District 13AA

cdja1991

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doubtfull there will be any recruiting wars. with the success UTM is in line to have and the fact they are a D1 program that will pretty much leave Campbell and UU to the left overs or finding new hunting grounds. Just look at the situation now.... Mc Millan has/is getting em all and UTM isnt even worth a crap (as of this minute going off last few years). Campbell was the most upset man in TN when Mc Millan got that job b/c he knew what was about to happen! LOL... my 2cents.

Not to get this thread way off topic, but with Glenn committing to UTM, that makes seven commitments (by my count) for McMillan in his first summer on the recruiting trail. Very Impressive!

He's also recruiting statewide as well! He's also bringing in girls that are proven winners and have played at a championship level which will make a big difference. I also hear of a school down in SouthWest Arkansas that has 2 D1 players that are proven winners as well, right Coach Harshaw :thumb: ????

By the way, Coach McMillan went out and put some major D1 schools on his schedule this coming year as well! UTM will be traveling to Bloomington Indiana to face the Indiana Hoosiers. They are also going to be heading to Rupp Arena to face the Kentucky Wildcats. Marshall University is the 3rd major D1 school Martin will be facing this year. Coach McMillan, you're doing awesome! Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!

I was very pleased to see Kevin brought in at UTM and what he's done with recruiting and the local talent that is set to come doesn't shock me in the least. Coach already knows the college game from his days at MTSU and will have the ladies at UTM on a competitive track much sooner than later.

As it relates to this 13AA thread- a couple of his verbal commitments in the Heathers (Butler & Grifffin) still lead a very talented defending state champion GC Lady Pioneer program along with Ms.Reedy. Yes- they should be the favorites to win again because of 1) the returning talent, 2) a core group of role players that will contribute and 3) they have a coach who knows quite a bit about the game and has been there before. DA VIEW will be back and very competitive as will the Lady Rebs of OC with a new head coach and a great work ethic :blush: Milan has Ms.Glenn who will keep them in the mix and don't forget about the Lady Trojans of D'burg who are always well coached. With newcomers Haywood, Covington and Ripley coming in this is a much deeper 13AA talent pool than we've seen in many years. I'm looking forward to some classic battles in the 2009-10 season :oops:

The boys basketball coach at UTM needs to keep in mind what McMillan is doing. I know that they have the two, young men from UC on the team; but he needs to go after all the local talent that he can. That is, if he wants to be successful, and draw crowds to the boys games. I have been very glad to see the football coach go after local boys. It's a good thing, and it's been long overdue. Finally, somebody is getting smart at UTM, and realizing that the local talent will not only help you win games...like at Union U....but also will make people from this area want to attend games.

Fact is the boys talent around RURAL west tn isnt on a level that the boys at UTM could solely recruit there and be successful with that talent. How many state championships have been won by w. tn mens teams.... two by uc and two by Liberty and thats about it in the last 10-12 years??? ... now, how many girls??? Most of the college talent in mens is DII, NAIA, or JUCO and the ones that are legit D1 will go to larger schools such as Prather, Chism, Kemp, etc. Get the one or so local guys around that can help but the majority will come from outside w. tn.