The Division II-A Preseason Coaches Poll

neyland

I know Webb returns Blance in the back field. Just based on him now being a Sophomore, I really like them. Did they return a good bit of last years team or did they lose alot?

I think Webb graduated both lines so they will have to fill those holes. If these new starters don't step up, then it could be a long season for the Spartans.

Offensive skill positions are solid with Blance leading the way. The fullback position should be in very capable hands while the other wingback position is up for grabs among 3-4 talented runners. Quarterback is a junior who has started since his freshman year.

Defense looks very solid at LB with guys who are experienced as most likely all 3 will be seniors. DBs are solid as well with 3 seniors most likely leading the way as returning starters. The two returning safeties are very good. Both are tall and fast ball hawks who can also bring the lumber on run support.

I think they return their kicker but graduated the punter.

Below is the Top Five teams according to coaches in Division II-A. Murphy Fair's Tennessee HIgh School Football Magazine has gone to the printer and will be released in mid-July.

1 ECS

2 Davidson Academy

3 Knoxville Webb

4 USJ

5 Jackson Christian

Wonder where SBEC and St George will end up or where are they predicted to finish? I know both teams went through a rebuild last year. Just wondering.