Riverdale vs. Beech - State Finals

WarriorFireBird

dubc, you should take a "chill pill". The Beech people ain't even on here moaning and groaning like you! Let it go Mr. WC...surely you can find better things to do than argue about a game that your team didn't even play!

HAVE A SPLENDID MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!! GOD BLESS THOSE SERVING & THOSE WHO HAVE SERVED!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now we know what the "A" in ERA stands for....DNJ believing they had a shot? Please....that paper is so far up ya'lls b**t over there they dont cover anything else in the county.....God forbid anything bad happen to that school, DNJ would be outta bizness, and as far as I'm concerned, they could be....Tennessean also....I dont eat crow, I'm adult enough to congratulate good teams having goods seasons when they happen....We had a good season, Riverdale had a great season and siegel had a great season....But anyone that had seen Riverdale play the last few weeks, that is not biased as you, would see they had the best games of their lives this week, and that is the way it should be! Lifetime memories for those girls and all that didnt make it that far....

Congrats to all those teams in the state tourny.....

The DNJ covers Rutherford County and is owned by Gannett who also owns the Tennessean. Same reporters and photographers, spread thin by the Spring Fling and the economy. Litlte credit given to Riverdale as to their chances of winning a State Championship (read the coverage),and rightly so, especially after getting off to a sluggish start. It appeared to be Beech who had everything to lose (which they did).

Riverdale dug deep and finished what they set out to do as soon as the '09 roster was penciled in.

Congratulations to the girls and Coach Breeden /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />.

"We carry a tradition with Riverdale softball," Riverdale senior Alice O'Brien said. "Every year it feels like we should have been us winning it. Finally, this year it is."

She said it best. I expected the Lady Warriors to win it every year I went there. Glad I was there yesterday to finally witness it happen. Coach Breeden, staff, and all the former players and parents have done an excellent job of building a great foundation and structure, and yesterday the program got it's "roof." And of course they will always be open for expansions /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Hats off, the community should all share alot of pride in this hard earned championship!

Congratulations Warriors!!! But can someone explain how Aisha Terry was not one of the FOUR team MVP recipients? Through all the excitment cannot lose site this coach has truly slighted her during her softball career.

who are the four recipients? Had no clue this existed. Congrats to Lady Warriors. Played your butts off, you deserved that award.

Kudos to all the players on both sides. But we all know now who wanted it more, and fought like Champs. The Riverdale Lady Warriors. Enjoy this moment, there is more to come in the future.

Sending a special Prayer to the Hoadwonic girl, who I was just told hurt her right hand pretty bad wed night. You pitched one heck of a game, when I heard she was hurt, never thought she would be able to do it, but she did and was very strong. As far as the comment on Kat banks being tired because she pitched 5 games. The Riverdale pitcher played 7 (2 wed, 2 thur, 2 fri, and 1 Sat) why is it a sophmore can handle it, but a junior can't. Thought she was a dominating all-star. Can't stand when people make excuses. there is no reason for it. Both teams gave it their all. you can't take that away from them. Hope all have a great summer season with their summer teams. See You all next year.

dubc, you should take a "chill pill". The Beech people ain't even on here moaning and groaning like you! Let it go Mr. WC...surely you can find better things to do than argue about a game that your team didn't even play!

HAVE A SPLENDID MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!! GOD BLESS THOSE SERVING & THOSE WHO HAVE SERVED!!

Sorry stikless, I am "chilled" and have only congratulated the young ladies that play the game, from Rdale, siegel, WC, Beech, all the locals had great yrs...I know I aint been commenting on here but a few weeks more than you, but this is about our thoughts, whether you agree with whats said or not...that is what this board is about.....dont know what moaning or groaning your refering to..... Our WC team had a great season, in only a real short time the school has been around, good things happening.....

Rdale won the Championship, they deserved it....great job! RollerCoaster Season? Are you nuts? Riverdale went on a 37 game run and only lost 4 to finish the season! Tell you aint never been to a state fair! Dont know what your general comments about....

Good Weekend......

