11AA

ksgovols

Bad news tonight for the Cheatham Co Cubs losing their star running back Shaun Montgomery for the year with a torn ACL in the 1st period of their jamboree against Jo Byrns. He was trying to turn the corner on a sweep and got held up by a JB defender, and while still battling for yardage, two more JB defenders came in and turned him backwards. Such a shame for this talented young man who was being taken to the hospital immediately after the game.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaun Montgomery did suffer a major knee injury tonight and it's an unfortunate blow to the Cubs football team. It just seems like the position is cursed seeing as how Joe Rinehart broke his ankle last year during the preseason heading into his senior year and even though he was able to come back and play later in the year the effects of the injury were still there and he wasn't able to shoulder the load much like he had done as a junior in 2007. Last year Shaun Montgomery really stepped up for the Cubs and rushed for 800+ yards and also led the defense in total tackles. He did this as a sophomore last fall. He was poised to have a big time junior year and while tonight will put him on the shelf for a while I do expect to see him ready to go back to work and have a big time senior season in 2010. I hope that the guys realize that this injury is not the end of the world and that life does go on. The regular season starts this upcoming week and nobody is going to cry and feel sorry for the Cubs because of an injury. Shaun will be there to support his team throughout the season and the guys will continue to play regardless of him not being on the field this season.

With injuries to Shaun Montgomery & Jake Hale this preseason it just goes to show anyone that sometimes these things do happen and they can happen to the "best players" on any/every team. Hope everyone else was able to make it through the preseason fine and with week zero finally being here it is officially football time in Tennessee.

Hate to hear it for Montgomery....although it gives someone else a chance to step up, you hate it for a kid that has worked hard all year to not even be able to step a foot on the field in the regular season. Glad he's got another season to look forward to though, unlike Hale who's final season will spent on the sidelines. Hope he recovers and comes back strong next year...good luck to that young man.

It is my hope that we don't see any more injuries like this. These are devastating injuries.....to the players and to their teams. We all want to see competition among our teams when they are at their absolute best, and not when they have lost players to injury. Teams do what they have to do and they find ways to move on in spite of their injuries.....but it's unfortunate any way you look at it.

I sincerely hope we don't see any more injuries to the players of any of our teams this season.

Outofbounds, you asked me my take on Camden. From what I hear they lost several players and are not quite as big this year. That's the good news. The bad news is I hear they are quicker and just as talented if not more talented. So they will be very good again this year. They are well coached and they have an excellent program there that the kids have bought into. So they should be extremely tough.

ksgovols, Purcell has a leg injury that will keep him out this year.

I think this will be a good year for the District with some really good games. I am glad for the shake up in one way as old rivalries are renewed and less travel but not really sure about the playoff format. Could be a mess. But look forward to seeing all you guys again this year. I will once again be play by play guy for Waverly on wqmv, AM 1060. Look me up at the games, would love to see you guys. Good luck to everyone this year and I hope the injury bug stays away from everyone else on all teams.

It will be interesting to see how Harpeth fares in Friday's Jamboree against 5A West Creek. From sources who have seen them, they are among the fastest of the Clarksville schools. I believe the Harpeth coaches will use it as a barometer to see where they're at from a competitive standpoint heading into next week. Good luck Indians!