Maury County Girl's Basketball

BulldogGrowl

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dead period for basketball is not over. : no open facilities. Check with the TSSAA and see if i am correct.

Here are the actual rules. Dead period is over, but very little is suppose to be done with basketball until after the next basketball dead period.

http://www.tssaa.org/Handbook/2008BkCalendar.pdf

End of school until June 21, 2009 15 days of practice permitted, 10 of which may involve

competition

June 21, 2009 ?– July 4, 2009 Dead Period

July 6, 2009 ?– July 25, 2009 Weight training and conditioning permitted. No open

facilities and no practice.

What's wrong with Hughes? They won with him before. I think he carried them to the region tourney.

Lets see;

01-02 he went 7-17

02-03 he went 6-21

03-04 he went 8-19

04-05 he went 12-14

05-06 he went 3-23

36-94 over his last 5 seasons

thats why. Nothing is going to change until you make a change.

Lets see;

01-02 he went 7-17

02-03 he went 6-21

03-04 he went 8-19

04-05 he went 12-14

05-06 he went 3-23

36-94 over his last 5 seasons

thats why. Nothing is going to change until you make a change.

What change do you want? Someone to take a program that has NEVER won and make them a champion? I'm sure they want that at MP too. How many championships have the junior high girls won during that time? There has to be some talent and community support to win. I don't think a girls sport in MP has ever won anything? Correct me if I am wrong. Apparently they can't hire anyone who can coach!!!

What change do you want? Someone to take a program that has NEVER won and make them a champion? I'm sure they want that at MP too. How many championships have the junior high girls won during that time? There has to be some talent and community support to win. I don't think a girls sport in MP has ever won anything? Correct me if I am wrong. Apparently they can't hire anyone who can coach!!!

I maybe wrong here.... BUT I do think the jr high teams have had some good seasons over the past few years. Like I said I maybe wrong there too. I know I am going far back here; in the late 70's, eraly 80's (82-83-84) they had a few substate appearances. During the Tammy Cole & Beth Brown era they won ball games, played region games, district games and some sub state games. Talent is here in Mt Pleasant you just have to get the kids involved and wanting to play. Coach Grooms just got the girls in playing some AAU ball and attending some camps then she was replaced with with some one who did have winning seasons himself. As far as community support, you have to win to get that and everyone knows it.

You answer this questions, Why put someone in the spot that did not have a winning his last five seasons at Mt Pleasant? Do you think Hughes will make the a champion?

People at Mt. Pleasant need to demand the same thing that the parents at Richland demanded. They started talking about Title 9 and changes started being made. Girls athletics at Mt. Pleasant have been ignored since they began the school in 1970. There's no way that the current administration can justify giving that coaching job to Eric Hughes. He's the one responsible for where the program is now. He ran it in the ground. He's there to draw a check and that's it.

People at Mt. Pleasant need to demand the same thing that the parents at Richland demanded. They started talking about Title 9 and changes started being made. Girls athletics at Mt. Pleasant have been ignored since they began the school in 1970. There's no way that the current administration can justify giving that coaching job to Eric Hughes. He's the one responsible for where the program is now. He ran it in the ground. He's there to draw a check and that's it.

Only in Mt Pleasant you can find recycled coaches & recycled City Commissioners. One only has one winning season in the sports he has coached and the other get elected by into office after stepping down a few months prior because he punched a fellow Commissioner.

I would say that the people around Richland wouldn't agree about the Title IX idea. I agree female athletics need to be treated the same; however, it starts with the community putting stock into what is going on. Athletes have to start playing not whining about working hard. Athletes have to wanna compete not be given what they want. This is what's wrong with female programs in Maury County schools. The best athletes don't play because of social activities, dislike of players, or dislike of coaches who demand high expectations. Don't jump into a legal battle when you can fix it on your own!!