TSSAA selects Cookeville!

Sequatchie

As Wingman10 pointed out it was about the money!

I do not have a problem with the selection though as Tech has as safe a field for the players as MTSU does and that is my first concern.

Now for the players AND Coaches, plans had better be made now for the chance of playing in SNOW as the plateau gets it much more than the Boro does. Plan now for the problem and it will not be a problem when the time comes.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ...There's a lot of posts about it being centrally located... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

People, People, People....Location has Nothing to do with it, It's all about the money. Always, Always follow the money.

Cookeville, good luck with it. But be ready because no matter how good of a job you do...There will always be detractors to deal with. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ...There's a lot of posts about it being centrally located... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

People, People, People....Location has Nothing to do with it, It's all about the money. Always, Always follow the money.

Cookeville, good luck with it. But be ready because no matter how good of a job you do...There will always be detractors to deal with. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

It is about money and if there are a lot of west tennessee teams in it they might lose money. The way the economy is right now and they push it even further than its been and up prices. Since its bein televised I think more west tennessee fans will stay at home and watch it rather than drive.

Field is high quality, no problems there. My concern (being a Tech Golden Eagle) is the dressing facilities. You need 4. 2 for the teams playing and 2 for the teams about to play. Tech has a locker room under east and west stadiums, but not much else. West stadium has some large areas, one that I know has been used as a locker room by high school teams, but not sure what else they have in there. No luxury boxes. I'm sure the TSSAA staff and perhaps some high donors will have the president's box and the handful of other boxes. Can't imagine there is any room for a hospitality room either. I really feel that part of this move is to try to cut out support for the Tn football coaches association and push coaches back into TACA. I'd lay a good bet that they will push for only TACA cards to get coaches in for free, unless they have decided to cut it out all together. Parking will be much better at Tech than middle, except for Thursday and Friday. They will have to close off parking lots and battle Tech commuters for the rest of the spots. Plenty of Hotels and places to eat for everyone. Easier town to get around in.

Go Tech!

As Wingman10 pointed out it was about the money!

I do not have a problem with the selection though as Tech has as safe a field for the players as MTSU does and that is my first concern.

Now for the players AND Coaches, plans had better be made now for the chance of playing in SNOW as the plateau gets it much more than the Boro does. Plan now for the problem and it will not be a problem when the time comes.

It is about money and if there are a lot of west tennessee teams in it they might lose money. The way the economy is right now and they push it even further than its been and up prices. Since its bein televised I think more west tennessee fans will stay at home and watch it rather than drive.

Not that there won't be any West TN teams at the championships because there most definitely will be (after all, there are 8 state championship games total for football again in TN), but I highly doubt there will be 8 of the 16 teams from West TN to make that be a large concern.

For example, in 2008, only 4 of the 14 teams that played in the state championship were from West TN (Milan, Mitchell, Harding Academy, and MUS). In 2007, only 3 of the 14 teams were from West TN (McKenzie, St. George's, and SBEC, which is technically from North Mississippi somehow). In 2006, only 3 (Jackson Christian, St. George's, and Evangelical Christian) out of 16 teams (Division II had three classifications from 2001-2006). Only 10 out 44 total teams over the last three years that played for the state championship were from West TN. Gotta get the numbers back up West TN!

I think mtsu facilities are better but there should be plenty of lodging and restraunts to suit everyone, but no i dont think the press boxes have been updated since you last saw TTU years ago.

Murfreesboro should have gone after it with more enthusiasm. This will be a disaster.

Are they playing the D-2 games there as well? If so, that's the dumbest thing I've heard yet considering 80% plus of the D-2 schools are Nashville west. Good luck drawing 200 fans for the D-2 small schools game there.

And what time are they going to start the 1A payoffs? Noon on Friday?

This entire playoff mess is going to be one huge catastrophe.

I never thought I'd say the T$$AA was going to miss King Ronnie, but I may already have been proven wrong.

Are they playing the D-2 games there as well? If so, that's the dumbest thing I've heard yet considering 80% plus of the D-2 schools are Nashville west. Good luck drawing 200 fans for the D-2 small schools game there.

And what time are they going to start the 1A payoffs? Noon on Friday?

This entire playoff mess is going to be one huge catastrophe.

I never thought I'd say the T$$AA was going to miss King Ronnie, but I may already have been proven wrong.

Yes, Division II will be playing at Tech as well, but a few weeks before Division I of course. I agree, I actually think it might be a good idea to spread all the championship games out geographically (i.e. D-II in Memphis, 1A and 2A in Clarksville, 3A and 4A in Cookeville, and 5A and 6A in Murfreesboro or something like that).

I know it will never happen because it would spread out the revenues too much, but I think that would be pretty neat and the sites wouldn't have to be permanent as far as which classification plays where. 4 permanent sites definitely, but rotate the classifications among the 4 different sites to keep it somewhat even as far as traveling distance.

Congratulations Cookeville- The TSSAA wanted change and Cookeville grabbed the opportunity. The attendance at the championship games the last few years has been declining- if you want the same results keep doing the same things.

Unfortunately Cookeville has not had a team in the championship game for decades- so highschool football at that calibur has not been seen in many years-I predict an entire community turn out for these games.

The press boxes are not as large as MTSU but rennovations will be done by December- plus I thought it was about the players anyway- not the executes and officials.

Dressing rooms- Tucker stadium has two- the 8,000 seat basketball arena/ Hopper Eblen across parking lot from Tucker stadium- along with beautiful student recreational facility with more large rooms- used for teams.

Hotels galore with dozens of national chain restaurants all neatly nestled in the same general area. Easy access to stadium from interstate.

Plus a community that is thrilled to have the games and people- compared to a community who has grown accustomed to having it their way!

Congrats Cookeville- David slayed two Goliath's this week and in December- Little Cookeville will host the best football teams in the state!

Get real I've never had any trouble getting a room in the Boro. There will be plenty of rooms available in Cooktown too. When was the last time you doubters were at Tech? Or driven by Cookeville on I-40, every kind of eating place you could need.

Besides, the way it goes, only teams in the championships will have fans there anymore, anyway!! There aren't enough of us that just go to see the games to fill a high school stadium anyway. The only problem for me is my wife won't be able to go to Nashville to "The Galleria Mall"

Cookeville wanted it more and they will do a good job, and everything will be just fine.

That's my thinking...a big HS Stadium would give it a packed play-off atmosphere. As small as Tech's Stadium is , it's still too big. Expand the visitors bleachers at Riverdale or one of the Murfreesboro Schools. The West Tennessee teams are gonna pitch a biatch. Cookeville is no where near the center of the state. It had to be about the money.