Classless quote

Best

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny the only point in my first post that the Riverdale folks want to take shots at is the part about the bunting.

"real world", "rec ball"...cute.

No one wants to touch the quote from the Riverdale camp in the Tennessean after game 8. Selective amnesia I guess.

Define Dominating?`Are you only a dominating pitcher is you have 15K's`a`game at state? Cus`nobody dominated if that is the case. Greenwood looked good, the Maryville girl looked solid, Connell looked solid, but nobody has 15K's a game. It's not all about strikeouts, ball location and movement are just as important and can also make a pticher dominating. Just hate it when the press and everyone else gets so enamored with strikeouts and you not a dominating pitcher if your not striking out the entire order. Also, really hard to do at state. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Yea, good post, everyone judges by strikeouts/speed....Rdale pitcher had neither and I didnt think she was a dominating factor either...but she was in her way! Hitting corners, offspeed pitches consistantly threw Beech off enough to "get er' done"....she did great....a will only be tougher as the yrs go by....

Beech's coach should have said "The more talented team did not win." Clearly Beech was more talented, but riverdale was the better team in the championship. Also Beech was clearly outcoached by Breeden and his staff. How do you hold a team scoreless one game then allow 13 combined in the most meaningful games? Breeden also saw a weakness in Beech's hitting, going from allowing 6 runs to only allowing 3 combined runs in the finally. Clearly coaching is the main reason for Riverdale's victory and Beech's defeat. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Beech's coach should have said "The more talented team did not win." Clearly Beech was more talented, but riverdale was the better team in the championship. Also Beech was clearly outcoached by Breeden and his staff. How do you hold a team scoreless one game then allow 13 combined in the most meaningful games? Breeden also saw a weakness in Beech's hitting, going from allowing 6 runs to only allowing 3 combined runs in the finally. Clearly coaching is the main reason for Riverdale's victory and Beech's defeat. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think Breeden hiring Falon, a pitching coach , was huge. She got him to really mix pitches and helped him see hitters weaknesses. Keeping the hitters off balance was huge. Also , I think the Beech girls were so positive they were going to win , they were over confident. Never underestimate a team full of seniors that are full of fire. I dont know all of the girls on the Beech or Riverdale team so I dont know why orange and white says they had more talent. I know Kat, from Beech and Ashia and Obrien from Riverdale are all going to play D-I. Does Beech have others that are D-I committed?

For everyone on this thread, enough is enough! David Woods and I were friends before the state tournament and are friends today! Riverdale has the utmost respect for Beech's Softball program. I feel like that is mutual toward us. The championship games were played by young ladies who laid it all on the line for their respective schools and programs. They were hard fought games! In athletics there must be a winner and a loser to each contest. In the state tournament there are no losers. Teams are there because the earned the right to be there. Each team at the state tournament had excellent seasons. The state winners just had the ball bounce their way. Every dog has its day. Friday and Saturday just happened to be our, Riverdales, day. Next time the ball could bounce the other way. We are cherishing the state title and hope to be in a position to get more in the future. Beech will also have opportunities to contend for state titles again in the future. Again, two hard fought games by fine young ladies and coaches that have respect for each other! Let's just leave it at that!

Jeff Breeden

Riverdale Warriors

???Last year we left knowing we had been beaten by a better team,??? said Beech Coach David Woods, whose team lost to Ooltewah in the 2008. ???But this year we kind of leave feeling like the best team didn??™t win the tournament. "

Did he really say that??? I read this and couldnt believe it...Give Riverdale an ounce of credit here. Talk about a sore loser. Give Riverdale a huge congrats and concentrate on building your team for next year.

You might want to finish his quote, "However, Riverdale was the better team over the past two days and took advantage of the opportunities that we gave them."

For everyone on this thread, enough is enough! David Woods and I were friends before the state tournament and are friends today! Riverdale has the utmost respect for Beech's Softball program. I feel like that is mutual toward us. The championship games were played by young ladies who laid it all on the line for their respective schools and programs. They were hard fought games! In athletics there must be a winner and a loser to each contest. In the state tournament there are no losers. Teams are there because the earned the right to be there. Each team at the state tournament had excellent seasons. The state winners just had the ball bounce their way. Every dog has its day. Friday and Saturday just happened to be our, Riverdales, day. Next time the ball could bounce the other way. We are cherishing the state title and hope to be in a position to get more in the future. Beech will also have opportunities to contend for state titles again in the future. Again, two hard fought games by fine young ladies and coaches that have respect for each other! Let's just leave it at that!

Jeff Breeden

Riverdale Warriors

Don't know you, but thanks for taking the time to do this. Excellent points and VERY classy.

I do know Coach Woods, a little, and have respect and admiration for him and his team. Good people...both.

To win a State Championship you have to have 'the ball bounce your way.' Some call it luck. Some call it fate. Some call it working harder than the other team(s). Some even claim God's 'favor.' Don't know for sure, but I think since it's a game, the only thing God is interested in is nobody losing their temper and for all to be safe...and, of course, for the winner to be gracious, humble and thankful. Coach Breeden, I think you've done that, at least on this message board...very well.

Congratulations! and God bless!

Jeff Breeden

Riverdale Warriors

Coach I am so proud of you and your girls and our school as you know there were a lot of people real happy for that STATE CHAMPIONSHIP while supporting those wonderful girls. I know they have worked hard all the years with your program and it started in the off season where not 1 girl was working to win the district they were working to try and win state and they have achieved that goal. AND OUR WARRIORS HAD OUR DAYS ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY WOOOO HOOOOO

GO LADY WARRIORS

Jeff Breeden

Riverdale Warriors

Coach, told the 'clone' about the win Saturday afternoon when he called home. He said to tell you Congratulations for him. He is supposed to get back from Iraq next week to Fort Hood in Texas.

So, CONGRATULATIONS from Ross! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Jeff Breeden

Riverdale Warriors

Congratulations to you and your team on this victory. I have always felt that the Riverdale Warrior's softball team was a fine tuned machine. I have watched you coach them the last few years and to be honest I love your coaching style. Keep up the good work!

You could possibly say the best team didnt win the tournament if the score was 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 but the score was 9 to 1 ! Riverdale creamed Beech! At this point the Beech coach should be looking at himself trying to figure out WHY his team couldnt hit the ball off of Riverdales pitcher. She is not dominating. The Beech coach was out coached in all aspects of the game. The Riverdale players played well. Riverdale is the better team and Woods owes Breeden and the girls an apology for that "full of himself" remark

it was the "hill" right ladies. you know what i mean. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />