best AAA catchers

sambataro1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure what happened to my post. but i was wondering about any of the AAA catchers. out travel team played a team the other day and i kid from cookeville caught named jared davis. had a cannon and a stick. i know he is from cookeville and hadnt heard much about him. anyone know anything about him and about the other AAA catchers?

excellent catcher one of the best blockers and he does have a hose wont get much catching at cookeville because of politics, would love to see him behind the dish more. which travel team do you play with

This kid is a great catcher! It is just too bad that he won't see the field behind the dish because of some ignorant reason or another. It is clear that this kid should start for Cookeville, but he won't. Great arm, blocks the ball extremely well and can absolutely rake. I feel bad for him. Maybe someone will wake up over there in Cookeville and play the right kids. No reason at all that they should not be in the Spring Fling every year. The talent is there and has been for years. Now that the districts have changed they should win it going away every year.

impressive group of catchers from knoxville this year 3 already commited to colleges

Ethan Bennett - Farragut (Tennessee)

Austin Below - Powell (Walters State)

Steven Monger - Oak Ridge (ETSU)

Broussard - Catholic (not commited but will play in college)

Does anyone have any idea where the Broussard kid will play, he goes to Catholic so Notre Dame a possibility? Or school in TN? Any ideas?

Broussard might go somewhere for basketball instead of baseball. I'm not really sure. He has a lot of options that are going to open up for him. He's probably the best high school athlete I've ever seen. You do not see too many 6'3" 175 kids playing catcher and being as good as he is at it. On the court though, he's just as good. So no one really knows. I'd love to see him playing college baseball because he has enormous potential. Imagine if he just focused on baseball instead of playing basketball year-round (with the exception of spring baseball) He could be dangerous.

Broussard might go somewhere for basketball instead of baseball. I'm not really sure. He has a lot of options that are going to open up for him. He's probably the best high school athlete I've ever seen. You do not see too many 6'3" 175 kids playing catcher and being as good as he is at it. On the court though, he's just as good. So no one really knows. I'd love to see him playing college baseball because he has enormous potential. Imagine if he just focused on baseball instead of playing basketball year-round (with the exception of spring baseball) He could be dangerous.

Ya i knew he was pretty good at basketball but i couldnt tell which one he would choose if any. I dont know about the Notre Dame thing but it's a sure possibility with this kid. I guess no one knows except people at school or whatever where he will sign if at all. Not bad if its Notre Dame or another D1 catholic school.

• 1 month later...

It is in the paper that Bennett will sign with the University of Tennessee in November. He must have some inside information that Todd Raleigh will not be returning after the 2009-10 season because few others want to play for the man. I wish Bennett well but he needs to wait this one out to make sure TR will be shown the door.

I wouldn't say "few others" want to play for Raleigh when they just had the #13 recruiting class in the country. Obviously somebody wants to play for him.

Pokey Lewis from Jefferson County is a pretty good defensive catcher as well as hitter. He has been all conference his soph and junior seasons. Pop time around 1.95 to 2.00. Not very big but great quickness and also has power. He had 4 or 5 home runs last season as well. Played fall ball for Desert Eagles. I understand some smaller schools as well as some jucos are looking at him. Has been overlooked but should get some attention in new IMAC.