sportsmanship.

Are you kidding me? The "pushing" that was being talked about was during a play in the game where the Lipscomb catcher went to the screen to get a ball and could not make a throw because a Dyersburg player was in the way. The Lipscomb catcher pushed him out of the way to make the throw. Nothing dirty here. The umpire was right there and knew he was just trying to make a play. Unless the Dyersburg player's brother was dressed in uniform and standing at home plate, it didn't involve him.

no, are YOU kidding ME?? Lipscomb was shouting, calling names, and calling the Dyersburg team "a bunch of rednecks." If you honestly think it was just to get him out of the way, ur crazy. He could have went around him, but instead, he just decides to push him. and also, where does a brother come into play, i don't recall anything like that

no, are YOU kidding ME?? Lipscomb was shouting, calling names, and calling the Dyersburg team "a bunch of rednecks." If you honestly think it was just to get him out of the way, ur crazy. He could have went around him, but instead, he just decides to push him. and also, where does a brother come into play, i don't recall anything like that

Just wanted to clear up part of this thread - the incident with the brother of a player does not have anything to do with the David Lipscomb game - unrelated and should not be brought up on this board.

As to the sportsmanship of the David Lipscomb players - I will just say they showed how much class they DO NOT have.

"go around him??".... I take it you haven't played much ball. Probably a mom. To those on the field, this play was really a non-incident.

Excuse me "Swagger". If you don't want to be seen as a redneck, then learn the proper usage of the verb tenses "went" and gone.

Just wanted to clear up part of this thread - the incident with the brother of a player does not have anything to do with the David Lipscomb game - unrelated and should not be brought up on this board.

As to the sportsmanship of the David Lipscomb players - I will just say they showed how much class they DO NOT have.

I saw the entire game and didnt see anything "classless" from any player on either team. Maybe I've seen enough baseball to realize an elimination game at a state tournament is an emotional game. Did the players for Lipscomb show emotion after they won the game...Yes. They should have. Did the Dyersburg team show emotion after the lost...yes. They should have too. I think both teams respect each other after that game. I know Lipscomb's team has respect for Dyersburg and Dyersburg I'm sure has alittle more respect for Lipscomb now. But again, I dont know where this "classless" calls are coming from except maybe from some who were in the stands! JMO.

if anything was classless during the game it was Dyersburg's dugout...that shaking chairs and softball yelling may work in west tennessee but in big games with good teams it only motivates players... Im pretty sure it motivated #28 and it showed!

I think the Gold Ball went to WEST Tennessee didn't it? They must be doing something right, mainly in Dyer County.

"go around him??".... I take it you haven't played much ball. Probably a mom. To those on the field, this play was really a non-incident.

Probably a mom?????? What the heck is that supposed to mean???? Know quite a few women on here who can and have put some "men" to shame with their knowledge of this sport and a few others on here...dang dude that was just ignorant /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Probably a mom?????? What the heck is that supposed to mean???? Know quite a few women on here who can and have put some "men" to shame with their knowledge of this sport and a few others on here...dang dude that was just ignorant /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Right on!