Yet Another Coaching Vacancy

jackpot1255

Most of the time these boards are used as a way to slander, gossip, or vent. I wasted most of this morning reading all of these posts, and feel ashamed to say that I am a Houston Countian after reading some of the horrible things "we" posted on here. You can look at my profile and see that I do not usually post- I think this is my third since I joined in 2003. I feel this idea of adopting a secret name allows people to say vicious and hurtful things about and to people that they would never say to someone's face. Houston County is my home, and I support Houston County athletics. I do not always agree with "selections", but I can always choose to be open, receptive, and positive in my remarks. I wish the best year for the boys team no matter who is selected to lead them, as well as to the girls, the football team, golf, tennis, baseball and softball, and yes, even cheerleading. If we ever get soccer and volleyball, I'll support them too!!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you wouldnt be coach ross from mcwen would u?

No not coach Ross....But i know him pretty well as well /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

This is the last thing that I am going to say on this issue... Being qualified doesnt have "houston co. grad" in it... The two canidates from HC have been a head coach for high school basketball for a combined 2 two years(i belive that is right) And this is not saying that people shouldnt have a shot... And I believe that Coach moore is a qualified canidate... I have never once said that he wasnt, but i know that there are more QUALIFIED people that are interested in the job....Plus I believe that Ms. Harvey would never let this situation happen as well... Regardless if she says she has a say or not..She has the final say....along with the Board....

Example in hand,Bruce Pearl was well qualified to get the Memphis job....And they wanted him...But if Deam Smith, Roy Williams, or coach K would of wanted it....No longer was he the most qualified for the position...

Just look outside the box for a minute HC...You have a few very solid coaches very interested in the position... Dont push them away....I think Coahc Moore would do a very fine job, but just look at who else is interested and when they are hired, give them a fair chance to be successful...

No not coach Ross....But i know him pretty well as well /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

This is the last thing that I am going to say on this issue... Being qualified doesnt have "houston co. grad" in it... The two canidates from HC have been a head coach for high school basketball for a combined 2 two years(i belive that is right) And this is not saying that people shouldnt have a shot... And I believe that Coach moore is a qualified canidate... I have never once said that he wasnt, but i know that there are more QUALIFIED people that are interested in the job....Plus I believe that Ms. Harvey would never let this situation happen as well... Regardless if she says she has a say or not..She has the final say....along with the Board....

Example in hand,Bruce Pearl was well qualified to get the Memphis job....And they wanted him...But if Deam Smith, Roy Williams, or coach K would of wanted it....No longer was he the most qualified for the position...

Just look outside the box for a minute HC...You have a few very solid coaches very interested in the position... Dont push them away....I think Coahc Moore would do a very fine job, but just look at who else is interested and when they are hired, give them a fair chance to be successful...

GotGame, these people who are more qualifed and interested need to come and apply. We are still looking at 3, as far as i know. If the are that interested, then why are they dragging their feet?

Could you not get an argument started on another thread and came back to this one?

One other thing thats been bothering me, your spelling has " not got much punkin", I have been wondering if your a kid.

GotGame, these people who are more qualifed and interested need to come and apply. We are still looking at 3, as far as i know. If the are that interested, then why are they dragging their feet?

Could you not get an argument started on another thread and came back to this one?

One other thing thats been bothering me, your spelling has " not got much punkin", I have been wondering if your a kid.

basketball4me lets hold "gotNOgame" to his word. He said this is the last thing he is going to say about this situation. Thank God!!!How did the boys do at the MC camp today? Did they get their first win of the summer?

Not a kid, and I have not posted on any other thread...Was out of town on work this weekend and didnt have time to check coacht....Spelling is not the issue...Typing is, but I dont have time to edit these things on word...U get the point....If I was a kid, how would I understand the politics of HC better than all of u adults? And how would I know all these old people?

Like I said watch and see, Coach Moore could have Coach K resume...its not a matter of his qualification, its a matter of the politics that are brewing...But I also believe that other qualified people are INTERESTED(hence the word....maybe even look up the def.) in this job are more qualified for the position...

Now back to the subject.....I will not say i told u so later...Ill take care of that now....

Lets talk about the coaching position and stay on subject....

Not a kid, and I have not posted on any other thread...Was out of town on work this weekend and didnt have time to check coacht....Spelling is not the issue...Typing is, but I dont have time to edit these things on word...U get the point....If I was a kid, how would I understand the politics of HC better than all of u adults? And how would I know all these old people?

Like I said watch and see, Coach Moore could have Coach K resume...its not a matter of his qualification, its a matter of the politics that are brewing...But I also believe that other qualified people are INTERESTED(hence the word....maybe even look up the def.) in this job are more qualified for the position...

Now back to the subject.....I will not say i told u so later...Ill take care of that now....

Man, you just dont know when to shut up do you. I have no clue who you are and dont care but I do know this. You try and make these people think you are superior to them that you know so much more than them. Its a hoot and you are the reason I keep reading this thread. To see what nonsense you say next. I even have some of the people I work with reading now. They think your an idiot. These people know that coach is not going to get that job. They have said it repeatedly. Politics will keep it from him. They have said that. So you wont be able to say I told you so. I have reread this entire thread today and I personally think you just like to try and hurt people. If you are ever in Lebanon, post it on here. I will meet you somewhere. I want to see just how important you are. lololol

Most of the time these boards are used as a way to slander, gossip, or vent. I wasted most of this morning reading all of these posts, and feel ashamed to say that I am a Houston Countian after reading some of the horrible things "we" posted on here. You can look at my profile and see that I do not usually post- I think this is my third since I joined in 2003. I feel this idea of adopting a secret name allows people to say vicious and hurtful things about and to people that they would never say to someone's face. Houston County is my home, and I support Houston County athletics. I do not always agree with "selections", but I can always choose to be open, receptive, and positive in my remarks. I wish the best year for the boys team no matter who is selected to lead them, as well as to the girls, the football team, golf, tennis, baseball and softball, and yes, even cheerleading. If we ever get soccer and volleyball, I'll support them too!!

If you feel that way about "secret names" then why did you post on one? Also, if you are ashamed to be a Houston Countian then move. The "vicious" posts were not made by HC people. Read it again, oh, I forgot, it was a waste of your time. Positive in your remarks? Being ashamed of Hoston County people is positive?

Today is suppose to be the BIG day. Will HC do the right thing and hire a qualified LOCAL, or give away another one of our important positions to an OUT-OF-TOWNER? If I were the GAMBLER, I would bet the out-of-towner will choose the out-of-towner especially beings they already have an out of town working relationship from the past. You got to know when to hold them(LOCAL) and know when to let them walk away(OUT-OF-TOWNER)!!!!!

And politics wins out again. The Cox man was given the coaches job. Another stranger to add to the school payroll, another one of Ms Jolly old workmates. Ah well, boys, you had your say. You are to young to know the inner workings of admin, the game playing and back stabbing that goes on, and I pray that you never learn. It's ugliness. And today I am ashamed to be a Houston Countian, as was stated in an earlier post.

And now remember, play for the love of the game. Play for Irish pride. Play and make Moore proud of you. His heart was in this and with yall , and though it was the best decision, we all knew that they were not goinng to let it happen.

As for myself, I sure don't support the decision to hire an outsider when someone much more qualified was already in the system. But I know why, I just hope that poor Cox man does, and what kind of rats nest he has agreed to work in.

I don't know that I will support the coach, scouting reports, well........ time will tell. He has to prove himself.

But I do know that I support the team, and am proud of yall, no matter what happens. And with you boys I will stand. So stay strong and play hard.