TSSAA selects Cookeville!

Sequatchie

Not good for West Tennessee teams with extended travel plus I doubt they have the hotel space to accommodate. Of course we will miss playing at the "Skeeter" west but it's time to find a new home. Tech's football field will now be called "The Skeeter" On the Plateau. Wonder how the locals will react to having really good football in their town?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good for West Tennessee teams with extended travel plus I doubt they have the hotel space to accommodate. Of course we will miss playing at the "Skeeter" west but it's time to find a new home. Tech's football field will now be called "The Skeeter" On the Plateau. Wonder how the locals will react to having really good football in their town?

I would imagine that lodging space was something that TSSAA checked out early in the selection process. As for us locals, we can only hope to be inspired by the greatness of those like yourself.

And I would have thought Chattanooga would have been last being it is now where near centrally located.

Maybe not centrally located but out of the three it had the best facilities and surrounding attractions. Does TTU's stadium have luxury boxes? Its been years since I've been up there.

I think mtsu facilities are better but there should be plenty of lodging and restraunts to suit everyone, but no i dont think the press boxes have been updated since you last saw TTU years ago.

Do you really think their will be enough lodging? I'm sure it was considered but Cookville does not have the lodging tha the Murf has and it's not easy to get a room in the Murf. Cookville will be much closer for me but so I am OK with it but like any decision it doesn't come without controversy.

Get real I've never had any trouble getting a room in the Boro. There will be plenty of rooms available in Cooktown too. When was the last time you doubters were at Tech? Or driven by Cookeville on I-40, every kind of eating place you could need.

Besides, the way it goes, only teams in the championships will have fans there anymore, anyway!! There aren't enough of us that just go to see the games to fill a high school stadium anyway. The only problem for me is my wife won't be able to go to Nashville to "The Galleria Mall"

Cookeville wanted it more and they will do a good job, and everything will be just fine.

Get real I've never had any trouble getting a room in the Boro. There will be plenty of rooms available in Cooktown too. When was the last time you doubters were at Tech? Or driven by Cookeville on I-40, every kind of eating place you could need.

Besides, the way it goes, only teams in the championships will have fans there anymore, anyway!! There aren't enough of us that just go to see the games to fill a high school stadium anyway. The only problem for me is my wife won't be able to go to Nashville to "The Galleria Mall"

Cookeville wanted it more and they will do a good job, and everything will be just fine.

About 40 miles back toward N'ville you have an "Outlet Mall".

That's probably were my wife will end up. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It hasn't been the same for me since the championship left Vandy. Granted they couldn't play there anymore. Murfreesboro was an OK spot. At least I knew where to park for free. Cookeville is more of an unknown. I agree that a change of venue may provide a spark that the championship needs. (However if we didn't have 20 teams in a class and 20 different champions that would help more) Last time I went by the stadium I wondered if the championships would actually move there. I guess I know now. Smaller stadium, very adequate, not sure about parking, good restaurant choices (Bobby Qs right around the corner) and for me a very short drive like the Boro. If my team is in it, I don't really care.