Dobyns Bennett Football

Who you think will end up at the right tackle position?

Cory Hall

I knew that, Sorry I meant who at left tackle? Keller kid is #65. We are lacking in size but, I think we will do good this year. We have some very good athletes. I'm with ya, I wanna WATCH the crow picnic myself :huh:

I seen him,and he is a strong looking young man,but he has a big number to live up to.Not because I know Daddy Hayworth,but because his son is a big and strong kid in the middle and I like Him at guard.I think he will do well there and Cory is a good fit at right tackle.Left tackle looks to be the most wide open.The coaches make the moves,and will put the best young man for the job there.I thought it would be between Leaper and Mat.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My post about the size of the players wasn't ment to degrade the Indians. I thought I would kick off a discussion. I look at all these other teams and see all these big boys in the line and I can't figure out why a school the size of DB doesn't have bigger players. Even the local schools, Daniel Boone, Tennessee High, South etc. have much bigger lines than DB. It's not so much just this year either. It seems like as of late that is the pattern. I know more than likely we'll be able to out coach, out hustle, and even the playing field with speed against the local teams but against teams like Farragut who have equal speed and a big advantage in size we're going to be in big trouble. I just can't figure out where all the size has gone.

I know you are an Indian and no harm ment.We both won't agree with anything 100% of the time ! I seen where a young man at Bearden benched 185 nearly 50 times,and I bet a lot of pro's can't do that.Some of the schools around Knoxville and Nashville just have some beast.I heard we had a kid in the band that was huge and very athletic looking,but he doesn't play.To be honest,I don't know why we are not huge,but we do have very good size starting from left guard to right tackle.If you walk up to patrick ,Cory,hayworth and Cody.They will average 6'3'' 250 plus.Like I've said,we are small with five linebackers and one lineman on defense . Chris will count for two guys alone when he is in at linebacker this year.

Leaper is another one. He has the size but the hustle is not all there. Brenton is a great kid as well but he needs to get to work!!!

I don't see and hear everything the coaches do, and I know there are a lot of factors that go into the process.Brenton has the ability to be a good blocker,and he has size.I don't care who is playing where during a couple of games,we will have our hands full,so right now is the time for every player to show what he has. Throw out what you did last year and earn it right now.

I've seen some of these boys play in the past and one of my initial thoughts is how in the world can the Hayworth kid start at guard this year? I'm not knocking the kid by any means, but I've seen him play the last two years and although he's big and somewhat athletic, I would think he's too slow to play guard?? I just don't see him being able to pull and lead a ball carrier to the opposite side. I would have thought of him as a tackle. But, anyway, good discussion. Proceed. :huh:

I have not seen a practice yet, but i know one thing. Never underestimate the Indians! Year in and year out we are very competitive. And now with the new alignment, this will be true again. Regardless if we lose a game or two early on, we should cruise through the rest of the regular season if everyone stays healthy. Now, having said that, the playoffs might just bite us again. I don't know for sure who we might play against early on the playoffs, but playing a weaker schedule(sorry to the local schools-yes you to South) this is going to hurt come playoff time. The speed, size and athletic difference between our local schools and the schools we normally would play are very different. Maybe playing down in the regular season will give us some rest and we will be rested. But, another way to look at it is, we may not have the fluidity of our offense if this occurs. I'm not worried about the defense because of Watson. But the offense and Clark will again be the tell all story. Roll Tribe.............

I never look past anyone at anytime.There are games that look to be much harder,but if your Central{Yes Central}, you have to like where you fall on DB's schedule. Farragut ,Clinton,Central,Sevier county,and South.South beat Science Hill last year and we were lucky to beat Science Hill.Tennessee High gave us a very good game early and they allways have great athletes. In other words,we are going to have to play some ball to even reach the playoffs. I hope the game with Farragut is enough speed to never let anybody behind us deep and to get us going for the year.Roll Tribe

I never look past anyone at anytime.There are games that look to be much harder,but if your Central{Yes Central}, you have to like where you fall on DB's schedule. Farragut ,Clinton,Central,Sevier county,and South.South beat Science Hill last year and we were lucky to beat Science Hill.Tennessee High gave us a very good game early and they allways have great athletes. In other words,we are going to have to play some ball to even reach the playoffs. I hope the game with Farragut is enough speed to never let anybody behind us deep and to get us going for the year.Roll Tribe

I'm not through with Science Hill yet but so far I feel the Vikings are the favorite for the conference. They really have some athletes on offense. I think DB and South share a similar mentality in that they don't really come together until it's for the real McCoy. The preseason for South will report to be very concerning. I won't pay much attention to it. I look for the Steele kid to be the saving grace for the Indians.

I have not seen a practice yet, but i know one thing. Never underestimate the Indians! Year in and year out we are very competitive. And now with the new alignment, this will be true again. Regardless if we lose a game or two early on, we should cruise through the rest of the regular season if everyone stays healthy. Now, having said that, the playoffs might just bite us again. I don't know for sure who we might play against early on the playoffs, but playing a weaker schedule(sorry to the local schools-yes you to South) this is going to hurt come playoff time. The speed, size and athletic difference between our local schools and the schools we normally would play are very different. Maybe playing down in the regular season will give us some rest and we will be rested. But, another way to look at it is, we may not have the fluidity of our offense if this occurs. I'm not worried about the defense because of Watson. But the offense and Clark will again be the tell all story. Roll Tribe.............

No offense taken. We can say the same thing. Yes, even with the Mighty Indians on our schedule. B) Knox West might just end up being the best team we play in the regular season.

DB seems to always have trouble with Science Hill when we play them over there. I think its because they have the highest Gay population per capita in the United states. Its hard to stick to your game plan when your always having to watch your back. As for Tennessee High, Watson has always been able to confuse their offense so much that they just can't stay in a game with the Indians past the first quarter. I remember after that game last year one of their players was quoted as saying "I can't believe we just lost that game". I think score was something like 31-10. Well Duh!