18 Berean

19 Dyersburg

20 Spring Hill

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MJUHB:

You're add it early! This should be good fodder for some comments.

I do not know enough about the teams yet this year to comment, but I look forward to reading comments from those who do know something.

I agree it's a little early for me too. Hopefully, I'll have a better grasp how the season may go after next weekend and the d-1 state tournament. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

MJUHB:

You're at it early! This should be good fodder for some comments.

I do not know enough about the teams yet this year to comment, but I look forward to reading comments from those who do know something.

Hey Hey MJUHB good to see you back! Very good start with the list. I think you right with your aaa #1 Brentwood being the early favorite. They only lost a couple of seniors but they were good ones. Much of the Brentwood HS team is made up of the Brentwood u16 club team that is very good.

Siegel will have a good core of players but did lose 5 starting seniors that will be hard to replace. I still expect to see them in state contention. Riverdale will be interesting this year. They have a much more challenging schedule which should make them better by the end of the season.

7aaa will be more competitive this year with Smyrna in district and Oakland improving.

Looking to see many of the players in Murfreesboro this weekend for club state tournament.

MJ ..I saw where you had Red Bank in your top 25 of A/AA. I know they are dropping down this year, but I really don't think that's going to help them that much. With the re-zoning that Hamilton Co. did last year I believe that Signal Mountain and Hixson will be non private schools to watch in A/AA for the Chatt-town area. JMO

AAA

1 Brentwood

2 Farragut

3 Houston

4 Siegel

5 Franklin

6 Dobyns-Bennett

7 Bearden

8 Oak Ridge

9 Collierville

10 Soddy-Daisy

11 Ravenwood

12 Cleveland

13 Shelbyville

14 Independence

15 Hendersonville

16 Riverdale

17 Centennial

18 Smyrna

19 Knox West

20 Blackman

21 Maryville

22 Hardin Valley

23 Station Camp

24 Knox Catholic

25 Arlington

WOW, Farragut at #2??? They are returning some key rising seniors at mid-field and the back-line, BUT a HUGE hole to fill with Buzzio graduating. If these key returning players (Suhocki, Ward, Brandon and Hill) can step it up similar to the boys defensive run, keeper situation may not really be a factor (at least until tournament time).

Perhaps Seymour losses to the other AAA teams they played--Maryville 0-4, Powell 1-4, West 0-4, Sevier County 1-2 and spankings by CAK 0-7 and Briarcrest 1-10--could be impacting his thoughts.

Your point is well taken. But....Making it over the Catholic road block in AAA (First time in I don't know how long, they didn't make an appearance at the state tournament) and advancing to the state tournament; I thought might give Seymour a little validity.

Not to mention I new MJUHB had ranked Seymour number 6 in his AAA rankings originally, and adjusted the AAA rankings. So I thought rally a little bit for my girls to be ranked in the pre-season in the AAA polls. Considering we are moving into AAA next year that would be a big boost to kick the season off-season workouts.

Trust me I know rankings mean nothing as far as where you end up at the end of the season otherwise we would not have gotten where we did last year. Especially after those losses and "spankings" you spoke of Wiredtowin.

'

Siegel will have a good core of players but did lose 5 starting seniors that will be hard to replace. I still expect to see them in state contention. Riverdale will be interesting this year. They have a much more challenging schedule which should make them better by the end of the season.

7aaa will be more competitive this year with Smyrna in district and Oakland improving.

Looking to see many of the players in Murfreesboro this weekend for club state tournament.

i think we play siegel this year but i have not seen the schedule

if so it will be the 1st time sence 05 the 2 teams have played