If you had one wish

BatmanDB

I was just wondering what the average Dad,granddad,mom,grandma or anybody with a loved one playing sports would say to this. You have just one wish that will come true and these are the three picks.{Number 1}Your child is on a team that wins the state this year but never gets in a single game even though he or she is healthy and wants to play.{Number 2} Your child does good on a team that has a good year but doesn't win any championships.{Number 3}Your childs team stinks and he or she has a great year,with every school in the country making offers. To be honest,I would pick number 2 most of the time.PS.I should have put child instead of son on the topic

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wondering what the average Dad,granddad,mom,grandma or anybody with a loved one playing sports would say to this. You have just one wish that will come true and these are the three picks.{Number 1}Your child is on a team that wins the state this year but never gets in a single game even though he or she is healthy and wants to play.{Number 2} Your child does good on a team that has a good year but doesn't win any championships.{Number 3}Your childs team stinks and he or she has a great year,with every school in the country making offers. To be honest,I would pick number 2 most of the time.PS.I should have put child instead of son on the topic

I would pick 2. I think everyone agrees that it is fun to win, but i think you learn more from a loss. To be honest with you, the most fun i ever had as a kid growing up is when i was in little league and there was one season that we didnt win a single game, but that was the most fun i ever had on a team. We went out every week and did our best, but we just couldnt win a game. I wouldnt change that experience for anything.

I want my kid to be successful in sports, but i dont think it is good to win ALL the time.

Myself #3 Why if my child had a chance to get a free college education. But i would feel for other kids on the team but if they played hard and gave 100% thats all u ask for. Sometimes its not all about winning thats just part of life. I luv the high schools sports as good as anyone and look forward for fb and bb season every year. But a good education means alot more than winning fb or bb games. If he or she missed out on that chance it would be a tradegy because everone doesn't get that chance. As bad as the economy is now not people can afford to send their daughter of son to college. It would be a chance of a lifetime wasted they may not be able to make a good living after college if they didn't get that degree. The point is education is forever! Remember the key word on your post is average!!

Myself #3 Why if my child had a chance to get a free college education. But i would feel for other kids on the team but if they played hard and gave 100% thats all u ask for. Sometimes its not all about winning thats just part of life. I luv the high schools sports as good as anyone and look forward for fb and bb season every year. But a good education means alot more than winning fb or bb games. If he or she missed out on that chance it would be a tradegy because everone doesn't get that chance. As bad as the economy is now not people can afford to send their daughter of son to college. It would be a chance of a lifetime wasted they may not be able to make a good living after college if they didn't get that degree. The point is education is forever! Remember the key word on your post is average!!

My hope was that my son would develope some lifelong friendships and enjoy himself. The State Title was just gravy for him. It also helped him realize that teamwork is great and that helped him when he had to go to war in Iraq last year.

Thank you sir, and your son for his service to our country.

I would wish that all the best would occur, it is about my son learning lifes lessons. but I must be honest as much as I would like to answer 2 based on the choices you gave I would select 3, but this is an unfair question there are many great combinations that occur all the time.

I would wish that all the best would occur, it is about my son learning lifes lessons. but I must be honest as much as I would like to answer 2 based on the choices you gave I would select 3, but this is an unfair question there are many great combinations that occur all the time.

That's why I answered that I would pick number 2 "most" of the time.If my child was in the 10th grade and had two more years to play,Number 1 would be a much easier pick,but it would still take a very unselfish person to have that kind of power and set their child for the good of everyone else.I'm not a church going person,but I've heard a simular story from the bible.You have to be a very honest person to say that you would put your child above the team and do what's best for them alone.I'd say that most people would do that and very few would take the state championship.

I have a young son and daughter right now. I would like to think if they choose to play sports, that they would be as good as they could be. If that means they earn a scholly, fine. If it means they sit on the bench casue others are better, thats fine. I aint gonna live my dreams thru my kids. I want them to live there dreams and just let me be around to watch!

I have a young son and daughter right now. I would like to think if they choose to play sports, that they would be as good as they could be. If that means they earn a scholly, fine. If it means they sit on the bench casue others are better, thats fine. I aint gonna live my dreams thru my kids. I want them to live there dreams and just let me be around to watch!

I understand that well.I have enjoyed my kids in sports as well as any number of events since my first son was born 28 years ago.My oldest son would not play basketball for the coach at his highschool,but I still went to his interschool games that they had once a year just to support him.Yes,I was the only parent there and yes I camcorded the game. Years ago,my second son had a dodgeball championship game before his sixth grade classes even took up in the morning.I camcorded that and once again I was the only parent there.My youngest son had his field day again this year,and yes I burnt vacation to camcord that.I too enjoy my kids more than life itself.I've had the joy of seeing my kids do little things like this on up to some pretty big time things.Nothing gives me greater joy however,than just letting them know that I love them and I'm proud of them nomatter what they do in life.