Dobyns Bennett Football

So, if they inlist, they no longer have potential? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Well lets see here /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> . It's either go to college, Go to the armed forces or Work at Golden Corral. Which sounds to you like there is no potential there. It's multiple choice. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, about as close as those South fans are at figuring out who I am. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Next Week !!!! Football returns fans.The team will start in the middle of the week and end with two a days thursday and friday.Week after next will end with a scrimmage on media day against Halls.My biggest hope as a fan is for the team to get ready to play their first game and have as good a season as possible.My biggest hope as a parent,is that none of our guys get hurt while they play this very hard game for themselves,their school and all the fans that pull for the winningest team in the states history.Crank up the school song !! do the walk !! and Roll Tribe Roll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree Batman, I'm ready and I hope we go out strong and injury free! All the parents and fan will be there to support these guys I hope in full force!!!!!! This will be a great time to see a glimpse of the comming year. We will get to a look at both sides of the ball. ROLL TRIBE!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Did anyone see the first practice ? If you did,you seen even without pads what I was saying about Chris at linebacker.What a difference that can make with our defense! With Chris,Rusty and Jason there,Man! They would have to be rested,and we have a number of good players to do that,but what a linebacker group that can be.Our defense is built for speed,and Chris is a difference maker on both sides of the ball.Roll Tribe

Hello all! I am glad to be back in the swing, if not for a moment though. I've looked at Comp's remarks & plowboy's defense of him, and each person is entitled to their own opinion. Jimmy-The-Greek was fired from CBS for comments deemed racist in the 80's. He said that blacks were athletically superior because we were "bred" to be strong during slavery. He was WAY wrong if you know about science and the human body. A little free education......Genetics, in the form of having a higher proportion of "fast-twitch" fibres and more testosterone than whites, may predispose a black individual to run fast. But biology alone does not make champions. As well as graft, focus and a winning mindset, the forces which combine to set those fast-twitch fibres twitching in the direction of the school's sport cannot be underestimated. Over the years, most whites came from the upper northern parts of the world, colder climates yet good enough for vegetation to grow food. Africa is mostly a dessert-land in which Africans have to hunt and chase for food. You see, Jimmy-The-Greek was right as well as being so wrong in his assessment. It wasn't slavery, but a climatical difference in how our bodies are made. There are exceptions to every rule, but there are truths to what has been said. And don't think school recruits don't know this when it comes to filling a position for their team.

I tell you what, if what Im seeing is correct on the size of this years team this season ain't gonna' be pretty. I've seen middle schools with bigger players. Hope for 95 degree tempertures when we play Farragut.

I attended the practice tonight. You aint tellin lies. Thats the smallest team i've seen at D-B . They do have pretty good speed, but too early to tell about how much heart they have...hopefully their heart will overcome what they're lacking . They WILL be outsized though, on both sides of the ball. Im gonna pull for em win or lose. Im predicting 6-4...maybe 7-3.

I tell you what, if what Im seeing is correct on the size of this years team this season ain't gonna' be pretty. I've seen middle schools with bigger players. Hope for 95 degree tempertures when we play Farragut.

I attended the practice tonight. You aint tellin lies. Thats the smallest team i've seen at D-B . They do have pretty good speed, but too early to tell about how much heart they have...hopefully their heart will overcome what they're lacking . They WILL be outsized though, on both sides of the ball. Im gonna pull for em win or lose. Im predicting 6-4...maybe 7-3.

When DB went to Oak Ridge last year,they looked about half those guys size.They were!! This years offensive line is bigger from left guard to right tackle.We lost Church but moved Patrick to center.We won't have our small defensive ends playing right tackle like we did last year,and Hayworth is huge at left guard,as we move Cody to the right side.The only question I have is at left tackle.The coaches must be trying to light a fire under the bigger and stronger players competing there.On defense,we only have one true lineman and five linebackers.That's why I say it is so important to get Chris in there to help cover the ground,because Watson has a team built to stunt and blitz with speed.Farragut is one of the biggest and best teams in the state,and it will be a hard game for any team that plays them.Roll Tribe