Amy Brown steps down at TTU

jimbo44

I believe a person has been offered the job and accepted it, no contract has been signed because the coach wants to advise their previous employer and tech has a procedure they follow on all new hires.

I think you are wrong this time.

I think the athletic department is taking a closer look.

I'll bet we will see an interview list in less than a week.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

60-70 applicants is not a huge number considering the quality job that it is. It was not long ago that Worrell made this a great spot. There were very few DI head coaching vacancy this year...you would think more would have come after this job although the pay is not great. The OVC is a great league and I hope for us Tech fans that they get it right. From what I have heard and it is strictly second hand not a primary source is that they have narrowed it down to a final four and interviewed are to start this week. If the pay was more they could have perhaps attracted a top SEC assistant or a big name.

Rebel, I thought 60 to 70 was a lot, maybe I'm wrong. How many applicants generally apply for head coaching jobs at mid-major div 1 schools? I'm not being sarcastic I would like to know, so us Tech fans can tell what the perception out there is. I know Tech has been one of the most successful basketball schools over the last 15 years, but the last couple may have really hurt the perception of the program. Also do you think they would be willing to pay more for a big name coach? Didn't they up the salary for their football coach?

I believe the salary will be between 83,000 and 88,000...trust me I would love to make that kind of money! Not sure what football makes? But I do know that the salary for some top assistant in the SEC will be 50,000 more. Im sure they can not generate the funds for a big name Im reaistic but there are very good coaches still available from what I understand Tech will get a good one!

I think around 70 is a good number since this job opened up so late. I know at smaller schools like DII or NAIA they will have over 100 plus applacations but everybody willl apply for those. I think TTU is a great job and in the past TTU paid around 85,000 plus. The kicker with TECH is the camps you can make around 20,000 to 30,000 in camps also. They will get a good coach and if that list is correct those all are very good coaches. I dont think they could go wrong in any of those coaches. The short list looks pretty promising.

The rumored short list:

Dean Walsh-Carson-Newman

Tony Cross- Belmont

Mike Bradbury- Morehead State

Allison Clark- MTSU asst. TTU grad

Sytia Messer- Ga.Tech associate head coach.

This may not be the final list, but it gets people google happy!

Thanks to Thomas Corhern for his article in the Herald-Citizen, check Links on here.

The rumored short list:

Dean Walsh-Carson-Newman

Tony Cross- Belmont

Mike Bradbury- Morehead State

Allison Clark- MTSU asst. TTU grad

Sytia Messer- Ga.Tech associate head coach.

This may not be the final list, but it gets people google happy!

Thanks to Thomas Corhern for his article in the Herald-Citizen, check Links on here.

Is TTU really a better job than Belmont considering everything?

And if so, why?

until a few years ago the Tech job was far supperior to belmont, but in last few years with conferance affliation and success in men and women's program Belmont has made strides while TTU has deminished somewhat.I sure hope Tech gets back to top of OVC a conferance who is also going down.