Marion County Warriors Football 2009

Bill#49

Do you guys remember 1994? "#1 in single A but #2 in Marion County!" I know it was a long time ago but I still can see Westmoreland running down your sideline with that interception!!

Or what about 2005? Travis Jones hooking up with Scott Wilson for 70+ yards down the same sideline with only a minute to play.

I know we can go on and on and on and on about great games don't think that you have a monopoly in the county RLF. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Now this is the stuff Old Pirate enjoys talking about. Old Pirate well remembers that game. SP should have won it,but.......that football takes some crazy bounces.Examples: 1. P.Hutchins breaking loose up the middle and fumbling the football for no other reason than being careless. 2. P. Hutchins bad throw that resulted in the Westmoreland interception for the game winner. Both game changing plays that ultimately caused SP to fall. Point is this..........the Pirates were their own worst enemy that night and not so much Jasper. 2 carelessly bad plays on SP's part was lethal.

Now as for Jasper 09 team...........they should make some noise but...................better enjoy it in 09. Things are about to get seriously worse.

While going thru old news clippings and etc OP finds it next to impossible to see where some think state championships are more than Rose Colored Dreams. Now...you Jasper folks don't git them undies all noted up, but be realistic.........! OP does wish coach Boeck and his Jasper clad warriors success cept the SP meeting.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to ask him about the "resistance by the county??™s two other schools." No one I have talked to (not that I have talked to a lot of people) is "resisting." There may be some that are, I just haven't talked to them.

I haven't heard any resistance either....Who cares??????????

How's it gonna feel wearing that purple and white this year, WarriorZone?

Old Pirate don't see ZP wearing any purple and white. BigJ is the victom of a skillet or else confused. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

OP does have a question for The BigJ. How many times has SP lost to Jasper in the last 15 years with the veer? OP don't rightly know, but don't expect it to be a huge amount. AT least it'll be a little research project for you BigJ.

Old Pirate don't see ZP wearing any purple and white. BigJ is the victom of a skillet or else confused. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

OP does have a question for The BigJ. How many times has SP lost to Jasper in the last 15 years with the veer? OP don't rightly know, but don't expect it to be a huge amount. AT least it'll be a little research project for you BigJ.

Zone will really stand out in the Pirate press box wearing purple & white won't he????? Who got that started?

Zone will really stand out in the Pirate press box wearing purple & white won't he????? Who got that started?

Old Pirate says a single feller like The ZonePirate would rightly do bout anything to git attention from them felines. All felines are potentially skillet slingers and sounds as if a might large amount of misery might be coming his way. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Bill I'm confused. How is anything in this Stephen's fault? Ken was seen on the field coaching all spring in Jasper. Anyone who came to a practice or scrimmage that he was on the field could see this. No sources needed except one's own two eyes.

If getting it approved was going to be a concern why not wait and not have him help during spring and then just "spring" him on everyone after the OK came from the board?

Neither Stephen or the TFP were obligated to hold anything since Ken had already been seen working the field in Jasper.

I also have to ask this question that probably won't get answered. If the shoe were on the other foot and Ken was principal at Jasper and had worked during the spring at Grundy would you guys have not fired him as fast as possible after you found out?

I believe you guys have the guts and integrity to support your own school to do that. It's obvious that no one up here has that same guts and integrity. But I'd love to know how you guys would have dealt with it if the roles were reversed.

DL.

Stephen and the TFP should not write things in the paper that have not been approved yet. The way he wrote the story it was a done deal. Nothing is done until the paper work and politics are taken care of. Yes community politics are being played out in this whole situation. When I first came in this county many moons ago, I worked for 2 months before the school board approved my hire. People work as volunteers all the time before they are approved. People see them working with their kids and it is explained to them that hopefully this person or that will be approved to help officially. No school needs it broadcasted to the entire Tri-State area that someone is coming back to their old school until it is official, period!

Stephen and the TFP were wrong to print the story when they did.

As for your other question, I don't know I am not in the group that does the hiring and firing. You would have to ask the Director of Schools and the Marion County School Board that question. Just like Stephen Hargis should have done.