Quote from the Beech coach in today's Tennessean:

In the school of class and gentlemen-ship, no matter what you are thinking, when the time comes for you to comment about the team that just beat you, you ALWAYS tip your hat and say the better team won when you are the coach. Speculations of who is the better team should come from fan opinions plain and simple. Showing class is a hard thing to do but it is expected from the coaches. The comment by the coach suggests Riverdale was lucky. LUCKY?

The stats above speak for themselves. Let's just say that comments like those above from the coach were directly responsible for the end result at the fling. Everybody wants respect and when you are not getting it, some people have the will to fight for it. Riverdale earned everyone's respect that mattered yesterday when they hammered Beech in the ground. Riverdale adjusted at the plate and the pitcher didn't know how to adjust to it plain and simple. Pitchers have a bad habit of not wanting to change what they are doing when they have been told how great they are over and over. They want to do it all themselves by trying to strike everybody out rather than pitch for grounders or pop ups and placing the ball where it won't get hammered. Pitchers that are still learning will make the needed adjustments as long as someone is there they will listen to which brings to memory one of the best ever to win a championship that never got respect. Her name was Erin Haggard from Dickson county. Not a lot of speed but adequate and she used her brain and skills to defeat the best teams, not just athletic ability. To me, that is a David and Goliath situation I find much more admirable.

So let's be fair here and give Riverdale their due. This team played as a team when it counted with each one of them looking over thier shoulder at their teammates showing support. After all, it's not about one player but the whole team and that's where championships come from.

The coach calls the pitches EINSTEIN.

Since we are reading things into people's comments, your comment sounded like you a trying to say Beech's pitcher thinks she is "great". I have been around this game a LONG time and no one is more humble than she is. Be careful how you talk about girls without knowing the first thing about them. Just because some newspaper talks about her has nothing to do with the person she is.

Riverdale won the game and congratulations are in order, I am sure they are proud to have a great fan such as yourself.

The DNJ covers Rutherford County and is owned by Gannett who also owns the Tennessean. Same reporters and photographers, spread thin by the Spring Fling and the economy. Litlte credit given to Riverdale as to their chances of winning a State Championship (read the coverage),and rightly so, especially after getting off to a sluggish start. It appeared to be Beech who had everything to lose (which they did).

Riverdale dug deep and finished what they set out to do as soon as the '09 roster was penciled in.

You are a "riveridiot" if you really believe they cover that county in an unbiased way! But why would you believe any other way, its all about you....I guess you think it was another miracle too, like the USA Hockey team?

Its all about the girls that play, not the fans....

Dont know what your gonna say come football time...Was it Oakland, Smyrna, Smyrna?? But then again you wouldnt know cause you read the "Warrior News Journal" !!

Keep Readin.....

Happy Holiday!

im not sure what you are talking about as far as the news journal and reporting on us...if you look at the season as a whole there was very little coverage on anything on RIVERDALE during the spring. While during the spring fling there were several stories on us well there was only a few other teams even playing so they had no one else to cover but us and siegel. I think they should actually be pro hometown as it is a hometown paper. so what is it that you are upset about with the news journal and the coverage they give us

who are the four recipients? Had no clue this existed. Congrats to Lady Warriors. Played your butts off, you deserved that award.

Kudos to all the players on both sides. But we all know now who wanted it more, and fought like Champs. The Riverdale Lady Warriors. Enjoy this moment, there is more to come in the future.

Sending a special Prayer to the Hoadwonic girl, who I was just told hurt her right hand pretty bad wed night. You pitched one heck of a game, when I heard she was hurt, never thought she would be able to do it, but she did and was very strong. As far as the comment on Kat banks being tired because she pitched 5 games. The Riverdale pitcher played 7 (2 wed, 2 thur, 2 fri, and 1 Sat) why is it a sophmore can handle it, but a junior can't. Thought she was a dominating all-star. Can't stand when people make excuses. there is no reason for it. Both teams gave it their all. you can't take that away from them. Hope all have a great summer season with their summer teams. See You all next year.

The comment about Banks being tired is because she pitched almost every inning of every game they played this year!!!! Not just the tourny. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="