11AA

ksgovols

With the varsity if you were keeping score you'd say that Lipscomb won 21-7. Again though, it is a scrimmage so why keep score? The Cubs really competed hard and got after it yesterday for the most part. These youngsters are showing a lot of effort with each passing day. There were a few mistakes that can and will be corrected by the coaches but overall, as a fan, I am very proud of what these guys can accomplish if they stick with it. The final preseason test is the jamboree this weekend and it should be interesting seeing as how we are playing Jo Byrns (the defending 1A State Runner-Up).

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a pretty good outing against a 4A powerhouse like Lipscomb. The positive in playing stronger teams are the takeaways and what you ultimately learn from it. Good luck in the Jamboree on Sat.

Harpeth made some adjustments after last week's 21-7 loss to East Lit so we'll get to see how those changes translate against Greenbrier.

Harpeth defeated Greenbrier 14-0, and the Greenbrier JV defeated Harpeth JV 7-0.

The first Harpeth score came on a 12 yard pass completion from Jeremy Roark to Dakota Seagraves. The second score came on a 60 yard Roark to Perry Horkins pass play. Harpeth had some nice runs during the game by Travis Tice. The Greenbrier offense was not able to move the ball on the ground with any success against the Indians. The Bobcats did manage some pass completions for 1st downs.

Good luck to all the teams in their Jamborees on Friday and Saturday!

Yes Jake Hale is out for the year as is Michael Purcell another starter. Hale will be replaced by a sophomore Will McCleod. He looked ok in scrimmage with collinwood which Waverly won 1 score to 0 when the starters played for both teams. Remember though, he had not started at qb in a while, this was his first contest under center in a while. I saw improvement as the scrimmage went on. When the second teams came in Collinwood handled Waverly pretty good. Waverly will be really small this year with the loss of 7 or 8 of their lineman. Some good skilled players return but it is a huge loss of qb Hale. There is the potential though for some good games by this Waverly team but a whole lot to overcome. Whatever is the mindset of the team. They need to think positive and if so they can be successful. I believe they will be stronger than last year and quicker. But remember, you got to play the games.

Losing Jake Hale is a huge loss for the Tigers. You just can't replace his experience and athleticism, and unfortunately, you have to play the hand your dealt. No doubt Waverly will scrap and fight just the same. They always do. Teams still have to account for Bercik and he is very talented. Waverly always comes to play, and they play hard so teams cannot think because the Tigers have lost Hale and some good linemen that things will get any easier.

Papatiger, what's your take on this year's Camden team? I know they lost a number of starters on both sides of the ball, but they return a few key players.

Camden won their Jamboree against West Carroll 26 or 27 to 6...I lost track. Camden had a few long pass plays that looked good, hope we actually use them during the season, uh ummm.... :thumb:

Jordan Murphy (lineman) is a beast for Camden, just a friggin beast. He was my favorite player last year as a sophomore and is even bigger and better this year...he was in on every tackle and every busted play. Devon White( RB) too...gonna be a whole lot of the offense for the Lions this year. Granted it was West Carroll we were playing and its hard to judge but we looked decent. Next week against McKenzie these young Lions will find out what they're made of for sure. I'm ready to get this show on the road...Go LIONS!