South @ Knox West

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any prognostications? Kickoff is 36 days away!

Well, if we can get someone who hasn't been wounded in the "Who's the best team in Knox and Anderson county" war then maybe we could compare position to position without too much fanfare. Pretty cool way for you to see what South has '04. It keeps the local persona out of it. We should start with QB and go all the way through the secondary. But normally this kind of debate ends with "our RB will kill you". Who knows, maybe we can communicate with each other and have some interesting conversation. I feel West should begin since they are supposed to be stronger than us. So how about it Knox West...let's talk positions. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Well, if we can get someone who hasn't been wounded in the "Who's the best team in Knox and Anderson county" war then maybe we could compare position to position without too much fanfare. Pretty cool way for you to see what South has '04. It keeps the local persona out of it. We should start with QB and go all the way through the secondary. But normally this kind of debate ends with "our RB will kill you". Who knows, maybe we can communicate with each other and have some interesting conversation. I feel West should begin since they are supposed to be stronger than us. So how about it Knox West...let's talk positions. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

There always has to be an evil motive behind my posts. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Here are some highlights of West's Austin Sowell.

by position....hmmmmm well another year under his belt and a year wiser francis is looking better and more poised at QB.....the RB's are stronger than ive seen at west for year....seniors williams and simmons are ready to make their senior year a memorable one, and junior freeman is ready to step in if needed......the wide reciever are strong again with seniors gyebison and baylosis leading a outstanding group of recievers......west brings back all 5 starting linemen from last year.....with kolinsky, reid, and sowell standing out.....the defense brings back most of its starters from last year west lost 2 linebackers a corner back and the nose guard but have plenty of guys willing to step in and fill in....and with thompson back to kick the special teams is well just special......look for him to put it through the uprights off the kick-off again......south ur up

by position....hmmmmm well another year under his belt and a year wiser francis is looking better and more poised at QB.....the RB's are stronger than ive seen at west for year....seniors williams and simmons are ready to make their senior year a memorable one, and junior freeman is ready to step in if needed......the wide reciever are strong again with seniors gyebison and baylosis leading a outstanding group of recievers......west brings back all 5 starting linemen from last year.....with kolinsky, reid, and sowell standing out.....the defense brings back most of its starters from last year west lost 2 linebackers a corner back and the nose guard but have plenty of guys willing to step in and fill in....and with thompson back to kick the special teams is well just special......look for him to put it through the uprights off the kick-off again......south ur up

Looks like West is poised for a good year. They'll have to be in order hang with teams like Farragut and Maryville. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

As much as I hate to...realistically...

Knox West wins 30-20.

South Defensive Backfield is beat badly early to put South on their heels all night.

West puts everybody on BT and neither South QB can get anything going.

South finally wears them down up front in the second half, but it is too little too late.

Hoping I have to use the edit button before kickoff.

/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I take it your QB is under center? As you know, we run the spread sometimes. Sr. QB St. Clair is a mathmetician...reads D's well and makes decisions accordingly. Father was a star QB at DB in the 70's. Jr. QB Hayden has been labled "the next Curt Phillips", can thread the needle and throw 65 yards. The jury is still out on the starter. Sr. TB Taylor is a scat back with field vision...turns on a dime. A bit slow by D1 standards but quick as lightning and at 5'8" 185 is a cannonball...can catch also. Sr. WR Watterson is a 15 sec. hurdler with open field jets. Sr. WR Zanoni is a catchall do all player with medium speed. Offense returns 6 starters with a completely new backfield and new go to WR. Down linemen plus TE's are vetrans. Defense is where the meat and potatoes are. All vetrans with exception to 2 secondary. Good front 4. New PC. Soccer dude who puts it in the endzone. Not much experience. WR corp is 6 deep. RB corp is 4 deep. QB corp is 2 deep. linemen are 2 deep. We rely on quick strike capabilities. The D will keep us in the game with you. The O is still in the oven. We don't rely on one facet. What is the average weight of your O line?

As much as I hate to...realistically...

Knox West wins 30-20.

South Defensive Backfield is beat badly early to put South on their heels all night.

West puts everybody on BT and neither South QB can get anything going.

South finally wears them down up front in the second half, but it is too little too late.

Hoping I have to use the edit button before kickoff.

/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Jhilts...I think we bring one superior thing to the table. Conditioning. I agree that West is bigger, stronger, and probably faster. Turnovers will be crucial. I think it to be closer.

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I see right through this /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

You guys are so easy to figure out. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I see right through this /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

You guys are so easy to figure out. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

So give us a score. I know you want to. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

just curious tell us about west next 2 top canidates feeling in the LB's shoes?

just curious tell us about west next 2 top canidates feeling in the LB's shoes?

One of the LBs will be Preston Williams who moves from SS. Tanner Thompson will replace him there giving speed to the secondary. The other LB is anyone's guess maybe Kareem Bushnag who is a heavy hitter much like Williams only a tad slower and is a little vertically challenged will win the spot, or Fulton transfer Adam Bowman who saw a little pt last year.