Do you guys remember 1994? "#1 in single A but #2 in Marion County!" I know it was a long time ago but I still can see Westmoreland running down your sideline with that interception!!

Or what about 2005? Travis Jones hooking up with Scott Wilson for 70+ yards down the same sideline with only a minute to play.

I know we can go on and on and on and on about great games don't think that you have a monopoly in the county RLF. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

True, we could go on and on like '87 when Rodney Cummings went 99 yards with a leg fracture. However, the discussion was about the 2008 Mighty Warriors. In theory, Jasper should win nearly all of the games since 1982. I remember seeing all those KC teams with 60 - 70+ players on the sidelines. I don't see Jasper playing the AAA or 3a or 4a mulit state champ winner every year AND expecting to win. I'd tell you that I'd rather go 2-8 than to loose to Jasper, but that wouldn't be true. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How many years have they ran the veer in the last 15, OP? Since you know so much about the future and past of Marion County football why don't you tell us... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> And during the veer's tenure at Marion how many wins did it produce from the early 80's to the mid 90's? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Now do your research project, know it all! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

1994 MC 6 0 MC & SP STATE CHAMPIONS - VEER

1995 MC 34 13 MC STATE CHAMPIONS - VEER

1996 SP 12 0

1997 MC 32 20 - VEER

1998 SP 49 0

1999 SP 24 14 SP STATE CHAMPIONS

2000 MC 21 7 - VEER

2001 MC 25 0 - VEER

2002 SP 27 20

2003 SP 56 12

2004 MC 27 22 - WING T

2005 MC 13 12 - WING T

2006 SP 0 48

2007 SP 19 47 SP STATE CHAMPIONS

2008 SP 13 48

5 times the way I count it.

How many years have they ran the veer in the last 15, OP? Since you know so much about the future and past of Marion County football why don't you tell us... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> And during the veer's tenure at Marion how many wins did it produce from the early 80's to the mid 90's? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Now do your research project, know it all! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

There was a strong correlation with the Veer and KC & the Sunshine Band that's for sure.

Stephen and the TFP should not write things in the paper that have not been approved yet. The way he wrote the story it was a done deal. Nothing is done until the paper work and politics are taken care of. Yes community politics are being played out in this whole situation. When I first came in this county many moons ago, I worked for 2 months before the school board approved my hire. People work as volunteers all the time before they are approved. People see them working with their kids and it is explained to them that hopefully this person or that will be approved to help officially. No school needs it broadcasted to the entire Tri-State area that someone is coming back to their old school until it is official, period!

Stephen and the TFP were wrong to print the story when they did.

As for your other question, I don't know I am not in the group that does the hiring and firing. You would have to ask the Director of Schools and the Marion County School Board that question. Just like Stephen Hargis should have done.

Hey Bill....could we compare the way the article was written per say.. to an article saying Del won the Bass Masters..we just gotta wait on the weigh in. Just because he was seen in a boat, on the water doesn't make him a winner. The TFP may have written and published an article to soon...won't that make for interesting reading if they have to retract that one!

I think if one of our administration was seen anywhere helping out another school, we would man up and take care of the situation. Maybe that is what KC wants...for Grundy to man up and fire him.

I am not sure of anything when it comes to matters that I cannot control. Stephen was called while he was on vacation in Florida and asked very nicely not to run the story until everything was voted on by the school board. They went ahead with the story even though we asked them to hold it and run it later. King Leon if you had contacted Coach Boeck you would have known he wasn't already approved.

Three little words in the story, "pending board approval" might cover the Chatt. paper but the other 400 words made it seem like a done deal. Nothing is a done deal until it is approved and a smart newspaper person should realize that.

Just not very happy with how this all came out in the paper without several sources, namely Director of Schools and the Chairmen of the School Board, being checked out thoroughly. Stephen is a better journalist than this!! /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Bill,

KL thinks you should call Stephen and tell him about how upset you are rather than calling him out on a message board. Atleast your getting some publicity. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />