If TSSAA wants to fix the attendance problem...

bobcatfan300

Move it to Cookeville. No one has mentioned how pathetic the parking has gotten at MTSU. If you don't get to park in the main parking lot, then you have to go out to the dairy farm and pay to park at the barn. TSSAA made a wise move with football. Do the same with basketball.

It likely is wise to let Cookeville absorb one of these before tackling the second one and let them see what is going on and whether everything is all right as host. A town will spend some money in infrastructure and city organization to hold one of these. It is quite impressive to see the area respond and its not the fear of the known that would be a problem, Cookeville will handle the known easily. The unknown, as usual, might take a little longer and the acceptance of fans to one of the great areas in the State.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

FYI, paid attendance:

DI Boys: 22,203 in 2008 and 15,383 in 2009

Union City wasn't there in 2009..... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Is this the start of the bid for Union City next spring. We all likley know the reasons for attendance drop in 2009 and with the same schools and the same conditions, it will not change much BUT it might change a little. I would say give Cookeville a chance to digest what they have and then talk to them.They will know then what is involved. Cookeville is a hot girls basketball area,

HOLD UP HOLD UP! lol....

bobcat, what about Gibson Co. who easily brought a couple thousand people to Murfreesboro (I'm guessing we had around 2000-2500 people there for the state championship)? Despite last year being our first state championship and first time to play in a state championship, GC fans have always traveled well with the team to the state tournament every time we've been. GC filled up half of the arena in the Murphy Center last year in the AA state championship. I'm sure TSSAA loves to hear when Gibson Co. makes it to Murfreesboro considering they love their money alot! I'm not upset with your posts, just making a voice for GC fans, lol.

Talent for the time being may be in the West, but the tradition is definitely in the UC.

Hold on there! The talent is still in the Upper Cumberland. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Look at your competition in neighboring counties.

• 4 weeks later...

This whole arguement is kind of weak. IF the fans that you speak of are so great in the area, then let them drive FARTHER, not shorter, cause they will. As for the best idea in my thinking is to have a three way rotation between an arena in west TN, mid TN, and east TN. Personally, I think that there is more to the whole slack in attendance, but that's another board.