14A

Humboldt58

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from one of the Humboldt basketball players that Northside & Dyer Co. are joining the district & Gleason and Dresden were dropping out..... idk if this is true or not.... anyone heard this?

Well they were atleast 50% right... Dresden and Gleason are moving to District 13A. But Northside and Dyer Co in single A..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

How good will Humboldt be with all that they lost....including...from what I understand...Quan Campbell due to grades?

How good will Lake Co. be with all that they lost...Avery, Young, and Kimble, and who else? Who do they have coming back?

How good will UC be with all that they lost? I believe they lost most of thier starters?

What about S. Fulton? Halls? Trenton? Greenfield?

And, will Bradford be on the bottom again?

How good will Humboldt be with all that they lost....including...from what I understand...Quan Campbell due to grades?

How good will Lake Co. be with all that they lost...Avery, Young, and Kimble, and who else? Who do they have coming back?

How good will UC be with all that they lost? I believe they lost most of thier starters?

Well it's hard to tell now but Humboldt will be young, very young. Only two seniors in C Darren Dunbarr & G Myron McCurry.Campbell may or may not be out for next year only time will tell.... lets keep our fingers crossed! lol.

(Bradford, Greenfield, Halls, Humboldt, Lake Co., Peabody, South Fulton, Union City)

I went with Bradford to UTM Camp and watched them play. They are improved actually much improved on the Defensene side of the court. (only lost to Dyer by 19?) when last season it would have been by 40. Bradford just cant win when they score only 30 ppg. They need to develope offensive skills, shooters.

Peabody looked good, they still have their good 3pt shooter(cant think of the name atm). S.Fulton(the only team Bradford beat last year) had some close games at UTM... looked like they could be mid district team.

I dont think Bradford will be at the bottom.. maybe close. but not dead last. I think Union City will be over Humboldt this year. And Lake County will be close also. Besides those three.. its basicly a fight for any ranking as its a close district for the most part.

As for Dresden and Gleason dropping out of the District.. i have no idea. Havent heard anything about it yet either. Dyer Co. to 14A- hahaha yeah right. I don't know much about Northside...?

Peabody's main 3 point shooter from last year is no longer at Peabody. Korensky Simpson transferred to Gibson Co. about half way through the season last year. As far as I know, Korenky will be playing for Gibson Co. next year unless something recent has changed.

Here's my predictions....

1) Humboldt

2) Union City

3) Lake Co.

4) Halls

5) Greenfield

6) Trenton

7) Bradford

8) South Fulton

Barring any unforseen situations that I'm not aware of,Lake Co will miss Avery but still have a lot of athletes..Patrick Rebertson will be back along with Rafael Tyler,Calius Hockett,Leron Garrett,,Caleb Bledsoe,Ricky Boyd and Cris Rogers..Could be a couple more I haven't named..Also ..remember..Lake Co started a couple kids at the start of the season last year before the football players,Carlos Young and Dominic Kimble came out that endes up not playing..The Giles kid and I believe the other was Swift..Both looked very good and most thought Giles had a chance to start..So..We'll see..!

Mr. Bigster,

I certainly do not doubt that Lake Co. has more talent waiting in the wings, but Avery, Kimble, and Young made that team click last year. It will be very difficult to replace them. I think that yall have to be a huge question mark until we see how the new ones play.

Greenfield will be small this coming year. We have some very good, basketball players...boys that can shoot, handle the ball, and will hustle....but the lack of height will be difficult to overcome. We should have a team that can get up and down the floor and shoot the three. They will hustle, and they love to win. Wes Clark will be a junior, and Heath Crouse will be a sophomore. Both of these young men are talented athletes who can play basketball. They come from a family that has a history of great basketball players. Thier grandfather was a scoring machine in high school, and his sons were the two who led Greenfield to a state title back in the 80's. If we just have some height, we could be a very good team.

T

Mr. Bigster,

I certainly do not doubt that Lake Co. has more talent waiting in the wings, but Avery, Kimble, and Young made that team click last year. It will be very difficult to replace them. I think that yall have to be a huge question mark until we see how the new ones play.

Greenfield will be small this coming year. We have some very good, basketball players...boys that can shoot, handle the ball, and will hustle....but the lack of height will be difficult to overcome. We should have a team that can get up and down the floor and shoot the three. They will hustle, and they love to win. Wes Clark will be a junior, and Heath Crouse will be a sophomore. Both of these young men are talented athletes who can play basketball. They come from a family that has a history of great basketball players. Thier grandfather was a scoring machine in high school, and his sons were the two who led Greenfield to a state title back in the 80's. If we just have some height, we could be a very good team.

T

You're right but everyone of those players started at some point in the year last year..Hockett started about the first 15 games and Rafael started in just about every game..Patrick Robertson and Bledsoe are both about 6'3 to 6'4 so Lake Co will have some decent height..And according to Coach Whitby on several occassions last year..People think we'll be down next year but we'll be a better team..Those were his words to me on several occassions...lol..So..We'll see !

T

Bigster,

I hate to hear that! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I was hoping that yall would be down this year...and the next year...and the next. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />