7AAA Preseason Prognostications

PHargis

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much about all the teams. I know that Smyrna was really good last year. I know Lavergne was good. I can't imagine that there are two teams better than Riverdale and Blackman. I don't know enough to know who graduated from other clubs. I do know that Riverdale has alot back and will be one of the top teams in the state and that Blackman has a lot returning and will be one of the top teams in the state as well. What a season it will be. Siegel will also be good and Oakland is coming too.

7AAA teams are:

Columbia

Franklin Co.

Lawrence Co.

Lincoln Co.

Shelbyville

Tullahoma

Districts 7AAA & 8AAA are Reg 4

Actually, the Murfreesboro area schools are still 7AAA, and the Shelbyville, Lawrence Co. etc. district is still 8-AAA. That's an error on the TSSAA website that they haven't bothered to correct for many months now.

Your posts are correct and hopefully tomorrow's posting of the vehicle for schedules will finish this saga. As you realize, nothing official has been posted although along the line, someone did post as a spokesman for one of the Board Of Control that it was orginally posted as a typo and no one caught it. You do understand, I would suspect, that reorganization of Districts are emotional events and have been this time when you consider 7 has been the way it was forever it seems. Its not exactly true the Rutherford Schools have been 7 for decades, some have. Some have been 9 and I'm sure they have emotions and Lebanon going to 9 ikely was emotional and Cookeville, White and Warren going to 6 and Coffee going from 8 to 6 was emotional. No one wants to step on anyone elses emotions. All of these schools, while full of tradition, are pragmatic enough to roll with the punches with change.

While these schools have battled athletically for a number of years, they are old friends and wil continue to be. District 7 is larger than the Boro Schools. The "OLD" 7 had character that the "New 7" if that is what its called, will have to develop and with Smyrna and Lavergne. District 8 does not have as much transition nor does 9 but each go thruough the "new" with this coming year. This is not unlike Districts everywhere but times change and sometimes what is for the best may need to be relooked. Good luck to everyone in all of the change and have a good season whatever lottery number you get :lol:

We now have 4yr cycles for reclassification. I think this is our second of such cycles.

Before the reclassification cycle was every two years. The two year reclassification was a real chore for scheduling by the schools.

As I understand, a + or - change in enrollment of 20% can trigger a reclassification of a school in mid cycle.

New schools being added, also changes the neighborhood.

Most rival schools continue to play each other, no matter what the classification. If they still exist.

The old Central Highschool in Murfreesboro had some strong rivalries with Lebanon,Cookeville, White Co. Shelbyville,McMinnvile and others.. Those days are gone with the building of new schools and the closing of old schools.

There was a big stink when Oakland and Riverdale were built and Central was closed. That was emotional. Recassification ain't squat now.

We now have 4yr cycles for reclassification. I think this is our second of such cycles.

Before the reclassification cycle was every two years. The two year reclassification was a real chore for scheduling by the schools.

As I understand, a + or - change in enrollment of 20% can trigger a reclassification of a school in mid cycle.

New schools being added, also changes the neighborhood.

Most rival schools continue to play each other, no matter what the classification. If they still exist.

The old Central Highschool in Murfreesboro had some strong rivalries with Lebanon,Cookeville, White Co. Shelbyville,McMinnvile and others.. Those days are gone with the building of new schools and the closing of old schools.

There was a big stink when Oakland and Riverdale were built and Central was closed. That was emotional. Recassification ain't squat now.

Those rivalries that Central had with those schools still carry over. Oakland has a pretty fierce rivalry with both Lebanon and White Co.