Webb 2009

Govolsknox

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think Halls will play well Friday night. At this point I'm sure their pretty tired of losing and are going to go all out to beat Webb. There are enough kids who know each other on both teams to make this a battle of pride and bragging rights. Each team has athletes at the skill positions. From what I gather, Halls has made mistakes in each of their losses that could have turned the game around for them.

Webb will have to keep executing the way the have thus far on offense. Defensively, Webb's starters haven't created turnovers. Something that they should be able to do. They have some hard-hitting LBs and two safeties who are very good in space. With that combination they should have some takeaways coming their way soon. Will this be the game where Webb's defense makes a statement? Don't know... but it's going to happen before too long.

When I think of Halls I think of power football, big and strong up front on both sides of the ball. I don't think this describes Halls this year. IMO, Halls OL and DL will not match up with Webb well, and this will create havoc with the speed Webb has in the backfield. I do think Halls has some good athletes at the skill positions, but that won't be close to enough. IMO, unless Webb comes in flat or takes this game lightly, I don't see this one being very close.

I hope you are right....but you never know. If Webb plays like we are capable of we should get another great win. Go Spartans!

When I think of Halls I think of power football, big and strong up front on both sides of the ball. I don't think this describes Halls this year. IMO, Halls OL and DL will not match up with Webb well, and this will create havoc with the speed Webb has in the backfield. I do think Halls has some good athletes at the skill positions, but that won't be close to enough. IMO, unless Webb comes in flat or takes this game lightly, I don't see this one being very close.

Catholic will be the toughest game remaining on the schedule without question. The last two games are both region opponents (Davidson Academy - won the last 3 out of 4 state championships) and Donelson Christian Academy who beat Daviidson Academy two weeks ago.

Costly win last night as Webb lost it's top running back to an ankle injury. Someone will have to step up.

I hope it's not serious. It would be a shame to lose a major contributor this early in a promising season. Webb appears to be the real deal. We will see as the next few weeks progress, but the Catholic game sounds like it may be your only really tough game on the schedule. Am I missing something? DCA?? I don't think so.

I hope Webb can keep it up (since you don't play my team this year!) and that you get everyone healthy. The inexperienced line appears to have really stepped it up.

I will say that I didn't at all expect Halls to challenge Webb, but I didn't see total domination. Congratulations! :blush: