Pirates scrimmages

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seen SP VS Bradley. SP seemed not to be polished on offense, they moved the ball well at times but seemed to sputter. I guess that expected early in the season. The defense did not give up much at all Bradley went back instead of forward. SP had one defense player go out with knee injury that did not look good. Sorry can not tell you who they had no numbers on uniforms. The format that was used at the scrimmage did not seem to favor the offense. They had 10 plays to go 80 yards. Sorry thats all I can tell you.

SP moved the ball very well against Bradley. The field was very wet and there were a couple of muffed snaps. Each team had only 10 plays and SP moved the ball up the field and did not give up much to Bradley. They moved the ball very well against McMinn Central and East Ridge as well. East Ridge was the weakest team there IMO.

SP's line starters are as big as any of the schools they played and their skill people are better. They just don't have the line depth of some of the larger schools. SP is actually very big on both lines of scrimmage with their starters. Their tight end did not play and he may be the best prospect on the team. I think he had some dental surgery. I believe coach Wilsons boy played tight end yesterday and he will be a good player for them.

I would like to see them be under center more. All of the snaps were shotgun except for goal line. Field conditions were similar to playoff conditions.

If Robinson stays healthy they will be very very good - especially in the playoffs.

I am not an alumnus just an observer so I am not a SP homer. I actually went to one of the other high schools that played yesterday - many years ago.

Thanks for the up date buc55 its good to hear from a know pirate cause it wouldve been a excuse on why a certain thing went that way!!!

Old Pirate says git back on that medication ther Fence Jumper. OP says needn't worry bout the speedway boys jest yet..... Most feel they'll be a force and ear hole most teams. Talking bout making excuses, OP wonders if you ever got ear holed while wearing pads? Most likely some excuse coming so lets have it...........Fence Jumper. :thumb:

Thanks for the up date buc55 its good to hear from a know pirate cause it wouldve been a excuse on why a certain thing went that way!!!

Old Pirate says git back on that medication ther Fence Jumper. OP says needn't worry bout the speedway boys jest yet..... Most feel they'll be a force and ear hole most teams. Talking bout making excuses, OP wonders if you ever got ear holed while wearing pads? Most likely some excuse coming so lets have it...........Fence Jumper. :thumb:

You refer to fence jumping lol thats funny you need to have that tradmarked one day . I never jumped ne fence i bleed orange and black but under the position lil Brother still wears Purple . Hope thats a good excuse.

I frankly was disappointed. With all the hype, I would have thought they would have dominated a team picked last in their district. BC/SP had two series on long field. 0-0 on both. Both showed sparks at times. Both scored during goal line situations. The only time I saw BC go back was on a late hit and a retaliation call. By the way, if a big lineman pancakes you, It might not be a good thing to try to hit him in the crotch. It could be a senior lineman who is also a heavy weight wrestler :thumb: