All-State

sportsfan09

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

okay....all state teams have been announced and quite frankly I am so very confused! How does a kid go 12 for 16 during a state tournament, make remarkable plays in the outfield and NOT make 1st OR 2nd team??? Someone please help me understand this.

I understand they go off of stats...........come on.....wonder how many coaches doctor their players stats, heck I know of many DADS that coach their sons in High School....but I don't know of anything else to go off of. Just gotta hope most coaches are honest...... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

okay....all state teams have been announced and quite frankly I am so very confused! How does a kid go 12 for 16 during a state tournament, make remarkable plays in the outfield and NOT make 1st OR 2nd team??? Someone please help me understand this.

I understand they go off of stats...........come on.....wonder how many coaches doctor their players stats, heck I know of many DADS that coach their sons in High School....but I don't know of anything else to go off of. Just gotta hope most coaches are honest...... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

How do you know the list is out and if so, who has the list?

I have to agree Newell had the biggest boast for DC to even make to the state when he hit the 2 run homer to tie Ripley in the region. He hit it off of one of the best pitchers in the state edenfield. And from what I seen in the box scores he dominated and DC would have not made it as far as they did unless he had come through when he did.

12 for 16 in the state tourney in 2A is awesome. Some of these guys that made it could not even make some of the teams in 2A in west Tn.

I was glad that DC won the state, that made 2A in west tn and Ripley look better since they beat us twice this year only by one run each game with the region game going into extra innings. And DC would not even had a prayer unless Nick hit that two run homer. You have to agree ! by far the edge DC had.

Its not what they did at the State Tourney. The process is cut and dry if they use the formula on the TBCA website. It is a summary of the whole season. You are right there are some stats that are blown up. Guess there is no way to police that.