Sequatchie Co. looking for a coach!

Sequatchie

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to the background deal, after looking into his past, it seems to myself that it is well covered. Playing four years and the collegiate level, and then playing at the Professional level for a year for a former MLB player Cecil Fielder, in my mind he knows alot. Also, not to mention being an assisstant coach at Lee U for two years with the team making the College World series two straight seasons. In my mind i think we should all overall all not be bashing him, yet let us all see what he can bring. Overall, yes he is young but i believe this guy has been through alot of baseball over the years and has the knowledge. I am anxious to see what happens in the upcoming year.

The hiring of the other guy was not a smoke screen. Coach Simmons has played at the next level and has coached many summer league teams, which he is doing right now. He is young but for you guys to bash is ridiculous. The criticism towards football is ridiculous as well. How many baseball guys also play football? i want to see those guys win every baseball game. Adams was offered the job, turned it down. I will not get into why mason shouldnt be at the high school. The guy from Ider was hired but you know his mistake that I will not discuss on the board. Support him and see what he can do BEFORE you dismantle him on a message board. There is a fine line people cross sometimes in the name of "helping". Lets not cross that line. I say good Luck Aaron and if he needs anything he can give me a call.

I was not bashing football Chad, nor was I bashing Aaron. I said forget football, because Sequatchie said "Don't they remember the same mistake with the football program three years ago" - I meant they've done that a couple of times in Baseball. It might be smoke and it might not, I know a few things Chad that you don't. I don't have nothing against Aaron and have said nothing about him personally. I hope he can step in a lead these boys. I just don't like the way they went about it. Why not hire him the first time, if he is the best qualified?

And why shouldn't Mason be at the high school? Should he not even be at the Middle school as well?

I'm confused, what do you mean - "There is a fine line people cross sometimes in the name of "helping". Lets not cross that line."

Just because one voices his opinion in a straight forward manner on here, doesn't mean he is bashing or DISMANTLING. I type what's on my mind and speak what's on my mind. Any body that knows me knows that.

Tim, I know you well enough to know you will speak your mind because I do the same. I will not get into a discussion about Mason. I know some things about the hiring process because I met several of the candidates. There were several people interviewed. I think Aaron will do well. I wish him the best. My advice to him is be his own man. There will be several people try to tell him how to run his program, just as they are in other sports. Do what is best for your TEAM and the rest will fall into place.

Tim, I know you well enough to know you will speak your mind because I do the same. I will not get into a discussion about Mason. I know some things about the hiring process because I met several of the candidates. There were several people interviewed. I think Aaron will do well. I wish him the best. My advice to him is be his own man. There will be several people try to tell him how to run his program, just as they are in other sports. Do what is best for your TEAM and the rest will fall into place.

I know there will be people whom will try to run the program, that's what irritates me the most about this decision, but I'm not one of them. I think Coach Simmons will in time do just fine. That's not what I question. My gripe goes back several years.

I don't know Aaron real well, but we played against eachother a number of times in college as he was at Lee while I was at Bryan and he was always a great player with a lot of class and definitely knows how to play the game. I can't speak towards his ability to teach the game, but from what I do know of him and the fact that he coached under Brew at Lee I'd be willing to bet he'll do a great job.

As a fellow new, young head coach in this district, I would urge you to concern yourselves with supporting the program rather than starting rumors of its demise. Give Simmons a chance. I've had nothing but incredible support from the parents and supporters at Notre Dame since I was hired last month and in the long run it will pay tremendous dividends both for me and my guys at ND. The guy has done nothing wrong, and before you know it I'm sure you'll be back on here singing his praises. All of the complaining on here (and in real life) will only make his road that much tougher. As young coaches we already have a lot to prove and accomplish and it is those who have a strong support system and backing who are often able to accomplish great things early in their careers. For the sake of your program, your kids and for Aaron, get behind Sequatchie Baseball AND its new Head Coach and stay there, even if it means keeping a negative opinion to yourself instead of blowing him up on CoachT.

I for one am excited to have another great young coach in the disctrict and hope he and I will be battling for the district title for many years to come. Goodluck to him, and we'll see Seq. Co. on the diamond in the spring.

Drew Friedrich

Head Coach

Notre Dame Baseball

The hiring of the other guy was not a smoke screen. Coach Simmons has played at the next level and has coached many summer league teams, which he is doing right now. He is young but for you guys to bash is ridiculous. The criticism towards football is ridiculous as well. How many baseball guys also play football? i want to see those guys win every baseball game. Adams was offered the job, turned it down. I will not get into why mason shouldnt be at the high school. The guy from Ider was hired but you know his mistake that I will not discuss on the board. Support him and see what he can do BEFORE you dismantle him on a message board. There is a fine line people cross sometimes in the name of "helping". Lets not cross that line. I say good Luck Aaron and if he needs anything he can give me a call.

I have known Aaron since he was just a little boy, and he has always been first class. Quiet kid and you couldn't ask for a better person, and a fine christian young man. As for his coaching, don't know about that, but I think I saw in the paper where he was coaching the Colonels? They used to be a good team, don't know about now. He is a young coach, but Aaron will definitely stay at Seq for a long time if given the opp. to succeed. Remember, all great coaches have to start coaching sometime!! Good luck Aaron and the indians.