Amy Brown steps down at TTU

jimbo44

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little to late to hire the person that could turn Tech around in the shortest amount of time. That being Kellie Jolly Harper. NCState's pay scale may be more than Tech wants to pay?

Jim Brown is someone who could prepare the team to win. He is just a solid fundamentalist type coach. The question is, can he recruit? Can he keep the local talent home? If so, he could be who Tech needs. Matt Insell, also comes to mind. A proven recruiter and someone who has an in with local talent and can go out of state recruiting when needed. Who ever the hire is, that coach needs to mix and mingle with the local high school coaches and plug up the talent drain from the area.

Can Jim Brown recruit? May be the funniest thing I ever read!!

Allison Clark would be a tremondous hire for Tech. She comes from a great program, was a very successful player at Tech, has a coaching background and is a great recruiter.

Plus she has the ability to sell the proram to the Cookeville community as well!

It's my understanding that the attendance has really dropped off.

If she got the job it would be a huge loss to Coach Rick Insell's staff at Middle Tennessee though!

I may have missed something but is AB kin to JB? And the second, Why is the Cookeville community not supporting TTU? TTU doesn't even recruit Cookeville High School though so I understand. Missed a great DIV I volleyball and a very good Post in ladies basketball. Players may want to get away from home though.

Could the last name on the door of the new head coach still be Brown?[/size]

Will NOT be Jim Brown /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Will NOT be Jim Brown /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This question will haunt us 'til they pick and there after. Who has submitted resumes?

That won't be public knowlege but it would be interesting to know. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

The men's program hit paydirt a few years ago when they hired Lebo. But, the grass was greener...... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

That occurence appears to be rare in the womens game. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />