Pharr leaving Farragut

prepxtra

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a no-win situation for the next coach. All of farragut expects another state championship. Will they be disappointed in the new head coach if he doesnt deliver?

That is probably one of the reasons Pharr is leaving now. He said it was good timing.

I don't know about that...Wasn't his most talented pitcher last year a sophomore?

[bTW Sheila, going to miss playing you guys in the jamboree this year. Good luck in 2009]

Why would you miss playing us? You always beat us I bet Farragut is going to be down the next few seasons.

By down i mean only win the district and maybe region haha

I don't know about that...Wasn't his most talented pitcher last year a sophomore?

[bTW Sheila, going to miss playing you guys in the jamboree this year. Good luck in 2009]

His most talented pitcher was probably lefty cooper who was in the upper 80s and low 90s pretty consistently. And the team loses stallings, powell, thoreson, and others. These are some pretty big losses and there is some talent returning (bennett, pfeifer, delmonico, williams) the team will most likely under-acheive compared to the last few seasons. But we all know farragut cranks out talent. still very high expectations for their next coach.

That is probably one of the reasons Pharr is leaving now. He said it was good timing.

Actually it is. He told me 2 years ago that he did not go to CAK (before the 2007 season) because he had such a great bunch of players returning. 2 rings later, he goes.

For those who thought he recruted, he did not--but he can now.

For the CAK parents who think their kid is gonig to play for the "man"--get ready, you will be amazed at the players who will enroll at your school to play for Tommy.

His most talented pitcher was probably lefty cooper who was in the upper 80s and low 90s pretty consistently. And the team loses stallings, powell, thoreson, and others. These are some pretty big losses and there is some talent returning (bennett, pfeifer, delmonico, williams) the team will most likely under-acheive compared to the last few seasons. But we all know farragut cranks out talent. still very high expectations for their next coach.

I only saw Farragut play a handful of times, most notable in SportsBelle and in District tournament, but from what I saw, the williams kid may have been their best pitcher. He is big and strong and brings a true 90 fastball. I am not sure why he didnt get a lot of starts, maybe just depth of that staff. Pfeifer and cooper got all the press, and deserved so, but i think Williams will be big time next year.

so, i guess what I am saying is, the cupboard is not bare. At least not for one more year.