best AAA catchers

sambataro1

Like to say I get excited thinking about a player like Ethan Bennett and the future in store for him. Has the physical tools to succeed at the next level even at UT and obviously plays at a place that will give him tons of looks. Shelton from Brentwood and Kukowski from cross-town Ravenwood are simillar cases defensively. Both are large, physical kids with big arms. While one could argue that Kukowski might move better, on the high school level the edge has to go to Shelton because of his offensive skills.

All three will be fun to watch in the upcoming season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Ian Kukowski is an absolute stud behind the plate for the Raptors. Very good pop time plus he has got a cannon. Don't run on him thats for sure :thumb:

Im gonna have to disagree with that one. I watched the kid play this summer with the Franklin Outlaws i believe.. and he was nothing special at all. He's good, and he knows the game. He's just not a standout player. And he does not have that good of stick

• 2 weeks later...

Im gonna have to disagree with that one. I watched the kid play this summer with the Franklin Outlaws i believe.. and he was nothing special at all. He's good, and he knows the game. He's just not a standout player. And he does not have that good of stick

I would have to disagree with you. I obviously gave my opinion on this kid before. He always knows what to do and makes some plays behind the plate that really make you wonder how much upside he has. He's big and athletic, just like Brentwood's Ryan Shelton. Seeing these two on the same field will be a lot of fun to watch.

I would have to disagree with you. I obviously gave my opinion on this kid before. He always knows what to do and makes some plays behind the plate that really make you wonder how much upside he has. He's big and athletic, just like Brentwood's Ryan Shelton. Seeing these two on the same field will be a lot of fun to watch.

Kukowski is a good player and by no means do i want to take away from his ability but him and Shelton shouldnt even be seen on the ball field. last year shelton lead the district with 12 dingers and i believe the new school record at brentwood. and defensively shelton got clocked at 90 mph and i dont think that Kukowski comes near there. should be another tough season for the district as always

What about Jake Todd at Independence. He has made vast improvements since last year. strong accurate arm, around 1.89-1.97 pop consistant. And he bats with contact, but has a chance to gather himself a good number of bombs. and hes only going into a junior season

Jake Todd is nothing special at all...His pop time may be that good but his arm is not good enough to consistantly get the fastest baserunners out...I also have never seen him hit the ball out of the infield much less drop a "good number of bombs". He's a good player but come on...no way a consideration for best AAA catchers.