Pharr leaving Farragut

prepxtra

Did Pharr have enough years teaching to retire from the State? If so I can sse this move especially because he can double dip the income for a while. If he didn't retire from the State then he will be making a terrible situation financially, not personally or coaching wise that is up to his opinion not mine. You don't have near the retirement plan through private schools. I do not know his situation, I am just speculating between the 2 possible situations.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would you like to see Friendzz?

Not sure, I don't know enough coaches around the area. I think Bearden's coach wouldn't be a terrible choice seeing as how he played for and coached under Pharr. I don't think this would happen though. It would be the ultimate betrayal against Bearden, which would make me laugh. But honestly I am not really sure. I think one of the assistants at Farragut is trying to get a teaching degree, maybe he can become the coach? I wish they'd release a list of names of people interested in the job or something.. and some accomplishments, won't happen, but it'd be nice to see if some decent people actually want the job.

Not sure, I don't know enough coaches around the area. I think Bearden's coach wouldn't be a terrible choice seeing as how he played for and coached under Pharr. I don't think this would happen though. It would be the ultimate betrayal against Bearden, which would make me laugh. But honestly I am not really sure. I think one of the assistants at Farragut is trying to get a teaching degree, maybe he can become the coach? I wish they'd release a list of names of people interested in the job or something.. and some accomplishments, won't happen, but it'd be nice to see if some decent people actually want the job.

I tend to agree with you about Buckner at Bearden. If my memory is right, Bearden had very little tradition until he got there. Now he has at least one district championship, several second place finishes, and a first ever trip to M'boro for the school. He seems to be in the middle of building something good, so why leave now?

He may see the Farragut job as the next logical step to a state title (and who could question that).

I have to believe the job is attractive across the state, not just in Knox Co. I have been shocked at our "quiet" the search has been.

I tend to agree with you about Buckner at Bearden. If my memory is right, Bearden had very little tradition until he got there. Now he has at least one district championship, several second place finishes, and a first ever trip to M'boro for the school. He seems to be in the middle of building something good, so why leave now?

He may see the Farragut job as the next logical step to a state title (and who could question that).

I have to believe the job is attractive across the state, not just in Knox Co. I have been shocked at our "quiet" the search has been.

What do you all think about the talent coming to farragut now? I mean a lot of these kids can go to hardin valley now, and who knows, Pharr is so highly respected, some of those farragut people might decide to send their kids to CAK? This is just my prediction, but I think that the talent level wont necessarily go away, i just think that it will be a lot more distributed between the schools in that area. What do you think about this? Do you agree? object?

What do you all think about the talent coming to farragut now? I mean a lot of these kids can go to hardin valley now, and who knows, Pharr is so highly respected, some of those farragut people might decide to send their kids to CAK? This is just my prediction, but I think that the talent level wont necessarily go away, i just think that it will be a lot more distributed between the schools in that area. What do you think about this? Do you agree? object?

Agree. Farragut will still have plenty of talent, but there will be some that go to CAK or Hardin Valley IMO.

Agree. Farragut will still have plenty of talent, but there will be some that go to CAK or Hardin Valley IMO.

Not sure how the Hardin Valley school plays into all this, but i have no doubt some west knoxville middle schoolers are getting applications for CAK for baseball

Does anyone know who the top prospects are for this position? Why is Reynold's dragging his feet? Whoever he hires is a coach at another school, and he is leaving little to no time for that school to hire a new coach. Anyone have any insight to what is going on?

Does anyone know who the top prospects are for this position? Why is Reynold's dragging his feet? Whoever he hires is a coach at another school, and he is leaving little to no time for that school to hire a new coach. Anyone have any insight to what is going on?

He should contact Phil clark out of Bartlett- Things would get tight in the knoville area! There are some fine Coaches in west tn that would keep players at FHS!!!!!!!!!